Dandruff is one of the most common hair problems faced by men and women alike. The white flakes can be annoying and embarrassing and they only show themselves at the most inappropriate of times! What’s more? They also cause acne and mess with our skin too.
What Causes Dandruff?
So what is dandruff? Dandruff is caused when a fungus (like yeast) called malassezia grows on your scalp. This results in shedding of the scalp skin. There are two types of dandruff. One occurs due to the dryness of the scalp, while the other occurs due to the production of excessive oil on the scalp. Some of the known causes of dandruff areI
- Improper and irregular brushing of the hair
- Infrequent shampooing
- Improper diet
- Stress and certain illnesses like Parkinson’s disease, eczema and seborrheic dermatitis
There are many simple ways to get rid of dandruff. Many products are available in the market to treat dandruff. But all are not really effective and satisfactory to help keep the scalp clean. Some might or might not help, some might suit a particular scalp, while others might not be of the right quality or may be highly priced.
So let us take a look at a few of these home remedies for dandruff free hair, which will help you get rid of an itchy scalp and irritation.
Watch a Home Remedies Videos from our YouTube Channel – StyleCrazeTv
Tips for Dandruff Free Hair:
Here are the various essential oils and home remedies you can use to get rid of dandruff:
1. Olive Oil:
Out of the multitude uses that olive oil has, its use in curing dandruff is the most widely popularised. Consistent use of olive oil is known to reduce dandruff. This is because olive oil is an excellent moisturizer and contains natural clarifying properties.
- Massage your scalp with olive oil regularly and see the dandruff go away for good.
- Make sure to leave the oil overnight for desired results.
- Ensure that the time of application and the time of washing does not exceed 10 hours.
- Also, remember to sleep on an old pillowcase to absorb the oil or wrap your head in a cotton cap before sleeping.
2. Castor and Olive Oil:
Another excellent remedy for dandruff, a dry and itchy scalp condition is castor oil.With its antifungal and antibacterial properties, castor oil can effectively treat scalp infections. It is loaded with essential nutrients such as amino acids, omega-6 fatty acids and Vitamin E. It moisturizes dry, flaky and itchy skin and helps to eliminate dandruff.
When combined with olive oil, you can only guess its potency.
- A mix of castor and olive oil can be slightly warmed up and massaged on the head.
- Wrap a warm towel over the head for about 10-15 minutes.
- Then wash it off with a good quality shampoo. This helps you clear the scalp.
[ Read: Home Remedies For Oily & Greasy Hair ]
Latest posts by Namita (see all)
- Brown Hair Color Guide – Everything You Need To Know - January 31, 2015
- Can Eating Tomatoes Help You Lose Weight? - January 28, 2015
- How To Use Tea Tree Oil To Get Rid Of Lice? - January 19, 2015
- How Many Litres Of Water Should You Drink Daily To Lose Weight? - January 14, 2015