Sit. Stand. Repeat. This simple trick is actually a great way to measure the fitness and flexibility of your body. It can also determine how long you are going to live.
Wondering how is it possible? Read on to know more:
According to a study published in the European Journal of Cardiology, a Brazilian physician, Claudio Gil Arujo, along with this colleagues, measured the flexibility of one’s body with the help of this sitting-rising test (SRT). He conducted a study with around 2,000 people, aged between 51-80 years. As a result, he found out that the health of all those people who scored below 8 points was at risk, and that they could die within the next six years. Those who scored between 9 to 10 points were the healthiest and had a higher life expectancy.
The test also determined that with each point scored in the SRT, there is an increase of 21 percent in the life expectancy.
You can try this simple test by following these steps:
- Stand barefoot on a flat surface.
- Now, lower yourself and sit cross-legged without leaning on any external support.
- Without using your hands, knees, or forearms, try to stand up.
The way you stand up decides your score and is counted on a scale of 1 to 10. The scaling is equally divided among the two important movements, i.e., standing back up and lowering yourself to the floor.
Every time you use your hands or knees to take support to stand up, you lose a point, and if you lose your balance while standing up, you lose another 0.5 points.
So, take off your shoes and try this right now! Isn’t it a great way to know how long you’re going to live? Try it and also share the post with your family and friends.
Latest posts by Jyotsana Rao (see all)
- Should Women Shave Their Face? Here’s Why Some Beauty Experts Vote Yes - September 17, 2019
- 4 Amazing Beauty Benefits Of Tomatoes! It Treats Acne Too. - April 6, 2017
- It Empties Your Bowels And Makes You Lose A Lot Of Weight Too! - March 30, 2017
- Milk Wax – Never Heard Of This Before, But My Sister Is Using It Since Last Year And Now, Her Skin Is Just Like Milk - March 28, 2017
- She Begins Rubbing Turmeric Onto Her Cheeks. When She Rubs It Off, The Results Are Unbelievable! - March 21, 2017