Bow nail designs always looks very chic as well as classy!!! Lady gaga and many other celebrities were sported wearing bow manicures.
You can also sport this using our simple nail art step by step tutorial. You can use bow as an accent nail or as a full manicure.
Here, in this manicure I am using bow as an accent and pairing it with polka dot nails. You can use any color combination; however, here I am using Blue and White combination.
Things you will need:
- Two contrasting colors of Nail paint. (Here I am using Inglot nail polish no.955 and Faces white o white)
- Dotting tool
- 1.5 mm Rhinestones
- Top coat and Base coat
Bow Nails Tutorial:
Apply your basecoat and let it dry completely and then apply your base color (in my case Inglot 955)
For thumb and all fingers except ring finger
How to add Polka dots:
Take your contrasting color (in my case White) on a rough plate or on foil paper.
Take your dotting tool and dip it in the color.
Now using your dotting tool, add dots to your nails. Start from middle of your nail for neater look.
Now add dots to the left or right side of your nails and let your dots dry completely.
For ring finger:
[ Read: Nail Art Tattoo Designs ]
How to make rhinestone bow:
Apply a coat of clear polish and put one rhinestone in the center (here I am making my bow on tip of my nail. You also can make your bow near cuticle or diagonally) as shown in the picture below:
Now put two-two rhinestones on both sides. As shown in the picture below:
Finally add three –three rhinestones on both the sides. As shown in the pictures below:
Seal your new design by applying a fast dry top coat, and you are done.
Some Pictures of my cute bow nail designs:
Some other ideas to add bow to your nails:
If you are good at stamping, then you can stamp bow on your nails.
You can free hand them using acrylic colors.
You can add acrylic bow, fimo bow, bow made up of baby pearls (follow same steps as rhinestones ones) or you can use bow shaped nail stickers and decals.
Variations in the above nail art:
- In the above manicure you can draw stripes instead of polka dots.
- You can add rhinestone on your ring finger and as well as on your thumb.
- Instead of polka dots you can leave your nail color plain on rest of the fingers or you can paint your tips in contrasting color and add dots with the base color.
- You can also do simple French manicure designs with the rhinestone bows on all nails or use the bow as an accent.
- If you wish to do matching this simple nail art on your toes then do bow nail designs similar to your ring finger and add polka dots on rest of your toes…Voila you got matching toes too!!!
Do you love bows too? How you like to add bows on your nails?
Do you paint your hands and toes similar? Do share your views on this.
You can get the free nail art app for elegant nail designs on your android mobile. You will surely love trying out the various designs from the app.