Studies show that three hours of uninterrupted sitting causes blood vessels to compress and slows down blood circulation. Whether in school, home, or office, here’s a concise list of problems caused by excessive sitting.
1. Leg Disorders
Sitting continuously not only causes swelling of ankles and varicose veins present in the legs, but also leads to deep vein thrombosis, a condition caused by blood clotting.
2. Weak Bones
Continuous lack of activity can cause osteoporosis, a disease that increases bone breaking.
3. Back Problems
Sitting exerts more pressure on the spine than standing. Thus, prolonged sitting increases the risk of spondylitis.
4. Strained Neck and Shoulders
You subconsciously hold your neck forward during sitting, which can strain the cervical vertebrae and cause neck and shoulder soreness.
5. Hip Problems
Uninterrupted sitting also leads to the tightening of the hips and affects their mobility.
6. Digestion Problems
Sitting down after eating causes the abdomen to compress and slows down digestion.
Prolonged sitting causes pancreas dysfunction and leads to an imbalance in the insulin production, thus causing diabetes.
Increased insulin has also been linked increased cell growth, a cause of cancer. Frequent movements boost the body’s antioxidants that attack the free radicals that cause cancer. However, sitting reduces movement and increases the risk of cancer.
9. Heart Damage
The slow blood circulation also causes the muscles to burn less fat, thereby making it easier for the fatty acids to clog the arteries.
10. Brain Damage
Slow blood circulation reduces the supply of oxygen that reaches the brain, thus slowing its functioning, and causing hormonal imbalance.
Latest posts by StyleCraze (see all)
- 11 Sorry Love Quotes For Him That Will Touch His Heart - May 30, 2019
- Valentine Day Love Letter – 6 Samples For A Start! - February 6, 2019
- Valentine Gifts For Husband: 40 Gift Ideas For Your Love Muffin - February 5, 2019
- 16 Quirky Valentines Day Cards For Real Lovers, Not Fake Disney Stuff - January 29, 2019
- Heart Touching Love Quotes For Him: 20 Most Romantic Quotes Ever - December 5, 2018