You know what they say, “Don’t judge a book by its cover.” But yet, it’s a habit we just can’t control. We don’t waste a second in raising our finger against someone else. Here are 10 real life stories that can change your perception for the better.
- Most of us are into looks and appearances, right? Well, my friend was the exception to that rule. She got married to a nice guy because of her amazing sense of humor. Being small-chested, my friend is used to wear all kinds of padded and push up bras and even resorted to stuffing them with extra padding. While we were on the beach, she was adjusting her towel, and off came her swimsuit with the pads and everything! She yelled, ‘My boobs fell off and are gone with the wind!’ The guy next to us started laughing hard, and a week after that, he proposed to her.
- I am the kind who’d rather walk away than give beggars money. I believe they are all faking it most of the time. But one fine day, I came across a homeless man who was trying to feed the hungry dogs on the street, even though he looked like he could barely manage any food for himself. That touched my heart so much that I still feed him from time to time to this day.
- Our son is blind, and we’ve always had the hardest time introducing him to the world and vice-versa. Although we try our level best to instill positivity in him. One day one of our friends suggested we enroll him in an art class. Even though we were skeptical, we did just that, and a couple of days later, his art teacher called us saying that he has a rare talent. He is able to draw things he’s never seen just by touching them. Now, we’re in a place where several of our son’s artwork has been bought by people, and his work is regularly exhibited at galleries.
- I’ve always been a bit of a prankster, so I played one on a girl I found unattractive. Created a fake profile to speak to her and make her fall for me. I had even planned to call her for a date and stand her up, but as destiny would have it, I ended up discovering that she’s an incredible woman and fell in love with her.
- It was just one of those nights when I was crashing at my girlfriend’s. I got hungry in the middle of the night, and since she’s the diet conscious kind, I didn’t wake her up (lest I offend her or her weight watching habits) and decided to rustle something for myself in the kitchen. I had just taken out the pan when I heard a deep voice behind my back saying, “you’re eating?” I dropped the pan and turned to look, and my girlfriend’s parrot was repeating the same words again and again! My girlfriend was laughing crazy. They say animals are stupid, but I doubt that.
- My husband is not the kind who wears his heart on his sleeve. He’s reserved and afraid to flaunt his feelings most of the time. In fact, making him say “I love you” is a challenge. Most of my friends think he’s like a zombie or a vampire. But I know the sweet emotional man he really is. He very carefully stores a rose-shaped origami I had made for him in his wallet. He never wants to damage it.
- I’m kind of a workaholic and end up overworking a lot. One day, I was trying to get into my office, and nobody would open the damn door, even though I kept knocking for over half an hour! I finally yelled, “Let me in! I’m your boss!” The guard came up to me and told me he’d call the police as I was knocking on the bank’s door.
- We had bought our son a guitar, which I had never seen him touch. That annoyed me, and I ended screaming at him, “Why did we waste so much money on it if you never wanted to play it?” The next day, I fell ill. My husband had gone to get the medicines, and my son didn’t know I was at home when I suddenly heard the lilting tunes of a romantic song being strummed on the guitar. I felt bad for screaming at him then.
- I had recently started dating a guy and called him over to my place, hoping to have a romantic evening. I got food poisoning and wound up in the washroom instead. Just when I thought this relationship was doomed, he popped in with medical supplies to help me out. He stayed with me all night, comforting me and even hugging me!
- I got married recently and had my friend staying over for the night. I woke up suddenly and heard noises coming from the guest room. I was raging mad and all ready to kill when I walked into the room and saw them playing chess. My friend had lost, and my husband was goading her to moo like a cow!
We hope these stories will teach you to lower your expectations and accept people as they are. After all, nobody’s perfect in this world.