Our lips are one of the softest and most delicate features of our body. The skin of the lips is much thinner compared to the rest of our face. The underlying tissues give the lips their natural rosy color.
We often tend to take our lips for granted. But, if proper care is not taken, it can lead to darkening of the lips. Dark lips are definitely not attractive. Exposure to sunlight, excessive smoking, and chewing of tobacco can also cause darkening of the lips. Simple everyday habits like having tea and coffee can also darken them. Apart from these lifestyle habits, diseases such as jaundice, lentigo, cyanosis, dermatitis, and anemia, or an allergic reaction, can lead to lip darkening. Wrong use of products or cheap skin care creams also cannot be ruled out.
But whatever the cause might be, this condition is not irreversible. Check out this video featuring three simple kitchen ingredients that can help you lighten your lips naturally.
Latest posts by Shirin Mehdi (see all)
- Quiz: A Fun Color Test That Can Predict Your Mental Age - February 9, 2018
- Being Pregnant Is Not Easy; Let’s Make It Less Difficult For Her - May 5, 2017
- Are You As Happy As You Think You Are? - April 26, 2017
- What She Spreads On Her Skin, Everyone Has At Home – But Nobody Uses It! - March 15, 2017
- Do You Have A Lump On Your Neck, Back Or Behind Your Ear? - March 8, 2017