Sudden, excessive hair loss can be frightening and worrying. Here are a few common and not-so-common causes of hair fall followed by some simple home remedies that you can easily try!
20 Effective Home Remedies And Tips To Control Hair Fall:
Latest technology and hair fall products claim to reduce hair fall and most of them are effective. However it is always better to go for natural products than opting for chemicals that harm the hair.To curb hair fall, you need to include a few basic practices into your hair care routine along with the treatments that you adopt for better results. Here are some home remedies and tips for hair fall control you can try.
1. Coconut Milk:
Coconut milk is among the richest sources of tissue-nourishing, plant derivatives. Grind the grated coconut and squeeze it to remove its milk. Massage coconut milk on the scalp to reduce hair fall.
2. Aloe Vera:
Aloe Vera juice is very effective to stop hair loss. Pure aloe gel can be applied directly to the scalp. This is helpful for preventing hair loss due to irritated, dry or infected scalp. Aloe Vera balances the pH level of scalp. After massaging the head with aloe gel, wait for few hours and then wash the hair with lukewarm water. You should do this twice a week for best results.
- You can also make your own anti hair fall shampoo. Mix aloe gel, wheat germ oil and coconut milk. Apply this on your scalp and wash off
- Another remedy is to dissolve a small amount of sodium chloride in the aloe vera gel. Now apply this mix on the scalp. The sodium will penetrate into the deeper layers of your skin and reduce hair fall.
3. Oil Massage:
Regular massaging the scalp for a few minutes every day with lukewarm oil will lead to stimulation of blood flow to the scalp. Coconut oil helps in controlling hail fall. Other recommended oils are: Jojoba oil, almond oil, mustard oil, lavender oil. Jojoba oil is especially good because it replaces the sebum in the scalp. It also helps to control dandruff.
4. Neem Treatment:
Neem is one of the most popular herbs in the country! It has many benefits, both health and beauty. And when it comes to beauty, it has some very effective hair benefits too. The astringent property of neem helps to keep lice and dandruff at bay.
How to use:
- Boil neem leaves in water until the water level falls to half its initial quantity and then cool it.
- Rinse out your hair with the mixture once a week.
[ Read : Remedies To Treat Grey Hair Using Amla ]
Boil dried amla in coconut oil till the oil turns black in color. Massage your scalp with this oil. This is an effective and very easy home remedy to check hair loss. There are also other ways where we can include amla in our hair care routine. Here are some methods to use amla effectively to control hair fall:
- Use amla and shikakai powder than you can buy in ayurvedic stores. Mix them both and make a paste. Apply this to your hair. Leave it on for a few minutes and wash off after a few minutes. Caution: If you have dry hair, skip shikakai.
- Mix powdered amla with lime juice. Apply this on your scalp and leave on for some time. Wash off.
- Soak it overnight. Use the water in the morning to rinse off your hair post shampooing.
The most effective method to reduce hair fall is to drink amla and shikakai juice. Yes, it tastes terrible but if you skip the preference of the taste buds once a day, the results will definitely be worth it.
[ Read: How To Prevent White Hair ]
Curd is an excellent remedy for improving the quality of the hair and prevents hair loss as well. It is one of the best conditioners and can be used in various forms:
- Mix curd with black pepper. Apply this on your hair. Wash off thoroughly when dry
- Mix curd with honey and apply this on your hair. Applying curd with honey or lime juice moisturizes your hair.
7. Hair Fall Preventive Packs:
When hair fall is really severe, then a preventive hair pack is the way to go. Here are a few packs, you can try at home.
- Pack 1: Aloe Vera mixed with herbal Amla, shikakai and neem powder gives lustrous hair.
- Pack 2: Henna, egg whites and curd when used together stops hair fall.
- Pack 3: Honey, olive oil, cinnamon mixed together make for a soothing yet effective hair growth pack.
- Pack 4: Wash your hair with a paste made out of neem leaves. Follow it up with rinsing your hair with apple cedar vinegar. Neem acts against scalp oil build up and infection while apple cedar vinegar maintains the alkali balance of the scalp.
You can always go for a hair spa once in a while but natural treatment is always a best idea. Stick to homemade hair masks to reduce hair fall. Keep your hair naturally hydrated.
[ Read: Egg For Hair Fall ]
8. No Junk Please:
Unhealthy lifestyle, eating junk and all these unhealthy habits leads to hair loss. Processed foods are not healthy and it can cause diseases which ultimately lead to a rise in high level of toxins in the body. To counter the toxins you need to drink plenty of water. At least drinking 8 glasses of water on a daily basis is a must and preferably on an empty stomach.Eat fresh home cooked food if you want great hair.
Latest posts by Shabby (see all)
- Comedonal Acne – What Is It And 5 Ways To Control It - March 18, 2014
- 16 Best Pongal Kolam Designs That You Should Try - February 20, 2014
- Top 25 Most Beautiful Athapookalam Designs - November 11, 2013
- 11 Different Types Of Acne And How To Identify Them? - November 8, 2013