The Egyptian Queen Cleopatra is known as the most beautiful woman in human history, and for centuries people have been admiring her beauty. Cleopatra’s beauty secrets have been thoroughly studied and researched, and these secrets are relevant to many of us even today. Keep reading to know about them all!
In This Article
Queen Cleopatra’s Beauty Secrets:
1. She loved to use honey on her face due to its anti bacterial properties.
2. She washed her face many times a day using oil and chalk or oil and lime.
3. She used to rinse her face with Apple cider vinegar.
4. Ginger, antimony, calamine, onions, goose-fat, turpentine, etc. were some of the numerous skin care products used in Queen Cleopatra’s skin care regime!
5. Sea salt scrub was the natural scrub she used to exfoliate her body and face.
6. Queen Cleopatra used rosewater to make the pimple marks disappear.
7. The natural nail polish that Queen Cleopatra used was Henna, which gives fingernails a lovely reddish-brown color.
8. She used henna or a Mixture of Juniper berries, oil and two unidentified plants to dye her hair. . Besides these, olive oil was used to enrich the hair texture.
9. Cleopatra Beauty secrets – Milk:
She added Dead Sea salt to her bath with essential oils and aromatic flowers to relieve stress and make her skin glow! She used milk for bathing. Vitamins A and E in milk acted as an antiseptic too. She also mixed Milk with Olive oil to use it as a Moisturizer.
10. As far as fragrance is concerned, she loved rose and jasmine scents.
11. Cucumber, gum, oil and sycamore juice, mixed with boiled and crushed bones of a specific bird was used by Queen Cleopatra as a hair removal cream.
12. She chewed cachous pastilles to prevent bad breath.
13. Pellets of Carob and some essential oils were used to prevent any body-odour.
14. Red ochre and fat mixed together was used to color her lips, and Celery and hemp were combined for soothing her eyes. Antimony Sulphide was the black chemical she used to make her eyes, eyebrows and her lashes dark;
15. Many still use this popular recipe to get rid of tan even today. Take 1 cup of green grapes and 1 tablespoon of honey. Mix it together and apply on your skin. Leave it on for 15 minutes to remove tan.
The Egyptian queen Cleopatra is known for her enchanting beauty. She is regarded as one of the most beautiful queens of the era. She indulged in beauty rituals that were enriched with natural ingredients. But, those methods are still relevant to follow. They are famous as Cleopatra’s beauty secrets are worthy enough to get included in your skincare regimen. She used to mix honey with donkey milk, sea salt scrub, and rose water in her skincare routine. Follow these beauty secrets to get glowing, flawless skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Did Cleopatra use aloe vera?
According to history, Cleopatra has used aloe vera as part of her skin care routine (1).
What was Cleopatra’s diet?
It is said that Cleopatra’s diet consisted of vegetables, fruits, legumes, pigeon meat, and mutton.
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. Read our editorial policy to learn more.
- Aloe Vera: A Short Review