In a world dominated by early birds, you make a wish every night – to be able to wake up early the next morning. But no matter how much some of us try, it is next to impossible, and getting out of bed is an eternal struggle. Are you among those late risers who just can’t seem to get up early despite trying every trick in the book? Then, you are in luck because we have some hacks up our sleeve that might help. This article provides some of the best tips to help you wake up early every day. Keep reading!
Tips To Help You Wake Up Early
- Avoid Eating Before Bedtime
- Go To Bed Early
- Sleep With The Curtains Slightly Open
- Prepare Yourself Mentally
- Get Excited About The Upcoming Day
- Keep Your Alarm Across The Room
- Wake Up At The Same Time Every Day
- Avoid Intake Of Caffeine Late In The Day
- Switch Off All Electronic Devices An Hour Before Bedtime
- Wake Up A Few Minutes Earlier Every Day
Best Ways To Wake Up Early In The Morning
1. Avoid Eating Before Bedtime
Though it is tempting, avoid snacking before your bedtime as it not only impairs your sleep but also leads to weight gain as the food is stored instead of being burnt off. Also, when you eat before bedtime, your digestive system ends up processing the food when it should actually be relaxing, leading to bloating and a feeling of heaviness.
2. Go To Bed Early
We have grown up listening to our parents tell us to go early to bed to rise early for school. And this is indeed true. You can wake up earlier than usual if you go to bed at a reasonable time as it makes sure that your body is getting enough time to rest and recuperate.
3. Sleep With The Curtains Slightly Open
Sleeping with the curtains slightly open helps you wake up naturally the next morning when the sun’s rays hit your face. This is one of the most pleasant ways to wake up without having to set the alarm. However, if you aim to wake up even before the sun rises, say 6 or 7 a.m., you may try the following tips.
4. Prepare Yourself Mentally
Listen to audio clips or watch videos that highlight the importance of rising early in the morning. This can indirectly prepare you to wake up early.
5. Get Excited About The Upcoming Day
Be it your morning workout session, a delicious breakfast, or any upcoming event – get excited about something you are really looking forward to. This excitement will undoubtedly trigger you to wake up earlier than usual.
6. Keep Your Alarm Across The Room
This is an age-old trick, but many people vouch for its efficacy in helping you wake up early. An alarm disrupts your sleep, and all you want to do is stop it as soon as it goes off. Keeping it away from the bed will make you get up and stride across the room to turn it off. And if you are sharing your room with your better half, switching the alarm off becomes even more important as you don’t want to disturb their sleep nor face their morning crankiness.
7. Wake Up At The Same Time Every Day
Waking up at the same time every day can make your brain accustomed to a particular sleeping pattern. After a certain period, you will notice that you are waking up at the same time even before your alarm goes off as you have been subconsciously training your brain to do so.
8. Avoid Intake Of Caffeine Late In The Day
As you are already aware, the intake of caffeine late in the day can disrupt your sleep. Hence, you must avoid consuming any caffeine-based drinks at least 6 to 7 hours before bedtime. This not only helps you get a good night’s sleep but also increases your chances of waking up early.
9. Switch Off All Electronic Devices An Hour Before Bedtime
The blue light emitted by the screens of mobiles, laptops, and televisions is detrimental to your health and messes up your sleep cycle. It wrongly tricks the brain into thinking that it’s daytime, even though it’s not, and stimulates it into releasing cortisol (the stress hormone), which can prevent you from sleeping. So, switch off all electronic devices an hour before you go to sleep. Read a book or listen to music to relax and drift off to sleep.
10. Wake Up A Few Minutes Earlier Every Day
One of the best and easiest tricks is to try and wake up a few minutes earlier every day. If you usually wake up at 7 a.m. but want to wake up at 5.30 a.m., it cannot happen overnight. Set your alarm 5 minutes earlier every day until you reach your target wake up time.
Remember, you cannot radically transform your lifestyle overnight. It is important to make these tips a part of your daily routine and follow them consistently to notice changes in your sleeping pattern. And once they become habits, you will automatically hop out of bed as soon as the sun rises or the birds chirp. Which of the above tricks worked out for you? Share with us in the comments section below.
- Morning Skincare Routine – That Every Girl Should Follow
- Getting Up Early In The Morning Is Not A Hassle Anymore! These Ayurvedic Tips Can Help You
- 25 Amazing Health Benefits Of A Morning Walk
Latest posts by Shaheen Naser (see all)
- Phlebitis – Symptoms, Causes, And Natural Treatment Options - July 11, 2018
- Hand Tremors – Symptoms, Causes, And Natural Treatments - July 10, 2018
- Electrolyte Imbalances: Causes, Symptoms, And Diet Tips - July 6, 2018
- How To Get Rid Of Water Bugs - July 5, 2018
- Blood Clots During Period – Causes And Natural Treatment - July 5, 2018