We have all come across the proverbial saying that “You are what you eat.” And fruits are one of the things that we eat because they are good for us, but how about applying them to our skin? Whether you want to tighten your skin or improve the facial blood circulation, facials do wonders to your face (1). So, why not combine the best of both worlds — fruits and facials — to give yourself a glow that will make you shine bright like a star, anywhere you are!
Fruit facials are not only safe to use but they are affordable and easy to make. They have generous amounts of alpha hydroxy acids, glycolic acids, malic acids, vitamins, and minerals that are usually used in skincare products (2). Just imagine all that goodness seeping into your skin! The end result is obviously going to be nourished and more polished skin. If you’re more concerned about a glow that lightens your skin tone, fruits will empower you with their natural bleaching properties, too.
Before we jump into the different kinds of fruit packs, here’s a quick guide on how to do a facial:
How To Do A Homemade Fruit Facial
- Clean your skin: Cleanse your skin of any dirt and impurities from the face. Use a mild cleanser and remove all the makeup too.
- Scrub: Next up, scrub the face to eliminate dead skin. This also helps the skin to absorb the fruit juices, enzymes, and vitamins from the fruit paste. If you wish to go natural all the way, use a homemade walnut scrub.
- Face massage: Make a pulpy puree of the fruit combos that you like and mash it well. You can either use a blender or mash it up with your hands. (This is your main component for the facial.) Massage the pulp on the face evenly, in gentle circular motion. Exert light pressure on the skin. This pressure boosts the blood circulation and relieves the facial stress. Meanwhile, the enzymes and vitamins work on your skin to lighten blemishes and provide a glow to your skin.
- Fruit face pack: Now coming to the star of the show — the face pack. This is the last step in every facial. After massaging, it is important to apply a face pack to tone and tighten the skin. For your fruit pulp to transform into a pack, mix some Multani mitti (fuller’s earth) with it. Let the pack stay for 20 minutes, then wash it and pat it dry.So, now that you know your way around giving yourself a facial, you can now choose your favourite fruit pack from below and let your skin make love with the fruits!
1. Tomato Face Pack
What you need: Tomatoes, yogurt, and oatmeal.
The pack: Make a wholesome blend of the three ingredients in a thick paste-like consistency. This mask is the best for you if you’re looking for some radiance and lightening of black spots. The tomatoes in the pack clean your pores, and the yogurt with all its antioxidants and vitamins acts as a natural moisturizer. Next time you need to wake your dull skin up, tomatoes are here to rescue you (3).
2. Cucumber And Milk Face Pack
What you need: Honey, milk, brown sugar, and of course, cucumber.
The pack: Blend all the ingredients together until you get a liquid-y consistency. If you have dry skin, add a tad bit of glycerin to the mix. Apply this to the face, neck, and eye area and leave it for 20 minutes. Use this pack for a week to see a natural shine on your face (4).
3. Strawberries And Chocolate Face Pack
What you need: Cocoa powder, strawberries, and honey (it is the binding and moisturizing agent).
The pack: What’s better than eating strawberries? Applying it to your face! Blend strawberries and cocoa powder with honey to obtain a semi-solid consistency. Apply and leave the mask on for 15mins. The salicylic acid in this pack removes dead skin cells, reduces swelling, and gives a radiant look (5).
4. Mashed Mango Face Pack
What you need: Fuller’s earth and mango.
The pack: If you have lots of mangoes and you have eaten your share already, mash some mangoes for a fruit pack. Combine mashed mangoes and fuller’s earth with some water. Leave this pack on for 20 minutes. It smoothens out your complexion and gives it a fresh look.
5. Papaya And Honey Face Pack
What you need: Papaya and honey.
The pack: No points for guessing! Just mix the two ingredients and you have the easiest and the best face pack ever. While papaya reduces pigmentation, honey acts as a therapeutic, antibacterial skin serum. The soft papaya pulp also softens the skin (6).
Instead of making a trip to the salon that costs you an arm and a leg, why not help yourself to the supermarket for a bag of fruits that can satiate your hunger as well as rejuvenate your skin! What’s your favorite fruit pack, and why? Let us know in the comments.
Latest posts by Anjala Farahath (see all)
- The Russian Sleep Experiment —What Happens When You Don’t Sleep For 30 Days - June 21, 2019
- Science Explains 6 Reasons Why Kissing Your Partner Every Day Can Help You Live Longer - June 14, 2019
- 8 Solo Trips Every Girl Needs To Take Once In Her Life - June 12, 2019
- Do You Love Watermelons? If You See This Split Inside Watermelon Throw It Right Away! Here’s Why - June 7, 2019
- 5 Amazing Ways Muskmelon Is A Blessing For Your Skin - May 28, 2019