Hurray! It’s that time of the year peeps… you know, it’s time for the pumpkins to be harvested. And if there’s any celebration associated with pumpkins, it’s got to be the Halloween, right? Hell yeah! For those who don’t know, Halloween is celebrated every October 31st in the year in most countries worldwide. It’s the time when even the laziest of souls wake up with creativity and work on their Halloween costumes. Halloween is also known as AllHalloween or All Hallows’ Eve, and some even call it All Saints’ Eve. Traditionally, it’s a three-day observance where the dead are remembered, including martyrs and saints.
Everything that we observe or celebrate has its own set of important activities, right? We sure are familiar with the trick-or-treating, but there are many more activities that have emerged since the inception of Halloween. Some of them include costume parties, lighting bonfires, playing pranks, carving vegetables, scary storytelling sessions, etc.
While all these seem fun to do, people in many countries engage in serious activities like lighting candles at the graveyards of their dear ones and attend church services.
Now, having said all of the above, there’s one more important thing that we need to consider which most of the millennials gladly show interest in. It’s the Halloween bash all right! We see families hosting Halloween parties at their place. And it’s not an ordinary party, it’s a fun guaranteed one. Most of the parties end with desserts, right? And if you’re hosting one this year, you might have to crack your head a little to figure out which dessert you want to serve to your guests. Nope, none of your uber-famous chocolate cake or tiramisu can be considered here. If you still haven’t found your dessert recipe for this Halloween, we bring to you the best Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe ever! We thought of this as pumpkin forms a significant part of Halloween. Go ahead, follow the step-wise recipe that we’ve laid out to put your dessert horrors to rest.
Best Ever Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
We think it’s the perfect dessert for your Halloween this year because it’s got pumpkin and cheese (not a pun). We think cheese is all the love that the pumpkin needed to feel like an amazing fruit (yep, pumpkin is a fruit).
So let’s start cooking now.
- 200 grams of pumpkin. We’re using the Japanese variety called Kabocha
- 50 grams of granulated sugar
- 200 grams of cream cheese (say CHEESE)
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 100 ml of heavy cream. If you don’t have it, you can substitute it with some plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose or cake flour
- Some moisture-resistant powder sugar for garnish
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of rum which is optional
- Peel the skin of the pumpkin. Remove all the seeds. Scoop out its flesh into a bowl and microwave it for four minutes at 600 watts.
- After microwaving it, use a paper towel to absorb any moisture or water from the pumpkin that is in the bowl.
- Add sugar and honey to the pumpkin while it’s still hot and mash it well.
- Use a hand mixer to further mash it and add cream cheese at this point.
- Once you notice that cheese has mixed well with the pumpkin, it’s time to add the two eggs and heavy cream. Blend it thoroughly.
- Next, add the flour and vanilla extract. Mix the batter until all the ingredients are nice and moist. If you are using rum, this is the right time to add that as well.
- With the help of a spatula carefully mix the cake batter to ensure that there are no air bubbles
- Take a cake pan. Arrange the parchment paper sheets in the bottom and the sides of the pan. We recommend using a non-stick parchment paper.
- Pour the cake batter into the pan and check for any air bubbles. If there are any drop the pan slowly to get rid of them.
- Pre-heat the oven at 170-degree Celsius. Bake the cheesecake for 40 minutes. If you think that the top part of the cheesecake will brown too quickly, cover it with aluminum foil.
- Remove the cake pan after it’s baked. Use a bamboo needle to pierce the cake. If it comes out clean, pat yourself, you’ve done a great job.
- Let the cake cool down. And then refrigerate it for at least three hours. This will help us enjoy the texture of the cheesecake better.
- To decorate the cake, you can either drizzle it with caramel sauce. Or you can place a paper stencil over the cake and drizzle powdered sugar over it. Do it your way.
oila! The best pumpkin cheesecake is ready to be served. Wasn’t that an easy thing to do? Do try it out and let us know how it tastes in the comments below. And oh, Happy Halloween peeps!
Latest posts by Shivani K (see all)
- 7 Habits Of The Most Confident People - November 8, 2019
- Skin Problems Caused Due To Pollution And 5 Ways How To Fix Them - November 8, 2019
- 7 Signs You Are Not Ready To Get Married Yet - November 8, 2019
- How To Stop Fighting In A Relationship - November 7, 2019
- Weird Things Your Voice Can Reveal About You - November 7, 2019