When you feel the urge to go, you gotta go – it’s good for your health!
But when you’re sitting in a meeting or if you are in a hurry to meet an urgent deadline, attending to nature’s call isn’t there on your priority list. We all have been in such a situation at least once where we really need to pee, but for whatever reason, we decided to ignore the urge. Well, if you do this, it’s high time that you change your habit. Especially women, who hold in their pee for a long period as they do not find it comfortable to use public toilets.
What really happens when you hold the urge to pee for too long and too frequently? Urination is the body’s natural way to get rid of excess water and other wastes. Here’s why you must not mess up with this natural process:
1. It Causes Kidney Stones.
Kidney stones can be quite painful. They are nothing but the formation of hardened materials in the kidneys and the urinary tracts. When you hold in your pee for a long period, it causes the minerals and toxins to get accumulated and crystallized, eventually forming stones. Small stones pass out automatically without causing any pain. But, when the size of the stone grows, it blocks the urine flow and causes pain too.
2. It Weakens The Bladder Muscles.
Holding in pee weakens the bladder muscles. This eventually leads to urinary retention, which means your urinary system is unable to empty the bladder completely. It can also cause Interstitial Cystitis, where the walls of the bladder get inflamed.
3. It Also Causes Urinary Tract Infections.
UTI or urinary tract infection is a common side effect that is caused when you hold in your pee frequently and for longer. When the urine stays in the bladder for a long period of time, high levels of bacteria are formed in the bladder that leads to infections in the urinary tract, bladder, and the kidneys.
The normal urination rate in a day is eight to ten times. However, it varies from person to person.
Whatever the reason is, it is not a good habit to hold in your pee. You must consider the health risks that are caused due to it.
We hope you liked the article. If you have any queries, you can post them in the comments box below.
Latest posts by Jyotsana Rao (see all)
- Should Women Shave Their Face? Here’s Why Some Beauty Experts Vote Yes - September 17, 2019
- 4 Amazing Beauty Benefits Of Tomatoes! It Treats Acne Too. - April 6, 2017
- It Empties Your Bowels And Makes You Lose A Lot Of Weight Too! - March 30, 2017
- Milk Wax – Never Heard Of This Before, But My Sister Is Using It Since Last Year And Now, Her Skin Is Just Like Milk - March 28, 2017
- She Begins Rubbing Turmeric Onto Her Cheeks. When She Rubs It Off, The Results Are Unbelievable! - March 21, 2017