Korean skincare products and cosmetics have made their way into top markets worldwide, and their cute packaging makes them absolutely irresistible. In addition to using high-quality skincare products, Koreans also adhere to a strict beauty routine. The 3-second rule is part of the 10-step Korean skincare process and states that you should apply moisturizer as soon as possible after washing the face (ideally within the first 3 seconds). Who would have thought that towel drying can be counterproductive if you’re striving for flawless skin? We also investigated the effects of skipping the cleansing step of the skincare process altogether. Read on to know more about them!
1. It Helps To Absorb The Skin Products
Your skin will benefit the most from your skincare routine if you apply your products immediately after washing your face. Because the skin’s outer layer protects the body’s live cells from the elements, it blocks the penetration of skincare components. However, your skin is more receptive to the active compounds in your serums and moisturizers while it is damp.
2. It Brightens Your Skin Tone
It may sound counterintuitive, but it’s possible for your skin to feel drier just after you wash it. This is due to the rapid evaporation of water from the skin, which removes many of the skin’s natural oils. This might cause your skin to become dry and dull. The sooner you apply moisturizer after cleansing, the better your chances of restoring your skin’s natural radiance and vitality.
3. It Helps Your Skin Look Younger
The skin’s appearance of plumpness and youthfulness is not an optical illusion when it is well-hydrated. Wrinkles and other signs of aging are accentuated by dry skin. Applying a serum or cream that promises to make the complexion smoother may seem reasonable, but doing so can prevent your skin from fully absorbing the serum or cream’s beneficial ingredients. The accumulation of skin cells that have died on dry skin makes it resistant to moisturizers.
4. It Maintains Healthy Skin
When applied immediately after cleansing, moisturizer aids in restoring the skin’s natural moisture balance. Overly dry skin causes oil glands underneath the skin’s surface to produce extra sebum to counteract the dryness and can result in acne.
5. It Protects Your Skin From Damage
Applying moisturizer shortly after washing your face is a must to preserve your skin from the sun. Many face creams include SPF to protect the skin from the sun, which may dry it out and cause it to look wrinkled and flaky.
6. It Soothes Irritated Skin
Extra attention must be paid while caring for sensitive skin since it is quickly irritated. You may avoid dry, itchy skin by using cream as your skin wears out completely. Washing your face more than two times daily can be irritating to your skin and is not recommended by doctors.
7. It Speeds Up Your Skincare Routine
Even though most of us don’t have time or energy to devote to a 10-step Korean skincare routine, the 3-second rule will help you look and feel great in no time at all. Skipping towel drying can save you time in the morning when you’re in a rush to get to work or in the evening when you’re eager to get to bed since your skin will be drier and feel better.
The cosmetics market is undergoing its most extensive transformation ever. People have spent a lot of time in their homes in recent years caring for their appearance, particularly their skin and hair. During this time, Koreans’ skin care procedures gained worldwide notoriety. Their 10-step program and subsequent double-cleansing were widely accepted by people everywhere. If you’re one of those people who wants to know how to have beautiful skin, here they are:
- The Korean people place a high value on steam. The filth and oil in your pores can be flushed out when your pores open up. You may get a head start on your Korean skincare routine by having a steamy shower or utilizing a steam machine.
- Koreans have an insatiable passion for tea. Teas are beneficial for the skin in several ways, including drinking them and using them as a toner to remove excess oil and impurities from the face.
- Exercising your face would not only give you a healthy glow but will also help you achieve the ideal contours for your face. Facial massage is highly recommended by Koreans for younger-looking skin since no one likes sloppy skin.
- While massaging may help get blood flowing, tapping is a more effective method of allowing goods to soak in. Tapping helps the ingredients absorb into the skin, whereas massaging merely helps them rub on the surface.
- Koreans claim that using an overnight mask is the key to waking up with picture-perfect skin. A 20-minute mask is plenty, but leaving it on overnight gives the nutrients time to do their job.
- They really like it when you give special attention to your lips. Keeping your lips moisturized and full all day long is easy with the help of tints, oils, and balms.
Even if not every day, it is important to follow a whole 10-step program, including a toner, sheet mask, and moisturizer, to give your skin the care it needs. The Korean skincare experts have figured out that layering their products is the way to go, and knowing this will help you achieve the flawless skin you had been praying for. So what is your secret to healthy-looking skin? Let us know in the comments section!