7 Simple Home Remedies To Control Hair Fall
Hair fall is no longer a condition barred by age! 15 or 50, when most of us walk out of the shower, the drain gets clogged with hair and when we brush, we lose huge chunks and we don’t know what to do about it. Hair fall was in the earlier days attributed as a sign of aging and was a cause for a great deal of embarrasment. But today, we no longer count by age but rather count by so very many other reasons. No matter what the cause, the embarrassment associated does not reduce even by a fraction.
We hunt for a solution with great intensity. And here are they, a few simple techniques you can implement at home to reduce and control hair loss. But if you suffer from intensive hair fall, the best solution would be to consult a dermatologist before the damage becomes permanent!
Before we step into the solutions, lets take a peek at what might be causing your hair fall.
- lack of proper nutrition
- hormonal changes
- split ends
- prolonged illness
- medication like steroids
- Be gentle with wet hair. Avoid rubbing your hair dry and also avoid combing through wet hair. Your hair is more susceptible to breakage when wet and the result will a a clump in your brush and stray strands at your feet.
- Massage your scalp region as frequently as you can. This stimulates flow of the blow of your head which in turn promotes the growth of hair and better health.
- Don’t always opt for styles that require you to tie your hair up tight. As sleek and fashionable as this may look, it puts a great deal of pressure on the hair which adds to the breakage and hair fall.
- Hair styling is essential when you step out. You need to look good at all times in today’s world. But it is necessary that you submit your hair to as less of heat treatment as you can! The heat tends to dry the shaft out making it dry and frizzy which over a period of causes the hair to brittle. The ultimate result will be hair fall.
- Do not wash hair with hot water for the very same reason, always use cold water or water at room temperature. Dry and frizzy hair when you walk out of the shower is the indication that the water was too hot for your hair.
- All said and done, jut these simple precautions are not going to cut the line. It will always hold true that only when you are healthy inside will your hair be healthy too. Your hair is made up of proteins and is a alive at the roots. And like any other living it also requires nutrients to remain healthy and grow. There are a few things that you can add to your diet to ensure that you intake sufficient quantities of these nutrients. First and foremost will be proteins of course. They are the building the building blocks of the hair shaft after all. The next in the list will be vitamins. The vitamins that are essential for the hair are Vitamin A, B complex, C, and E. Each of these perform a significant role. Vitamin B complex is most popularly known for its importance in the hair growth and hair fall control. Vitamin C prevents premature graying. Last but not the least, Iron. Deficiency of iron can be a source of severe hair fall. Which why women suffering from anemia exhibit a great amount of hair fall.
- Work out. Yeah you read that right work out, Exercise increases the blood flow through the body and that helps in stimulation of the scalp.
- If you already have dry hair, then rethink your coffee habit and evaluate your caffeine consumption. caffeine further depletes the body of its natural resources of nutrients. And the nutrients required for hair are not spared either! So cut back on the coffee and move on something more healthy and that which promotes good health.
- Drink a lot of water and stay hydrated.
- Keep the scalp clean and as far as possible away from chemicals. Use a shampoo that is mild.
- Trim your hair regularly to avoid the troubles of split ends.
Hair Fall Tips: How To Prevent And Control
1. Coconut Milk:
Coconut milk is among the richest sources of tissue-nourishing, plant derivatives. Grind the grated coconut and squeeze it to remove its juice. Massaging coconut milk (juice) on the scalp can also help in the management of hair fall.
Aloe Vera juice is very effective to stop hair loss. Pure aloe gel can be applied directly to the scalp. This is helpful for preventing hair loss due to irritated, dry or infected scalp. Aloe Vera balances the pH level of scalp. After massaging the head with aloe gel, wait for few hours and then wash the hair with lukewarm water. You should do this twice a week for best results.
3. Oil Massage:
Regular massaging the scalp for a few minutes every day with lukewarm oil will lead to stimulation of blood flow to the scalp. Coconut oil helps in controlling hail fall. Other recommended oils are: Jojoba oil, almond oil, mustard oil, lavender oil. Jojoba oil is especially good because it replaces the sebum in the scalp. It also helps to
4. Neem Treatment:
Neem is one of the most sort after herbs on the country! It has many benefits, both health and beauty. And when it comes to beauty, it has some very effective hair benefits too.
How to use:
- Boil neem leaves in water until the water level falls to half its initial quantity and then cool it.
- Rinse out your hair with the mixture once a week.
Boil dried amla in coconut oil till the oil turns black in color. Massage your scalp with this oil. This is an effective and very easy home remedy to check hair loss.
There are also other ways where we can include amla in our hair care routine.
- Use amla and shikakai powder than you can buy in ayurvedic stores. Mix them both and make a paste. Apply this to your hair. Leave it on for a few minutes and wash off after a few minutes.
- The most effective method, however is to drink amla and shikakai juice. Yes, it tastes terrible but if skip the preference of the taste buds once a day, the results will definitely be worth it.
[ Read: How To Prevent White Hair ]
6. Hair fall preventive packs:
- Pack 1: Aloe Vera mixed with herbal Amla, shikakai and neem powder gives lustrous hair.
- Pack 2: Henna, egg whites and curd when used together stops hair fall.
- Pack 3: Honey, olive oil, cinnamon mixed together make for a soothing yet effective hair growth pack.
[ Read: Egg For Hair Fall ]
7. No Junk Please:
Unhealthy lifestyle, eating junk and all these unhealthy habits leads to hair loss due to high level of toxins in the body. So, start drinking lots and lots of water.
When you using hair fall remedies at home it is necessary to keep a few tips in mind. A few necessary precautions. Here they are.
- Check to make sure that you aren’t allergic to any of the ingredients mentioned in the preparatory products. Even though herbs cause a lot less reactions than chemicals, some people are known to have allergies to a few specific ingredients.
- Always follow the instructions precisely. Some herbs are used for many different purposes and when the preparation changes, the use may also vary. This will not help your condition but it may also cause further harm.
- The himalya anti hair fall shampoo
- L’oreal paris new fall repair 3X Anti hair fall shampoo
- Tresemme hair fall defense shampoo.
Follow any of these simple home remedies and tips for hair loss / fall and get lustrous shining hair with regular practice.
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Free Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)