Forget about the tears that they make you weep and the pungent odor that they emit, onions add yummy taste to our food. And apart from this, these flavorful bulbs are packed with nutrients and antioxidants.
They turn out to be magical when we consider the health benefits they provide. From a sore throat till insect bites, onions can cure anything and everything! You remember your Granny’s list of secret ingredients to lead a healthy life? Well, onion is one amongst them! So, let’s check what an onion can do!
1. Got An Insect Bite? Just Rub An Onion Slice Over The Bite!
Now, this might sound weird, but trust me, doing this will reduce the pain instantly. All you need to do is take an onion slice and rub it over the bitten area. Doing this will draw the poison out of your body and the pain and swelling would be gone within minutes.
2. Got A Burn On Your Hand? Repeat The Same As Above!
Onion juice is known for its property to alleviate the pain. Rubbing it over the burned area also reduces the risk of infection and prevents scarring as well. Easy method, right?
3. Is A Splinter Irritating You Since A Long Time? We Have A Solution!
Just hold a small piece of raw onion over the splinter for around 40 minutes (you can stick it with a tape) and remove the onion piece. The splinter will be gone by then!
4. Are Menstrual Cramps Making Your Day Tough? Use Onion As A Painkiller.
Yes, you read that right! Start consuming raw onions two-three days before Aunt Flo is to visit, and see the results for yourself!
5. Got Warts On Your Foot?
Rub an onion on your warts continuously for a few days or just tape it on the warts – and you’ll soon see those horrid warts disappearing!
Make sure you use a fresh onion daily.
6. Suffering From Fever? Put An Onion Slice In Your Socks And Sleep.
Take an onion and cut it into thin and flat slices and place this slice in your socks (under your foot, like a platform), and sleep as you usually do.
As you sleep, the healing properties of the onions will be absorbed by the feet, and this will help in stimulating the meridians and reduce the fever.
However, reusing the same onion slice is not at all recommended. So, be careful about that.
7. Feeling Nauseated? Rely On Onion Juice!
Drinking two teaspoons of fresh onion juice followed by a cup of tea can help stop the vomiting.
8. Is The Length Of Your Hair Same Since Ages?? Try The Onion Juice Hair Mask.
Onions contain sulfur compounds that not only help in blood circulation but also provide much-required nourishment to the hair, thereby promoting hair growth.
9. Suffering Through A Bad Earache? Try This!
Place a piece of onion over your ear canal and keep it like that for a few hours. The onion will help in softening the buildup of wax in your ear and thereby reduce the pain.
But before trying this, make sure the size of onion is not so small that it enters the ear canal (taking that piece out would be another challenging task then… wink! wink!).
10. A Sore Throat Is Bad, And Onion Juice Can Help You Soothe Your Throat. This Is How!
You can either make an onion tea and drink it or else you can boil onion peels in water and then gargle two-three times with this concoction.
This will help in reducing the inflammation in your throat.
So, if you’ve been following the dictum, “an apple a day, keeps a doctor away” religiously, then probably you should add an onion to that regimen too!
We hope you find this post useful. Share your views in the comments box below.
Latest posts by Jyotsana Rao (see all)
- Should Women Shave Their Face? Here’s Why Some Beauty Experts Vote Yes - September 17, 2019
- 4 Amazing Beauty Benefits Of Tomatoes! It Treats Acne Too. - April 6, 2017
- It Empties Your Bowels And Makes You Lose A Lot Of Weight Too! - March 30, 2017
- Milk Wax – Never Heard Of This Before, But My Sister Is Using It Since Last Year And Now, Her Skin Is Just Like Milk - March 28, 2017
- She Begins Rubbing Turmeric Onto Her Cheeks. When She Rubs It Off, The Results Are Unbelievable! - March 21, 2017