Inspired by the iconic city of Benares, more so, its indigenous weaves and fabrics, the Amazon India Fashion Week Spring / Summer 2016 culminated in a most spectacular fashion finale titled ‘Born in Benares’. In all, 16 ace designers collaborated with weavers and wholesalers in Benares to put together the impressive show. Supporting the government’sMake In India campaign, the finale showcased the designers’ new-age interpretation of the traditional Benarasi weaves.
The FDCI Amazon India Fashion Week (was held from October 7 to 11 at the NSCI Grounds in Okhla, New Delhi. The AIFW saw the nation’s top designers showcase their Spring / Summer 2016 collections, and what really stood out was the Born in Benaras finale. The designers included Namrata Joshipura, Rohit Gandhi and Rahul Khanna, Gauri and Nainika, Ashish N Soni, Abhishek Gupta, Rajesh Pratap Singh, Alpana and Neeraj, Anupamaa Dayal, Manish Arora, Abraham and Thakore, Sabyasachi Mukherjee, Atsu, and Tarun Tahiliani.
The AIFW promises to be back next year with more designers, showcasing yet another legendary fabric.
The show saw three distinctly different looks, and they were truly ravishing. Let us decode these three looks for you:
The First Look – Futuristic/Edgy
The show started with collections from designers portraying a western edgy look. The colors they used were black and gold. It was a sight to behold. The designers gave the traditional Benarasi weaves a modern and contemporary touch. The runway saw a lot of long jackets and A-line skirts for this look.
To keep up with the edginess of the outfits, the stylists gave the models a futuristic look.
Do you want to try this too? Here’s what you need to do:
- Brush your hair thoroughly, and part it into three sections.
- Braid the middle section, and twist it in, such that the bottom part is tucked under the top part of the braid, and fix it with some U-pins.
- Pull back the other two sections, and tie into a low pony. Make sure you spritz some spray to keep your hair in place.
When the attire is the hero, it is only fair to keep the look minimal and natural. The smoky eyes and the bronzed skin do lend it that X factor. Here’s how you can achieve this look:
- Getting the base right is very important. First, cleanse your face, and moisturize well. Then, apply your primer, followed by a satin finish foundation. Make sure everything is blended well.
- The brows are natural, so you could fill them up a little.
- Now, it’s time to use bronze and contour your face.
- Once your base is set, use a brown eye pencil, and smudge it over your lids. Then, use a metallic brown shadow. This will reflect light, and will add the right amount of bling. Follow this with eyeliner and a little bit of kohl. Coat the eyelashes generously with mascara.
- Since this is such a pronounced bronzed look, use a soft brown blush with a matte bronzer on the cheeks.
- Finish with a light pink lipstick, and don’t forget to gloss it up.
[ Recommended Read: 10 Smokey Eyes Mistakes One Should Avoid ]
Here’s a video tutorial that will help you get the smokey eye look!
The Second Look – Boho Chic
This, in its essence, was a resort collection. The outfits were quirky and fun. A great fusion of Indian and western silhouettes, this collection saw bright colors, red, blue, and gold in particular. It was incredible to see the majestic Benarasi weaves in this avatar.
In tune with the boho theme, this is an intentionally messy look. It is so easy to do, and will hardly take any time. Here is how you can do it:
- Comb your hair and pull it into a topknot. Secure it with a rubber band.
- You will notice the ‘finger broken texture’ in the front, with clean sides and back.
- The stylist has used a braid to cover the rubber band securing the topknot. Pull out some hair from the topknot to give it a fan-like look.
- Finish with some spray.
If the futuristic look was hot and sexy, this one’s cool and cute. Here’s how to do it:
- First, clean your skin and moisturize. Apply a primer and a dewy foundation, and blend well.
- Then, work on the eyebrows. Notice that the model’s eyebrows are very prominent. Fill yours up with a brow pencil to make them look thick and pronounced.
- For the eyes, use a silverfish gold highlighter on the inner corners of the eyes. Then, contour the crease with a dark brown eyeshadow. Use a lighter brown on the lids, and blend it into the crease. Use it on the lower lids as well, and smudge.
- Coat the lashes well with mascara.
- Use a bronzer on the hollows of the face. Highlight the face using a highlighting powder.
- Add a hint of pink gloss on the lips.
[ Recommended Read: 7 Makeup Tips To Make Bright Eyeshadow ]
Watch this video to learn the perfect way to apply highlighter makeup.
The Third Look – The Traditional Indian
This look showcased the Benarasi weave in its most conventional form – saris, lehengas, and the works. But it has a modern, sophisticated, and elegant touch to it. The colors used were green, blue, yellow, and cream. This segment seemed like every bride’s dream. It represented India at its finest.
The stylist created a typical Indian, Sabyasachi inspired look. Here is how you can do it:
- Gel your hair and brush it.
- Part your hair in the middle.
- Pull it back and tie it into a low, sleek bun.
- Pin a strand of fresh marigold around the bun, or attach two flowers on one side.
- Spritz on some spray to keep everything in place.
[ Recommended Read: 10 Gorgeous Messy Bun Updos You Must Try ]
This gorgeous look was natural, yet very royal. Here’s how you can do it:
- Cleanse your face and then apply the primer. Once it is blended well, apply a dewy foundation and blend again.
- Contour the hollows of your face and then apply a bronzer.
- The eyes are bold. So, first fill in your brows using a brow pencil. Then, use a brown pencil, and smudge it all over the lids. Follow it up by contouring the crease of your eyes with a brown eyeshadow. Give it a smoky effect. Use kohl on the lower lid, and smudge it with a brush. Make sure it has a slight wing.
- Use a silver highlighter on the brow bone. Add a little bit of brown eyeshadow to finish it.
- Generously coat the upper and lower lashes with mascara.
- Now, apply some highlighting powder on the face.
- Use a light pinkish brown color on the lips. A lip stain will work best with this look.
[ Recommended Read: What Does Your Lipstick Shade Say About You? ]
Want to learn easy procedure to apply foundation daily? Then, you must watch this video.
Image Credit: www.instagram.com
- Top 10 Beautifully Dressed Women Around The World
- 14 Tips That Will Help You Get Dressed In A Jiffy
- 10 Best Oscar Dresses That You Will Remember Forever