Multani mitti, better known as the Fuller’s earth is a clay substance that is hugely popular for its healing property against acne and blemishes. It is very rich in magnesium chloride which helps to reduce acne. Originally used as an absorbent in the wool industry this ingredient is now greatly used in many skin care products. You can use it as a cleanser, toner and most importantly as multani mitti facial packs, which are very popular. It’s very pocket friendly and has no side effects either. Go natural this time to have a glowing skin. It is sweat resistant and can also be used to improve your hair condition. But for today I will concentrate on benefits of multani mitti on face, skin and health. Let’s have a look.
Multani Mitti for Face:
1. The reason that multani mitti is so raved about because it removes the dead cells from the skin making space for it to breathe.
2. Multani mitti masks are very effective in making your skin glow as well as improving the texture of the skin. It also makes it radiant by removing acne and blemishes to a great degree. It is well capable of removing all the impurities from your skin so that your pores are not clogged anymore and thus prepares your face for serum or cream application. In this way the cream gets more absorbed and works more effectively.
3. One of the most popular uses of multani Mitti is for those with oily skin. Multani mitti with rose water makes an excellent face masks for oily skin. For dry skin, add milk and almond paste with it. It improves blood circulation also!!
4. Multani mitti is well known for its oil absorbing property. It’s for this reason that it is added in the face packs so widely. It cools down aggravated and irritated skin instantly. It works wonders for acne prone skin. It soothes it and also reduces the redness and the flaming irritation. It not only reduces the acne but also reduces the appearance of them again. To reduce blemishes use a pack of multani mitti with tomato juice, turmeric and sandalwood powder. Apply and leave for ten minutes and then rinse it off. It also acts as a wonderful cleanser which brightens the face immediatety!! However you should always remember that it’s not a magic potion so it will not reduce the blemishes overnight. So you have to follow the mask for a time and be patient to have the glowing and blemish free skin.
5. If you have pimple and those pimple marks are bothering you like hell, then this versatile multani mitti is again at your service!! Add neem paste, ground clove powder and camphor with multani mitti. Add rose water to make a smooth paste and use it weekly to reduce those ugly marks off your skin.
6. Multani mitti also reduces sun tan and helps to reduce pigmentation. It can also heal your scar marks. Add some essential oil with multani mitti for your face pack and it will give soft supple skin in no time.
7. As a scrub, multani mitti removes black heads and white heads completely!! Add multani mitti with grinded almonds and glycerine soap and use this mixture to scrub your face.
8. Multani mitti is truly a great skin care ingredient as it helps you tone the skin too. Add one beaten egg and one spoon of curd to one spoon of multani mitti. Mix it well and apply it on the face for 20 minutes to achieve a toned skin.
9. You can reduce scar marks by applying the paste of one spoon of carrot pulp mixed with some multani mitti and 2 spoons of olive oil.
10. Multani mitti can reduce your pimples too. All you need to do is to grind some neem leaves and mix it with multani mitti to form a fine paste. Apply it for 10-15 minutes and then wash it with cold water.
However you should always remember that multani mitti is highly beneficial for oily skin. If you have very dry or sensitive skin, stay away from it as it can aggravate the situation.
[ Read: Multani Mitti ]
Multani Mitti for Skin and Health:
11. As a body wash: A cooling and healing body wash
- 1 cup oatmeal powder
- 1 cup neem powder
- 1/4 cup white chandan powder
- 1 spoon of amba haldi powder
- Kala chana powder
- Multani Mitti (fuller’s earth)
Mix all of these and store in a bottle to make a good body wash for everyday use.
12. As an antiseptic:
Multani Mitti is an antiseptic agent. Multani mitti for face benefits also to heal skin irritations and offers soothing effect on the skin.
13. For healthy skin:
The use of multani mitti for face is an age old tradition. It contains healthy nutrients and gives natural oils to the skin. Mix it with any other mask and you are set to glow. It helps your skin in many ways like diminishing pore sizes, removing blackheads and whiteheads, fading freckles, soothing sunburns, cleansing skin, improving complexion, reducing acne and blemishes and making your skin glow.
Mix multani mitti with besan and turmeric for fair and healthy skin. Cleanse your skin thoroughly, apply a thin layer of this paste on your body, face, throat, and chest, and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. You can use this treatment every day instead of soap.
[ Read: How To Use Multani Mitti for Dry Skin ]
14. Blood circulation:
Using multani mitti paste on any part of the body helps in improving proper blood circulation. This makes Multani mitti for glowing skin an ideal solution.
15. Warn and cold compressors:
You can either use it as a warm or cold compress to treat problems of menstrual cramps, muscle pain, sunburn, insect bites and burns.
For a warm compress, mix it with lukewarm water and apply.
For a cold compress, mix it with cold water and apply.
16. Heat relief:
Mix to form paste of fuller’s earth made with water. Apply on the whole body to soothe the effects of hot temperature and sunburns. Avoid using on chest areas as its high cooling property can create respiratory problems.
Surprising, but yes! It is a superior cleaning agent that helps in absorbing and discolouring stains of greases, oils, waxes and blood on skin or clothes. This is always found in laundry detergents for washing greasy clothing.
[ Read: Ayurvedic Ways To Treat Dark Circles ]
Some important tips for Multani Mitti:
1. Opt for genuine quality multani mitti.
2. Eating it can cause kidney stones or clog intestines.
3. Store Multani Mitti in a cool and dry place and always away from heat, air and sunlight.
4. Store it in a refrigerator or outside in an air tight jar.
So here are the benefits of multani mitti for face, skin and health! Hope this article was just what you were looking for. Do leave us a comment.
- How To Use Multani Mitti For Oily Skin?
- How To Use Multani Mitti For Dry Skin?
- How To Use Multani Mitti To Cure Acne?
- 4 Amazing Multani Mitti Packs For Healthy Hair
- 10 Effective Ayurvedic Solutions For Oily Skin
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)