If you have ever lost yourself in the mesmerizing fragrance of a rose, there is a fair chance that you are already in love with this popular flower. Shakespeare wrote some of his most famous lines referring to it! Cleopatra was believed to have used it as a part of her beauty regime, and for generations, rose has been used by women across the world to enhance their beauty.
Rose, or rosewater, is one of the most amazing ingredients that you can include in your skin care routine. It helps soften your skin and gives it a natural, healthy glow. Rosewater is beneficial for your skin in several ways. Let’s take a look at some of its most common beauty uses.
Benefits Of Rosewater For Skin:
- Rosewater helps to maintain your skin’s pH balance.
- It helps fight acne, dermatitis and eczema.
- Rose water hydrates, revitalizes and moisturizes the skin, and makes it smooth.
- It also helps to heal scars, cuts and wounds.
- Rose water cools the skin.
- It helps to tone the skin. It also has anti-bacterial properties.
- The antioxidant properties of rose water help to strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues.
- The nourishing and moisturizing properties of rose water enhance the quality of hair.
- Rose water helps to treat mild scalp inflammations and dandruff that are caused by fungal infections.
- It also helps to revitalize aging skin and keeps fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
[ Read: How Rose Water Can Help Treat Acne ]
Benefits Of Rosewater For Eyes:
Fresh rose water can be used daily as an eye drop.
- It will prevent and cure dark circles and puffiness.
- Rose water will also help to cleanse and cool the eyes.
[ Read: Popular Benefits of Rosewater For Eyes ]
How To Use Rosewater For Skin?
1. Rosewater As A Facial Toner:
Most toners available in the market contain chemicals and alcohol. Using these on a regular basis on your skin will make it dry. Rose water is a better and more natural alternative to these chemical-laden toners.
- Apply chilled rose water on your skin with a soft cotton ball.
- Do this immediately after cleansing your face.
Using rose water as a toner will help to naturally tone up your facial skin. It will close the open pores and make the skin give off a pleasant floral fragrance.
2. Rosewater After-Sun Body Spray:
Rose water can be used to treat skin rashes caused due to sun exposure and sunburns.
- Crush 10 to 15 tulsi leaves and add it to 200 ml of rose water.
- Store this liquid in a spray bottle and refrigerate.
This water can be used as an after–sun body spray. Spray it over your body to help calm the skin. It also soothes sunburns and heals red, itchy skin.
3. Rosewater As A Lip Stain:
This is a very simple and natural DIY trick.
- Cut a beetroot into small pieces
- Let it dry out in the sun.
- Grind it into a fine powder.
- Now add a teaspoon of rose water to this beetroot powder. Your lip pack is ready!
- Apply this evenly on your lips and wash it off after 15 minutes.
This pack instantly makes your lips soft and pink. It is a natural and healthy way to color your lips pink – without using any cosmetics!
[ Read: How To Make Rosewater At Home ]
4. Rosewater And Creams:
Rose water has moisturising properties. For best results, simply add a few drops of rosewater to your regular cream or moisturiser before applying it.
5. Rosewater As A Cleanser:
Wipe the dirt and dead skin off your face by using rose water as a cleanser.
Mix one cup of rose water, two teaspoons of glycerin and 10 drops of rose essential oil to make the cleanser.
6. Rosewater For Acne:
Good news for acne sufferers! Rose water can be used to treat acne as well.
- Mix the juice of one lemon and rose water in equal quantities.
- Apply this mixture on your face and keep it on for about half an hour.
- Wash it off with water. After applying this for 2-3 weeks, you will see a visible difference in your skin. Application of rose water helps relieve acne, and reduces blemishes and scars.
Another way to use rose water for treating acne is to add it as an ingredient in a cucumber and honey homemade face mask.
- Blend two inches of fresh, cold cucumber with two tbsp of raw honey.
- Add just enough rose water to make a soft paste.
- Before applying the pack, wash your face with warm water.
- Pat dry and apply this mask.
- Wait for 15 minutes, rinse, and enjoy how your skin feels. Use once in a week.
These are some of the many benefits of rosewater. The best part is, it is easily available and very affordable. Include it as a part of your daily beauty and skin care routine to get glowing and healthy skin. Do leave us a comment and tell us if you liked this article!
Latest posts by StyleCraze (see all)
- Piracetam Benefits For Brain Health Plus Potential Side Effects - May 25, 2016
- Phenibut HCL: What Does It Do, Risk Of Potential Side Effects, And Dosage Recommendations - May 25, 2016
- Benefits of Inositol Supplements: Effects, Function, and Potential Side Effects - May 24, 2016
- L-Tyrosine: Benefits, Side Effects, And Dosages Guide - May 16, 2016
- L-Dopa: Effects, Side Effects, And Dosages - May 16, 2016