Are you looking for an easy weight loss option? Here’s what you can do! Now, yoga helps you in losing weight naturally and easily. Practicing yoga on a daily basis helps you to stay fit and healthy, and even helps people in losing or gaining weight. Yoga definitely helps those who practice it regularly. Power yoga is a healthy and effective weight loss option. Yoga can be an effective option for weight loss as it does not have any side effects. It is a slow process and has a long lasting effect.
Hot yoga is generally practiced in a heated room which has a temperature of 100-110 degrees Fahrenheit and around 60% humidity. Hot yoga for rapid weight loss is another good option. It is also the best option for those who want to improve their body posture. Following are the yoga postures for weight loss which one can practice easily at home:
Yoga Asanas for Weight Loss
1. Awkward Pose:
[ Read: Yoga asanas ]
2. Eagle Pose:This weight loss yoga pose is also known as Garudasana. Stand in Tadasana pose. Bend your knees, lift up your left leg, bend it a little and then try to wrap it around your right leg. Do the same trick with your hands too. Place your hands in front of your face; lift up your left hand, bend it a little and then try to wrap it around your right hand. Remain steady for 30 seconds and then release.
[ Read: Yoga Asanas To Reduce Belly Fat ]
3. Standing Head To Knee Pose:
This pose is also known as Dandanamaya Janushirasana. Stand on the floor in Tadasana pose. Lift up your right leg in front of your body. It should be at a 90 degree angle with the floor. Do not bend your legs from your knees. Hold the sole of your right foot with your hands and bend your body forwards to touch your forehead to your knees. Repeat the same activity with your left leg as well.
4. Dhanursana:This is also known as the bow pose. Lie down on the floor on your belly with your belly touching the ground. Lift your legs upward in the backward direction. At the same time, stretch your chest and look in the upward direction. Try to hold your feet with your hands and stretch your spine as much as you can.
[ Read: Yoga Poses That Can Protect Your Hair ]
This yoga asana is also known as the wind releasing pose. Lie down on the floor on your back. Keep your legs straight. Lift up your left leg in a 90 degree angle in the upward direction. Stretch it, fold it from the knee and bring it close to your body in such a manner that the leg is pressed firmly onto your stomach. Lift up your head off the floor and try to touch your chin to your left knee. Try the same activity with the right leg too. One can even do the same activity with both legs at the same time.
Benefits of Hot Yoga:
Hot yoga is often considered as a blessing for those who wish to lose weight in a natural way. Benefits of Hot Yoga include:
1. Increases flexibility
2. Increases body strength
3. Improves breathing
4. Keeps you away from asthma and related illnesses
5. Calms the mind, body and soul
Do try practicing Hot Yoga asanas and techniques, and see the wonderful difference it leaves behind on your mind, body and soul! Happy practicing! If you have any queries or feedback regarding yoga poses for weight loss, comment below.
Latest posts by amruta (see all)
- Top 5 Yoga Asanas For A Healthy Heart - March 24, 2014
- Top 15 Yoga Videos From YouTube - March 5, 2014
- Iyengar Yoga – What Is It And How To Practice It? - February 28, 2014
- Top 5 yoga Asanas To Do In Bed - December 20, 2013
- Art Of Living Yoga – What Is It And What Are Its Benefits? - December 3, 2013