10 Effective Sandalwood Face Packs For Your Skin
Learn different ways to use this ingredient for all skin types and issues.
The ancient Egyptians used sandalwood for its medicinal properties. In India, sandalwood is used as medicine and holds a special place in religious rituals. Moreover, sandalwood face packs are a popular solution for many skin care woes. Its benefits on the skin have made it a popular ingredient in soaps and perfumes. Keep reading to find out how you can incorporate DIY sandalwood face packs into your skin care routine.
In This Article
Amazing Sandalwood Face Packs
For Dry Skin
For Oily Skin
For Acne Prone Skin
For Dull Skin
Let’s discuss in detail about each type of Chandan face pack.
Sandalwood Face Packs For Dry Skin
Dry skin truly is a bane for many! Dry, flaky skin not only looks dull, but ages faster too. Fortunately, you can now pamper your dry skin with these sandalwood face packs.
1. Sandalwood And Milk Face Pack
Use this face pack three times a week for optimum results. Sandalwood, milk, and rose water will work in tandem to restore the natural pH balance of your skin. This will remove signs of skin dryness completely.
- Sandalwood oil
- 1 teaspoon of milk powder
- Rose water
How To Prepare and Apply Sandalwood And Milk Face Pack?
1. Take the milk powder in a bowl and add a few drops of sandalwood oil to it.
2. Add rosewater until a paste is formed.
3. Apply the paste on your face and neck and leave to dry for 15-20 minutes.
4. Wash off with cool water. Follow with a moisturizer.
2. Sandalwood, Coconut, And Almond Oil Face Pack
When combined with sandalwood, coconut and almond oil will help to moisturize the skin and prevent any burning due to dryness. This will help hydrate and restore damaged skin (1) (2).
- 1 teaspoon sandalwood powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon almond oil
How To Prepare and Apply Sandalwood, Coconut, And Almond Oil Face Pack?
1. Mix sandalwood powder with coconut oil and almond oil to make a paste.
2. Add a few drops of rose water as required.
3. Apply to the face and neck.
4. Let the pack sit for 15 to 20 minutes and wash it off with water.
Sandalwood Face Packs For Oily Skin
Isn’t it amazing that a single product can work to beat both dryness and oiliness? Just tweak the ingredients a little, and voila! Your hydrating face pack now works as an oil controller!
3. Sandalwood, Tomato Juice, And Fuller’s Earth Face Pack
Use this face pack every day to say goodbye to excess oil and dirt. This face pack is also a powerful alternative to anti-pollution face packs/face washes. Sandalwood, when combined with tomato (which is an astringenti XA chemical that helps contract skin cells and body tissues. They help minimize pores and tighten the skin. ), penetrates deep into the skin and helps protect your skin against photodamagei XSkin damage such as wrinkles, freckles, and pigmentation caused by excessive sun exposure or radiation. (3). It cleans the pores of oil and dirt while removing whiteheads and blackheads, giving you a glowing and blemish-free skin.
- 1/2 teaspoon of sandalwood powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of fuller’s earth (multani mitti)
How To Prepare and Apply Sandalwood, Tomato Juice, And Fuller’s Earth Face Pack?
1. Mix the sandalwood powder and tomato juice in a bowl. Blend well to avoid lumps.
2. Add the fuller’s earth to the mixture prepared in step 1 and mix well.
3. Add a few drops of rosewater to obtain even consistency.
4. Apply on the face and neck and leave to dry for 15 minutes.
5. Wipe using cotton dipped in ice cold water.
4. Sandalwood And Orange Face Pack
The orange powder has antioxidant propertiesi XAnything carrying antioxidants that help avoid or delay cell damage caused by the process of oxidation. and helps protect your skin against UV damage (4). It helps improve your skin health and can lighten pigmentation (5). Combining it with sandalwood makes the skin glow.
- 1 teaspoon orange peel powder
- 1 teaspoon sandalwood powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon rosewater
How To Prepare and Apply Sandalwood And Orange Face Pack?
1. Mix the orange peel and sandalwood powder.
2. Add rosewater to the dry mixture till you see a paste-like consistency.
3. Apply to the face and neck.
4. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Wash off with water.
Sandalwood Face Packs For Wrinkles
Sandalwood contains properties that help to repair damaged cells, making your skin appear brighter and younger (6).
5. Sandalwood, Lemon, And Fuller’s Earth Face Pack
- 2 teaspoons of fuller’s earth (multani mitti)
- 2 teaspoons of sandalwood powder
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of rose water
How To Prepare and Apply Sandalwood, Lemon, And Fuller’s Earth Face Pack?
1. Mix the sandalwood powder and fuller’s earth.
2. Add lemon juice and rose water to the dry mixture. Mix well to form a paste.
3. Apply it evenly on the face and neck.
4. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and wash off with water.
Sandalwood Face Packs For Acne Prone Skin
It’s a misconception that only oily skin is prone to acne. Dry skin can have breakouts too! This sandalwood face pack for acne can be the ultimate savior for people with acne and pimples.
6. Sandalwood, Turmeric, And Camphor Face Pack
This works wonders for acne and acne-prone skin. It not only fights active acne, but also works to prevent future acne and blackheads.
- 1 teaspoon sandalwood powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Camphor powder
How To Prepare and Apply Sandalwood, Turmeric, And Camphor Face Pack?
1. Combine the sandalwood, turmeric, and a pinch of camphor powder.
2. To the dry ingredients, add in the required amount of water to form a paste.
3. Apply on the face and neck and leave on for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Wash off with cold water.
7. Sandalwood And Honey Face Pack
Use this face pack once a day. Honey contains antibacterial properties. Combined with sandalwood and rosewater, this helps reduce oil, clear blemishes, and provide radiance (7).
