How To Keep Your Body Hydrated Without Drinking Water
70% of our being is water. Water is an extremely important component of our daily lives. Be it yogis, fitness trainers or even your nagging mom, everyone is going to urge you to drink water. 8 tall glasses is a standard, an absolute must. But how many of us can really remember to drink so much? Some of us don’t even like drinking water. And what is most annoying is what comes after; the numerous visits to the bathroom. Just to motivate you a little, let me quickly list down the importance of water.
- A hydrated body is a competently performing body. It takes the right foods and nutrients to supply enough oxygen, and to clean out the waste materials. Water is extremely essential for this function.
- Water comes in handy to make sure your body is at the right temperature, to push out the toxins, and to keep a moist atmosphere around tissues and joints.
- A dehydrated body is a bloated body. True Story! Your body goes into survival mode thinking that it is facing drought conditions when there is a lack of hydration. Water is the best solution.
[ Recommended Read: 5 Water Recipes To Keep You Hydrated ]
Water Rich Foods
But if you don’t like water or if you cannot get yourself to drink enough water, then here are some foods that have a significant amount of water in them.
Plant based foods are great sources of hydration for your body. They contain lots of water when compared to their weight. And when I say lots, I mean about 75% to 95% water. Watermelon, grapefruit, celery and broccoli comprise of about 90% water. Water rich foods don’t just hydrate, but they also give you the required amount of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and are a great source of natural sugars too.
Its not just plant based foods that are water-rich. Seafood and low fat dairy can also hydrate you. Yogurt has about 85% of water and seafood about 70%. Not bad at all!
Keep Yourself Hydrated With A Watermelon Smoothie, Here Is How:
It’s not just plant based foods that are water-rich. Seafood and low fat dairy can also hydrate you. Yogurt has about 85% of water and seafood about 70%. Not bad at all!
[ Recommended Read: 22 Amazing Health Benefits Of Drinking Water ]
9 Tips To Increase Your Water Intake Without Actually Drinking Water:
Well, nothing can replace water, and these tips certainly don’t mean that you can stop drinking water, but you could definitely try them to make up for the low quantity of water that you drink. Take a look:
- Load up on fruits and veggies. With these healthy goodies, you could easily have 2 to 3 servings in every meal.
- Avoid or reduce your meat intake. Meat is harder to digest and makes your kidneys work much more than required. Replace the meat with the vegetables.
- You can never get enough of greens. Drinking green smoothies, and specially early in the morning, makes a big difference to your body.This Video Will Help You Make A Healthy Spinach Smoothie:
Firstly, these smoothies are liquid based. Secondly, they contain water rich fruits and/or veggies. And the best part – they are very easy to digest.
- Using a high quality salt for cooking is highly advisable. Dump the table salt and opt for a sea salt, or a Himalayan salt. These are rich in trace minerals. Sea salt is also known to have lesser sodium than table salt.
- Herbal teas are great. They are rich in antioxidants and they keep you well hydrated.
- Juice it up! Drinking fresh juices are a great way to amplify your liquid intake while enhancing the nutrients.
- Coconut water is another amazing, healthy and tasty substitute for water. Just be sure there are no added sugars or preservatives.
- Make those dinners soupilicious! Turning those otherwise unappealing veggies into a soup, definitely increases their palatability. The advantage- you get to have both, the veggies and the water.
- For those of you who go berserk over coffee. Bad news! You must not have more than three cups of coffee each day. Coffee being a diuretic makes you want to urinate more often, thus, dehydrating you.
Watch This Video To Make Your Own Green Smoothie:
They say every drop of water is needed to fill that ocean. They also say that a fish cannot survive without water. Well, both of these are absolutely true. You are that fish and you are the ocean. So always remember to drink up and stay hydrated!
Image Credit: www.shutterstock.com