What is the common problem most of us suffer during the summers or even during other times of the year? It ‘s the oil secretion from our T-zone . Isn’t that true? Especially the people who has oily skin suffer from this problem from teen-hood to Adult-hood and even sometimes through out their life. Not to mention the black heads and pimples come along with the oil secretion since all the dirt and grime gets stuck to the oil and fills up the skin pores.
This happens because the T-zone i.e. The forehead to the area of nose, has maximum of the sebaceous glands present. But it’s never too late when we can make use of some good and helpful tips and techniques by which we can reduce this oil secretion and control it accordingly.
Sebaceous glands become influenced by either hormones, disorders of stomach, extreme environmental air conditions, pollutions ,etc .
The skin of the nose is the worst affected and secretes most of the oil all the time, and it’s not really a fashion statement to pose a glossy nose. The following are some suggestible remedies for t-zone oil control:
How To Get Rid of Oily T Zone Naturally?
1. Keep pores clean. This can be done with good facial cleansers which are Ph balanced and formulated for the oily skin. People who suffer from dry skin throughout the year and oily T-zone during the summers, they can try to switch over to oily skin cleaners during the summers and then again revert back to their dry skin facial foams during the other times of the year. You can use a mixture of sandal wood paste and gram flour equal quantities in plain water and use it to make a gentle natural oil controlling face wash.
2. Wash your face at least 3-4 times a day especially after waking from sleep because while you sleep your body secretes oil continuously, especially your T-zone. If washing face 3-4 times doesn’t help people with excessive oily skin, they should increase it to 6-8 times.
3. Use fresh refreshers like bottled rosewater sprays which come handy and can be carried along. Or you can mix 4 drops of spearmint or peppermint oil in 1/3 cup of water and use it as an oil controlling toner with cotton pads dipped in it . You can also use it chilled. Normal chilled or distilled chilled water when taken in cotton pads can also be used for t-zone shine control.
4. Add organic home made vegetable or fruit toners made from juices of citrus fruits or veggies like tomato and cucumber along with your facial cleansing routine. The more you use facial cleansers on your skin, your skin is bound to loose it’s natural moisture which is naturally needed to be present on the surface of the skin to keep it hydrated, so routine up your cleaning process with the use of home made natural facial toners.
5. Lemon can help control the oil secretion, after using toners on your skin pour a few drops of any fruit containing citric acid , like lime or lemon or even orange , on a cotton pad and wipe the area for about 1-2 minutes.
6. Vinegar can also help control the oiliness of T-zone area. Pour a few drops on a cotton pad and wipe the area. Leave it on for about 5-10 minutes and then cleanse your skin.
7. Scrubs especially the home made ones can act miraculous to control oiliness and keep pores clean. But this scrub should be for the control of oiliness only, because different scrubs works for different targeted problems. Finely ground sun-dried almond and store it in a bottle . Whenever you can or at least once a day take about half teaspoon of it and half teaspoon of pure honey, mix it and use as a scrub to scrub the T-zone for about 5 minutes and wash off with luke warm water (so that pores open) and immediately splash with cold water (so that pores get closed).
8. Whenever possible or at least once a week, take facial steam . Take a bowl of hot water (not boiling hot water but hotter than lukewarm water) cover your head with a towel and let your face soak up all the steam, do for about 2 minutes or 4 minutes maximum . Don’t do too much if it is uncomfortable for you. Then use the above scrub and cleanse using lukewarm water. This technique helps better to clean the pores. Don’t forget to immediately splash with ice cold or just cold water to close the pores.
9. Use makeup which are matte in finish and water based. Don’t use makeup that is oil based or lotion based. Avoid using moisturizers or lotions on your face if your face remains oily all the time or during summers . Use water based or gel based sunscreens when you go out. If needed carry your face wash along with you always and clean your face at an interval of 4-5 hours. Keep a compact handy, whenever needed pat dry your face and T-zone and also use after using sunscreen, to control oil secretion temporarily.
10. To furnish your skin with the ultra-vital hydration care system , you need to boost up your water intake to at least 8-10 glasses per day to naturally detoxify your system of toxins from inside. Have lots of seasonal fruits and green veggies to get all the mineral and vitamin requirements.
This is how to control oil secretion on face. Try these natural remedies to get away from the irritating t-zone. Do leave us a comment if you have any more tips or have an idea on t-zone oil control products. We will be glad to hear from you.
Latest posts by Zinnia (see all)
- 10 Trending Nail Colors You Must Own This Winter - March 15, 2015
- 15 Effective Tips To Prevent Makeup From Melting In Hot Weather - August 9, 2014
- 10 Amazing Hand Painted Nail Art Designs - February 7, 2014
- 2 Amazing Red Nail Art Tutorials With Detailed Steps - February 7, 2014
- Amazing Ombre Nail Art Tutorial With Detailed Steps & Pictures - February 6, 2014