Picture perfect flawless skin is what every woman desires. Nowadays whether you are a student, housewife or a working professional, it is very important to have good skin. This is the first thing people notice about you and it definitely creates a very good impression on the others. Every woman is born with beautiful skin and it is upto us to take care of it properly.
Stressful lifestyle, hectic work schedule, inadequate sleep, lack of nutritional diet, pollution, harmful sun rays (UVA/UVB), excessive smoking and drinking alcohol are the major factors which lead to a dull and dry skin. All of these are part and parcel of our life and we cannot run away from them, but can surely prevent them as “prevention is always better than cure”.
In this article, I will be breaking down the Home remedies on how to keep skin glowing into 3 sections:
- Daily Matras/Habits
- Face Packs and Scrubs
So sit back, relax and read on to discover the road to achieve that picture perfect skin. Here are the 10 Mantras on how to keep skin healthy and glowing.
Home Remedies For Glowing Skin
- A proper cleansing routine helps to get rid of pollution which gets settled on the skin during the day.
- Always use a cleanser/ facewash suitable for your skin type instead of soap.
- Soap contains harsh chemicals like sodium carbonate which makes your skin dry by stripping off the moisture from your skin.
- Exfoliation is an essential step in having a clear complexion.
- A good scrub will remove the top layer of dead skin cells, encouraging the production of new, healthy cells.
- It also improves blood circulation, lightens the skin making it soft, smooth and youthful.
3. Protect your skin:
- Always use a good sunscreen with SPF 30 (sun protection factor) whenever you step outdoors.
- Not only in summers, it’s important that you use a sunscreen in winters too.
- A good sunscreen protects your skin from the harmful UVA and UVB rays.
4. Pay attention to certain special areas:
After the age of 30, It is necessary that you should pay attention to certain special areas like the neck, eyes and hands which show early signs of ageing. The skin around the neck and hands becomes loose gradually and we can observe dark circles and puffiness under the eyes. These are the initial signs of skin ageing.
- To reduce the dark circles and puffiness under the eyes, you can use juice of a raw potato or cucumber. You can keep slices of them over your eyes. Boiled tea bags can also be kept over the eyes. It helps in skin lightening, reducing wrinkles, tan, blemishes and dark spots.
- To tighten the loose skin near the neck and hands, massage twice a day with an almond or cocoa massage cream. This will also keep your skin soft and supple. You can also use baby oil or olive oil for massage.
5. Whatever you eat always reflects on your skin and body:
- Keep a proper check on what you eat.
- You should strictly avoid junk, processes and deeply fried food as it leads to several skin problems like pimples, acne, blackheads, pre mature ageing, breakouts etc.
- Adopt a balanced diet which should include lots of fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, cereals and nuts. This would give a healthy, youthful and a glowing skin.
- It is very important that you drink 10-12 glasses of water daily, as it helps to flush out the toxins out of your system.
Latest posts by Ankita Biswas (see all)
- 6 Turmeric Face Packs For Different Skin Types - January 21, 2014
- Best Leave-in Conditioners – Our Top 10 Picks - December 3, 2013
- 6 Types Of Meditation Techniques And Their Benefits - November 26, 2013
- Top 10 Meditation Videos For Reference - November 13, 2013