Whether we think of the lush sparkle of diamonds, the decadent glitter of red rubies or the glamorous glint of emeralds, precious stones have us all secretly (or maybe not so secretly) echoing the infamous Gollum’s words, “My precious!”
And the poor little Hobbit may have actually been on to something because different precious stones have a close association with the different months of the Gregorian calendar as well as the corresponding astrological sun signs of those months. This bestows upon them their celebrated label of ‘birthstones.’
Consider yourself a skeptic? Well, be prepared to be amazed! Your birthstone can disclose remarkable attributes of your personality, which may pleasantly surprise you.
Let’s find out about your very own birthstone that embodies your personality and the pivotal healing powers it is associated with.
1. January: Garnet
If the garnet is your birthstone, you’re probably the reliable ‘jack of all trades’ of your social circle. People constantly approach you as they know they can rely on you to take care of things. You are responsible and capable of doing anything. You are a rationalist, ruled by logic. Yet, you are also compassionate and nurturing with a maternal, tender side.
- Garnet is known to cleanse and augment the individual’s energy.
- This stone aids in facilitating the internal and external balance and healing of problems.
2. February: Amethyst
If you have the lovely, unique amethyst as your birthstone, you’re probably known as quite a ‘daydreamer.’ You have a serene quality about you, which has a calming effect on others around you. You tend to avoid confrontations as peace is your refuge. You may also have spiritual tendencies.
- This is a stone that healers swear by. Amethysts concentrate energy.
- Should be worn close to the region of your body that requires energy. Amethysts are often used to treat lung and blood ailments.
3. March: Aquamarine
Exactly like the clear crystal blue depths of aquamarine, if this is your birthstone, you’re probably a ‘what you see is what you get’ personality. Honesty, frankness, and adeptly being able to express your thoughts and feelings to others could be some of your traits.
This stone signifies purity and is loved by sailors.
- Possesses energies that calm your mind and relieve stress.
- Very popular amongst pregnant women for its ability to protect you from negative energies.
- Known to aid in the healing of allergies and thyroid ailments and balancing immunity.
4. April: Diamond
As hackneyed as it may sound, the diamond’s toughness translates into your personality. If this is your birthstone, you’re probably stubborn and resolute in your approach to life. Difficult to persuade, you always seem to sparkle to others. You play by your own rules.
- The diamond has an abundance of energy that, beware, can augment both positive and negative energies.
- Stabilizes the metabolism and repairs cell phone radiation damage.
- Also known to benefit the brain and the eyes.
5. May: Emerald
If the glittering emerald is the birthstone of your partner or loved one, consider yourself very fortunate. These individuals are known for their loyalty, faithfulness, and unconditional love, exactly like lobsters. They’re also good at harmonizing with other types of personalities.
- Allows recovery during treatment for diabetes, rheumatism, and any other infections.
- Known to aid in the healing of muscular, spine, and liver ailments.
- Alleviates sinusitis and enhances eye health.
6. June: Pearl
You’re someone who frequently appears innocent, demure, and maybe naïve. In fact, you are actually resilient and strong. You enjoy nature and share a special bond with animals.
- Pearls are known to boost fertility and treat bloating and other digestion ailments.
- They also accelerate the healing of skin ailments.
7. July: Ruby
The rich redness of the ruby translates into your personality. You’re vivacious, vibrant, and somewhat dramatic. You never shy away from confrontations and possess a striking self-confidence. Those around you also appreciate you for your honesty and fulfillment of promises.
- Eliminates negative energies around you.
- Takes away fatigue or laziness and boosts energy.
- Decreases fever and aids in the physiology of kidneys, spleen, and reproductive organs.
8. August: Peridot
You’re a chatterbox. You make friends with enviable ease and could probably befriend anyone as all you want is for someone to listen to you. But this trait is the reason behind your known charm and geniality.
- Peridot bolsters immunity and metabolism and enhances the healing of intestinal, gallbladder, and thymus ailments.
- Known to reduce lethargy and numbness.
- Promotes the healing of ulcers and skin ailments.
9. September: Sapphire
You’re known for your remarkable intelligence and sangfroid nature even in the most difficult of situations. You’re also difficult to get to know as you don’t easily open up to people. You don’t trust without effort.
- Known to balance the body’s functions and calm the overactive organs.
- Aids in the healing of blood ailments, particularly in strengthening your arterial and venous walls.
10. October: Opal
You may appear serene and calm on the surface, but your mind is a constant whirlwind. You have an unequaled love for adventures. You are known for your spontaneity and are usually popular in your circles.
- Sharpens your memory and boosts your motivation to embrace life.
- Aids in the healing of infections and regulating blood sugar and insulin levels.
- Also known for easing childbirth and PMS.
11. November: Citrine
If you’re born in the month ruled by citrine, then you’re known for your immensely good luck. You always have good omens following you. This also makes you a rather optimistic and positive personality, which can be contagious to those hanging out with you.
- Rejuvenates your energy, especially when you are sick.
- Can aid the body in dealing with degenerative diseases and kidney, urinary, and digestive ailments.
- Known to purify the toxicities generated by medical drugs.
12. December: Turquoise
You are referred to as a ‘guardian angel.’ You have a uniquely strong protective instinct for those around you. You’re known to appear young, confident, and wise.
- Turquoise aids the body in absorbing nutrients and regeneration of tissues.
- Aids in the reduction of pain and healing of cataracts and other eye ailments.
- Also aids in stabilizing inflammatory disorders.
If you think you needed an excuse to invest in some precious stones, you now know what color to buy. For, your birthstone could actually bring you a fortune and enhance your health. Can you think of a better bargain?