Be it winter or summer, tanning has always been a nagging skin problem. In winters, you have the option of hiding it by wearing full sleeves; but in summers, there is no other option but to get rid of it!
On that note, this post talks about the simple and effective home remedies for removing tan from hands. To know more, keep reading!
Tanning – A Brief
Tanning is usually caused when the skin is overexposed to sunlight (owing to the harmful UVA and UVB rays) and also when you forget to apply sunscreen. Moreover, some of us tend to get tanned or a sunburn faster than others. This darkened skin can be quite embarrassing, especially when you sport dual skin tones. But don’t worry, there are many home remedies for tan removal that can effectively take care of your patchy hands.
Home Remedies To Remove Tan From Hands:
Here are a few home remedies to remove tan from your hands and legs.
Take chilled yogurt in a bowl and add a pinch of turmeric (haldi) to it. Mix it properly. Apply this paste daily on your hands, face and neck and keep it on for about 20 minutes. Rinse it off while taking a bath. You can wash it off earlier during winters as it may make your skin feel stretched when it dries up.
[ Read: Dark Neck Remedies ]
Take a cucumber and cut it into two halves. Now grate the half cucumber and keep it in a bowl. To this, add 2 tbsp milk or milk powder and a few drops of lemon juice. Mix well. Apply and keep it on till it dries. Wash it off with normal water. Apply this weekly for best results.
Cut a tomato into two halves. Rub the inner side of the tomato on the skin of your hands in such a way that the seeds and juice come in contact with your skin. This will help you to get rid of the tanned skin.
Almonds are also very good at removing tan. Take 5 to 10 fresh green almonds and grind them. Mix this paste with 5 drops of sandalwood oil. Apply this paste on the affected areas. If green almonds aren’t available, buy the ones generally available in the market and soak them overnight. Grind them the next morning and follow the same procedure you followed for the green almonds.
Take the pulp of a mashed papaya. Rub it on the tanned area. This will take care of the tan.
Turmeric is a natural skin care product that is capable of curing almost all common skin problems. Take turmeric and mix it with lemon juice. Stir well. Now add 1 tbsp of raw milk to it. Apply this on your hands and keep it on till it dries up. Thereafter, wash it off with cold water.
Cut a raw potato into two halves and rub its moist, exposed flesh on the affected areas. Let it dry, and then rinse off. Do this daily to see results.
Tap the benefits of the good old Aloe Vera. It is a great natural healer. It helps to relieve sunburn and fades tan. You can apply the sap from a broken leaf directly on your skin. Apply this liberally and use it regularly to see results.
A lot of brands are selling pure Aloe Vera gel in packaged form these days. You can buy a tub for yourself and keep it handy. You can also mix a little rose water with the gel before applying it on your skin.
This is one of the most popular remedies for removing tan. Just take 4-5 tablespoons of lemon juice and apply it directly on your hands. Wait for around 15 minutes and wash it off with cold water. Lemon juice contains citric acid, which effectively lightens the skin and makes the tan fade away. However, this treatment can be a bit drying for your skin, so don’t forget to moisturize afterwards.
Just follow any of these simple home remedies for removing tan from your hands. But it is also very important to take care of your skin so that you prevent further skin damage.
Important And Basic Tips To Prevent Sun Tan:
- Cover your hands properly before stepping out in the sun to avoid direct impact.
- If you can’t cover them, apply a good sunscreen to keep the skin protected. Apply a sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30 and make sure that you lather it on at least half an hour before sun exposure. If you skip sunscreen because you sweat a lot, look for a ‘non-comedogenic’ one as this will not clog your pores.
- Drink lots of water. This helps to keep your skin hydrated and reduces the risk of the skin drying out. It also increases the cell turnover and lets your skin rejuvenate and renew itself.
- Moisturize your hands – that is, hydrate your skin externally as well by applying a moisturizer that contains natural fruit acids on a regular basis. This will aid tan removal.
- Exfoliation is really helpful in removing tan. It gets rid of the dead skin and makes the fresh skin beneath visible. Hence, you should incorporate this in your weekly skin care routine.
[ Read: How To Remove Black Spots From Hands ]
- Just use a good body scrub and a loofah to exfoliate your skin using gentle circular motions while you are in the shower. Pick up a good drugstore body scrub. The Body Shop has many varieties available.
- You can also make your own exfoliator at home using natural ingredients from your kitchen shelf. To make it, mix olive oil, 1 cup of crushed brown sugar and some freshly squeezed lime juice, and blend the mixture. Your exfoliator is ready!
Do let us know which one of these home remedies to remove tan from hands worked best for you! Till then, stay stylish!
- Homemade Beauty Tips for Tanned Skin
- How To Get Rid Of Tan?
- Best Tan Removal Creams Available In India
- 2 Simple Homemade Face Packs For Tanned Skin
- 7 Simple Ways To Remove A Fake Tan?