Don’t you hate it when you have to wear your off-shoulder tops or sleeveless tops, and your arms don’t let you do that? Our arms are smooth; we’ve been applying those body butter like we get them for free. But that’s not the problem. The problem lies in those pits, the armpits to be specific. Those tiny little hair strands sneak out of the follicles when you’re least expecting them to. It could be an episode of pillow fight or a workout routine at the gym, but if you have forgotten to keep the elbows locked up at a ninety-degree angle so that nobody sees your underarms, then you are most likely to give everybody a hairy sight.
How do you get rid of that unwanted hair of your underarms? Most of the women pick the shaving route although they are aware that it can cause a lot of irritation to the skin, not to forget the ingrown hair that causes irksome itching. But what if you could achieve those smooth underarms without touching the razor? We’ve put together five such ways that will make you ditch the razor forever. Check them out.
1. Egg White And Cornstarch
Peel-off face masks are the rage these days, aren’t they? If you’ve tried them then you sure know how they help in removing those stubborn blackheads from your nose. Has the thought of trying something similar for your underarm problems ever occurred to you? We found a mask for just that. All that you’ll need is:
- Crack open an egg. Separate the white out and you can throw the yolk away.
- Now add half a tablespoon of cornstarch and a tablespoon of sugar and whisk the mixture.
Apply the paste generously over the hair on your underarms and wait for it to dry out completely (yes, you have to be patient here with your arms held up). Once dry, peel off the mask and say bye-bye to the unwanted hair.
2. Sugar And Lemon Juice
These two ingredients are substances that have been a part of the sugaring paste (wax) since ages. It helps to remove hair easily and the results last for at least 4 weeks. Good news is that ingrown hair is never a possibility with this hack.
You could make this in your microwave at home. These are the ingredients you need:
- A cup of sugar
- A quarter cup of honey
- Juice of a half lemon (2 tablespoons to be specific)
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Then microwave the mixture for just two minutes. (Did you just remember Maggi? Haha!) Once you take it out, keep stirring the mixture every 20-30 seconds so that no lumps are formed. Let it cool and then use it. Apply on the desired area and once it has dried off, peel it off and along with it pull out the unwanted hair.
3. Turmeric And Milk
This is one remedy that will slow down the pace of hair growth on your underarms as well as make the hair thinner with every use. For this, you require:
- Three tablespoons of turmeric powder
- One tablespoon of milk
Mix these up to get a thick paste. Apply a nice generous layer of it on your underarms. Let it dry completely. Now, dip a wash towel in some warm water and get rid of the mask by rubbing it with the towel in circular motions. Dry yourself with the help of a towel. Note that you need to do this often to get noticeable results.
4. Turmeric And Baking Soda
Another way you could use turmeric is with baking soda. And it’s super easy to make too. And this is how you do it:
- Take one part of turmeric powder and two parts of baking soda.
- Add water gradually to them to make a thin paste.
- Apply the paste over your armpits and let it dry out completely.
- Rub this dried paste off with your hands.
- Now wash, and pat your armpits dry with a towel.
We hope you’re aware that turmeric has a stubborn orange-ish color. So be ready to scrub and wash your armpits profusely to get rid of that.
5. Papaya And Turmeric
There’s another use of turmeric, although this is an exotic one because it has papaya in it. No, no, we know the fruit isn’t exotic. But it’s what the papaya contains, something called papain — it’s an enzyme which is capable of destroying the hair follicles (1). It also prevents their regrowth.
- Take around two tablespoons of mashed papaya and add half a tablespoon of turmeric powder to it and mix it well.
- Apply the paste to your underarms and massage well. Then, let it dry.
- Wash it off with warm water.
Note that this remedy is surely effective but only when you repeat this for at least 2-3 times a week and continue to do it for a few months.
So, yes, the underarm hair is surely a problem that one cannot avoid. But we can make it less bearable at least. How do you treat your underarm hair? What’s your go-to way of getting rid of that unwanted hair from your armpit? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest posts by Shivani K (see all)
- Models Who Established Themselves As Actors In Bollywood - January 3, 2020
- Top 8 Indian TV Actresses Who Are More Famous Than Their Bollywood Counterparts - January 3, 2020
- Bollywood Actresses You Didn’t Know Featured In South Indian films - January 2, 2020
- How To Choose A Perfect Saree For Your Body Type - January 2, 2020
- 4 Looks We Absolutely Need To Own From Sonam Kapoor’s Vacation Wardrobe - January 2, 2020