- 3/4 teaspoon sandalwood powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered rose petals (or rose water if the powder isn’t available)
How To Prepare and Apply Sandalwood And Honey Face Pack?
1. Mix the powdered rose petals (or sufficient drops of rosewater) with sandalwood powder.
2. Add a few drops of honey to the mixture from step 1 and mix to make a paste.
3. Apply the pack on the face and neck. Leave to dry for 20 minutes.
4. Cleanse with water.
Sandalwood Face Packs For Dull Skin
I am pretty sure all of us want skin free from pollutants.i XHarmful substances that contaminate the skin and the body which can adversely affect the wellbeing of those affected. No one wants dull skin, right? Sandalwood is the answer to your wish of having bright and glowing skin. Sandalwood works as a brightening agent and gives you fresh looking skin.
8. Sandalwood, Gram Flour, And Turmeric Face Pack
Use this face pack daily to reveal brighter skin. The other benefits you can notice with regular use of this sandalwood face pack are reduced wrinkles and spots, and even skin tone.
- 1/2 teaspoon of sandalwood powder (for people with oily skin) or 8 to 10 drops of sandalwood oil (for people with dry or sensitive skin)
- 2 teaspoons of gram flour
- A pinch of turmeric
How To Prepare and Apply Sandalwood, Gram Flour, And Turmeric Face Pack?
1. Take 1/2 teaspoon of sandalwood powder/ 8 to 10 drops of sandalwood oil and mix it with 2 teaspoons of gram flour.
2. Add a few drops of rose water and a pinch of turmeric and mix well.
3. Apply on the face and neck and leave to dry for 30 minutes.
4. Cleanse using fresh water.
9. Sandalwood, Curd, And Honey Face Pack
This is a great pack for exfoliating, as sandalwood works excellently to remove impurities and flaky skin caused by the sun’s harmful rays. Curd acts as a cooling agenti XA substance that has a cooling effect on the skin. It helps soothe and calm irritated and inflamed skin. and keeps your skin soft (8).
- 1 tablespoon sandalwood
- 1 teaspoon sour curd
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
How To Prepare and Apply Sandalwood, Curd, And Honey Face Pack?
1. Combine the sandalwood and curd to form a paste.
2. Add in the honey and mix well.
3. Apply the pack on the face and neck.
4. Leave it on for about half an hour to one hour.
5. Cleanse with fresh water.
Sandalwood Face Packs For Blemishes
This pack helps lighten blemishes and evens out the skin tone. It also helps in removing prickly heat quickly, which can usually occur due to excessive sweating.
10. Sandalwood And Rosewater Face Pack
This is one of the easiest packs to use with sandalwood being the highlight ingredient. Sandalwood by itself can do wonders for the skin.
- 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder
How To Prepare and Apply Sandalwood And Rosewater Face Pack?
1. Add the rose water as needed to the sandalwood powder.
2. Create a paste and apply to the face and neck.
3. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Wash it off with water.
Click the following image for an infographic on Chandan face packs for different skin types.
Sandalwood face packs offer an array of benefits for the skin. Sandalwood helps soothe dry skin, reduce oiliness, minimize the appearance of wrinkles, manage blemishes, helps treat acne, and combat dull skin. You can mix sandalwood with milk, coconut oil, almond oil, tomato juice, Fuller’s earth, oranges, lemon, turmeric, gram flour, curd, camphor, rosewater, and honey to prepare these face packs. These face packs address various skin issues, and you can apply them once or twice a week. Try including these face packs in your skin care regimen to reap the wonderful benefits sandalwood offers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is sandalwood good for skin brightening?
Yes. Sandalwood can help lighten pigmentation caused by the sun to reveal bright and radiant skin.
Is sandalwood good for your face?
Yes. Sandalwood can help improve skin tone, nourish the skin, and improve skin elasticity.
Can I apply sandalwood overnight?
Yes. It is safe to leave sandalwood on your face overnight.
- You can use various ingredients to prepare a sandalwood face pack to suit your skin type.
- A simple face pack of sandalwood mixed in rose water can give you clear, blemish-free skin.
- You can prepare a dry skin face pack by mixing moisturizing ingredients, such as milk, oil, and rose water. For oily skin, tomato juice, orange peel, and fuller’s earth control oil secretion.
- Sandalwood has anti-tanning properties, which can brighten and freshen the skin. Face packs made by mixing sandalwood with turmeric, curd, or honey accentuate its benefits.
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. Read our editorial policy to learn more.
- In vitro anti-inflammatory and skin protective properties of Virgin coconut oil
- Anti-Inflammatory and Skin Barrier Repair Effects of Topical Application of Some Plant Oils
- Tomato paste rich in lycopene protects against cutaneous photodamage in humans in vivo: a randomized controlled trial
- Orange peel extract containing high levels of polymethoxyflavonoid suppressed UVB-induced COX-2 expression and PGE2 production in HaCaT cells through PPAR-γ activation
- Protective effect of red orange extract supplementation against UV-induced skin damages: photoaging and solar lentigines
- SANDALWOOD OIL CAN BE A MIRACULOUS TACKLE ON SKIN AGING SKIN APPEARANCE AND WRINKLE SKIN – A REVIEW
- Burn Wound Healing Potential of Honey Sandal Wood Calendula and Cooling with Tap Water-A Comparative Study on Wistar Rats
- Clinical efficacy of facial masks containing yoghurt and Opuntia humifusa Raf. (F-YOP)
- Honey in dermatology and skin care: a review
- Medicinal and cosmetic uses of Bee’s Honey – A review
- Pharmacological Effects of Rosa Damascena