We swear by our favourite beauty and skin care products. Give all the credit to these concoctions for boosting our confidence. After all if you have beautiful skin, you have everything.
What do you do when you run out of these little wonders?We make do with homemade products.Although it sounds suspicious, these mixtures sometimes work better than the bottled products we use. Try these Do It Yourself recipes for better skin. You may not go back to your much loved packaged products.
For Girls With Dry Skin
- Start with your beautiful face. First exfoliate.
- Prepare a mixture with 3 tbsp. milk, about 2 cups white sugar, 1.5 tsp. olive oil and 1 tbsp. honey.
- Rub your face gently in circular motion and wash off with warm water then cold water. Pat dry.
This is a great scrub for dry skin. The granulated sugar can scrub away the impurities, the milk soothes your skin and the honey and olive oil will help dry skin to retain its moisture.
- Mix 1 tbsp. of yogurt to 1 tsp. of olive oil.
- Apply it on your face and leave for some time.
- Put a few slices of cucumber to your face for a cooling effect.
- Wait till it dries. Wash it off with a face wash.
This acts as a great facemask. Yoghurt has some live culture that makes leave skin moisturized and glowing after its application. The lactic acid can also help fight signs of aging. The olive oil can help to reverse sun damage.
For Those With Oily Skin
A scrub made of baking soda and water is excellent.
- First wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Then apply a mixture of 1 tbsp. baking soda with little water and rub it on your face in circular motion.
- Keep for 3 minutes and wash off.
Prepare this facial mask and watch your man swoon.
- Blend a small cucumber piece, one tbsp. of yogurt and a cup of oatmeal to a smooth paste.
- Apply this on the face and leave it for 10 minutes and rinse.
The yogurt acts to firm up your skin and deal with dead skin cells while the cucumber is cooling and helps tighten facial pores. The oatmeal is going to absorb the excess oil in your skin and help it not to get too oily.
For Those Blessed With Normal Skin
You are at an advantage. No pimples, no freckles, you have problem free skin. But it never hurts to give your skin a special pampering as well. Apple is great for more than just eating. Apple contains vitamins A, B, C and many natural antioxidants that can help reduce the damage that your skin faces every day. It can also reduce sunburn. Treat your skin with it.
- Blend 1 apple with 2 tsp. honey to create a smooth paste
- Apply the mask to your face and leave it on for 20 minutes
- Rinse it off and pat dry
You can follow it up with your normal moisturizer.
There are also some quick fixes to take care of your lips
- Apply honey and baking soda paste. Rub it on your lips to remove dead skin. Follow with a lip balm.
- Another easy remedy for your pink pout is to mix sugar with Vaseline. Scrub very gently. Keep for a few minutes and wash off.
When you have so many options of recipes for quick skincare, right in your kitchen, why would you want to try anything else? These are all natural, do not have side effects and you can always make different recipes to suit your needs.
So give these a try and drop us a line on your personal results!
Latest posts by StyleCraze (see all)
- Hooking Up With My Bestie’s Boyfriend Was The Worst Decision Of My Life - April 21, 2017
- Piracetam Benefits For Brain Health Plus Potential Side Effects - May 25, 2016
- Phenibut HCL: What Does It Do, Risk Of Potential Side Effects, And Dosage Recommendations - May 25, 2016
- Benefits of Inositol Supplements: Effects, Function, and Potential Side Effects - May 24, 2016
- L-Tyrosine: Benefits, Side Effects, And Dosages Guide - May 16, 2016