Top 11 Beauty Tips For Dark Circles
Dark circles also known as “racoon eyes” and are one of the most common skin problems amongst all age groups. In present day, lifestyle for the adults, youngster and teens has become quite stressful. Hectic work, school and college schedule, inadequate sleep, lack of nutritional diet, excessive smoking and drinking alcohol are the major factors of dark circles. Some of them also inherit the problem of dark circles. Whatever the reason may be, dark circles make you look tired, aged and sick. They also hide away the beautiful eyes making them look dull.
Nowadays there are various creams and gels available in the market which helps in reducing the puffiness and dark patches under your eyes. Many clinical procedures also claim to reduce the dark patches instantly, but many skin experts have always recommended home remedies for dark circles.
Home Remedies For Dark Circles
Read further to know 11 tips on how to remove dark circles naturally and reduce the puffiness under eyes.
Cucumber is an ancient and widely known home remedy for dark circles. Even the professional clinics and spa use cucumber to provide an instant cooling effect. It works as an astringent and lighten the dark areas under the eyes. It also increases the blood flow and reduces the puffiness.
- Grate a small sized cucumber and extract the juice.
- Dip cotton balls into the juice and apply it under the eyes.
- Do not rinse it off as the juice would be absorbed by the skin after some time.
- You can also keep thin slices of cucumber over your eyes.
2. Raw potato:
Potato is known to reduce dark spots, blemishes, tan and pigmentation. It also reduces the puffiness under the eyes.
- Grate and extract the juice of a raw potato.
- Soak the cotton balls into it and apply it under your eyes.
- You can also keep thin slices of potato over your eyes.
3. Potato and Cucumber:
Here is something that you can try by mixing the goodness of both potatos and cucumbers.
What you will need for this:
- One Potato
- One Cucumber
- Little Coconut Oil/Almond Oil
How to Prepare:
- Peel the potato and cucumber and grate them separately.
- Take equal quantities of both and mix well.
How to use this?
- Apply on the area around the eyes and leave on for 20-25 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Take a little coconut oil on the tips of your fingers and massage on the dark circles in circular motion, first clockwise and then anticlockwise.
- Leave this on overnight.
Benefits of this DIY recipe:
- Potato, a good bleaching agent is useful for skin that has turned dark or pigmented.
- Cucumber is a cooling agent and improves the appearance of the under-eye area.
- Coconut oil keeps the delicate area around the eyes naturally moisturized and eliminates dark circles, wrinkles and blemishes.
Frequency of Application:
Do this every day for a minimum of 2 weeks to start noticing a difference. Once you achieve the desired results, you can apply this every alternate day.
[ Read: Causes of Dark Circles Under Eyes ]
Tomatoes contain “lycopene” which is an anti oxidant and hence help for skin lightening. It also keeps wrinkles away.
- Make a paste of a small tomato.
- To this add ½ teaspoon of lemon juice and mix well.
- Apply this under your eyes and keep for 15 minutes.
5. Rose water:
Rose water is an important ingredient in most of the face packs. It has anti inflammatory properties which help in reducing the puffiness under the eyes.
- Dip cotton balls in pure rose water.
- Apply it under your eyes for a cooling and refreshing effect. It immediately reduces the puffiness under the eyes.
6. Fenugreek seeds:
It contains high amount of vitamin C, potassium and protein which help in lightening the dark patches under the eyes.
- Soak 2 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds (methi seeds) in water and keep it for 3 hours.
- Grind the seeds to form a smooth paste.
- To this add a pinch of turmeric.
- Then add 1 teaspoon of raw milk and mix well.
- Apply this under your eyes and keep for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water.
7. Orange lentils ( masoor):
- Soak 3 teaspoon of masoor dal overnight.
- Make a smooth paste of it the next day.
- Add 1 teaspoon of tomato paste and lemon juice.
- Then add a pinch of turmeric and mix well.
- Apply this under your eye and let it dry.
- Wash it off with cool water.
8. Ice pack:
This is an instant eye pack for reducing the puffiness and provides a relaxing effect.
- Take 2-3 ice cubes and wrap in into a soft cloth.
- Keep it over your eyes till the ice melts off completely.
9. Mint leaves:
- Crush a few mint leaves in a pestle and mortar.
- Apply these leaves under your eyes and keep for 20 minutes.
10. Green tea bags:
Green tea is rich in anti oxidants and tannins. It also helps in skin lightening and reducing wrinkles.
- Boil the tea bags in half a cup of water.
- Then keep these tea bags over your eyes for about 15 minutes to get instant relief.
- You can also dip cotton balls in boiled tea leaves and apply under your eyes.
11. Healthy routine:
- Drink at least 10 glasses of water daily.
- Include green leafy vegetables especially which contains vitamin K like Sprouts, broccoli, cabbage etc.
- Most importantly sleep for at least 8 hours a day.
As you know:
Natural Remedy = Patience
Do not expect instantaneous results but be assured that results will show up with regular usage.
These healthy and effective tips will surely keep the dark circles away. So which one of these dark circles home remedy are you trying?
Till then take care and keep it stylish!!!!!
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)