Neem leaves have been used since ages for maintaining a healthy skin. For people suffering with regular skin problems like itchy skin, rashes, allergy and inflammation, neem is one of the best home remedies.
Neem is known for its antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. It is highly beneficial for oily and acne prone skin. Many face washes and creams meant for oily and acne prone skin contain neem as an active ingredient.
Neem Face Packs And Masks:
The following neem face packs benefits for all types of skin. Know what face pack you can try for your type of skin for a clear glowing skin.
1. Neem acne and blemish clearing face pack:
- Take about 2 teaspoons of the dried neem leaves and crush them gently to obtain the fine powder.
- To this, add 2 teaspoons of pure rose water and mix well. Then add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and slowly mix to obtain a smooth paste. Lemon juice is known to lighten skin and reduce blemish marks on the skin. It also contains citric acid which is quite effective for treating acne and pimples.
- Rose water also has antibacterial and antiseptic properties which eventually cure acne.
- Apply this paste all over your face and gently scrub in circular movements. Keep for 15 minutes and rinse off with cool water.
- Use this face pack regularly once a day, to reduce the appearance of acne and reveal blemish free face.
[ Read: Uses of Neem Leaves ]
2. Neem face pack for clear skin:
- In a bowl, take 2 teaspoons of dried neem powder. In this, add 1 teaspoon of gram’s flour (besan). It revives dull skin, reduces acne and pimples, adds glow to the face and acts as one of the best cleansing agents.
- Finally add a teaspoon of yoghurt and mix well to form a smooth paste. Apply this pack all over the face and keep for 20 minutes.
- After the pack dries off, rinse with cool water. Repeat this procedure at least twice a week for clear and smooth skin.
[ Read: Homemade Face Washes For All Skin Types ]
3. Neem face mask for glowing skin:
- Take a handful of neem leaves and tulsi leaves and keep them under direct sunlight for a day. This would draw out the entire moisture from the leaves thus making them completely dry. Crush the leaves gently to obtain fine powder.
- Tulsi is known to reduce the appearance of dark spots and blemishes, reduce acne and makes skin health and glowing.
- Finally add a teaspoon of honey and mix to form a paste. People with oily skin can add a teaspoon of sandalwood powder or multani mitti, which helps to soak the excess oil on the face.
- Apply this neem pack for face all over and keep for 10-15 minutes and scrub gently in circular motions. Rinse off with cool water after the pack dries.
[ Read: Herbal Face Pack ]
4. Neem face pack for oily skin:
- Take 2 teaspoons of the dried neem leaves and add a teaspoon of yoghurt to it. We know that yogurt softens and moisturises the skin. It is also known for its bleaching and oil controlling properties. It absorbs the excess sebum produced and reduces the skin blemishes, making it ideal for oily skin beauties.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of pure rose water and mix well to form a paste. Apply and keep for 15 minutes. Rinse off with cool water after the pack dries.
[ Read: People with oily skin ]
5. Neem face pack for dry skin:
- Crush 2 teaspoons of dried neem leaves and add a teaspoon of whipped cream to it. It adds glow to dry and dull skin and helps to hydrate and moisturise the skin.
- Finally add half a teaspoon of turmeric powder and mix well. Turmeric is known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties. It protects the skin from many skin infections and also adds glow to the face.
- Apply the face pack and keep it on for 10 minutes. Rinse off with cool water and follow up with a cream based moisturiser to hydrate the skin.
Try these neem face packs to reveal clear and glowing skin throughout the year.
Latest posts by Ankita Biswas (see all)
- Best Leave-in Conditioners – Our Top 10 Picks - December 3, 2013
- 6 Types Of Meditation Techniques And Their Benefits - November 26, 2013
- Top 10 Meditation Videos For Reference - November 13, 2013
- Top 5 Dove Face Washes Available In India - October 25, 2013
- Best Ayurvedic Shampoos – Our Top 10 - October 8, 2013