Are you suffering from hair loss? Have you tried numerous products but still got no result? Then you probably forgot looking inside your kitchen; because inside your kitchen is where the ultimate hair fall remedy resides!
It is nothing but onion juice, which can efficiently treat acute hair loss! In fact, onion juice is efficient in promoting hair growth and at the same time, prevents hair loss. The best part of using onion juice as a part of your hair care routine is that it is completely safe. Onions are not only easily available, but they are also inexpensive. They are a cost-effective way of ensuring that your hair gets the nourishment it needs.
Want to know more about onion juice and how you can use it as a treatment for hair growth? Then wait no more and continue reading! You will learn about one of the greatest ingredients that can induce hair growth!
Why Is Onion Juice Effective For Hair?
Onions are high in sulfur content. When massaged on the scalp, onion juice helps in improving the blood circulation. In fact, the sulfur content in onions is known to improve collagen production that in turn is beneficial for your hair health. Onion juice has anti-bacterial properties that help in preventing infections on the scalp.
Regular application of onion juice helps to thicken your hair and do away with a variety of scalp problems that are the cause of hair loss and hair thinning. Yeast infections, fungal infections, scalp acne and dandruff can be treated in the long run. Moreover, onion juice suits both dry scalp and oily scalp alike. Application of onion juice promotes healthy hair in a natural manner.
How To Use Onion Juice For Hair?
It is extremely easy to use onion juice for hair.
- Peel three or four onions and clean them thoroughly in water. It is better if you could consider a smaller variety of onions. Cut the onions into even smaller pieces. Put them in your juicer or blender and then extract the juice.
- Now apply the juice directly on your scalp and massage gently. Concentrate more on the hair roots and the scalp.
- Wait for at least one hour and then rinse off using plain water and a mild shampoo. Do it on alternate days to reap the best benefits.
Of course, you should have patience because you won’t get results overnight. Doing on a regular basis for at least a month would start showing results. This method of applying onion juice would take care of problems like hair fall, bald patches (1) and itchy scalp.
4 Simple Onion Juice Recipes For Promoting Hair Growth:
1. Raw Onion Juice:
This is the easiest way to derive the benefits of the sulfur content of onion. Just blend some onions in your food processor and extract the juice; apply this on your scalp and leave for at least 30 minutes or more if you wish; rinse off using a mild shampoo. If this is done for a minimum of thrice a week, you can expect to see results within one or two months. Please be patient as this is a natural remedy (2).
2. Honey-Onion Juice Treatment:
This treatment needs two-fold action – consumption and application. Mix a tablespoon of honey with a quarter-cup onion juice. Take it orally every day. At the same time, use the same recipe for application on your scalp and hair. Massage it gently for about ten minutes and leave it on for 30 minutes.
3. Onion Juice-Oil Blend:
Mix three tablespoons of onion juice with a tablespoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon of olive oil. Use this blend for your hair and scalp at least three times a week. It is good for treating hair loss, particularly if your scalp feels dry and itchy.
4. Onion Juice – Rum Concoction:
If you really cannot stand the smell of onions on your hair, you can try this method instead. Put the finely chopped onion in a glass of rum and keep it undisturbed overnight. Do not put this in your refrigerator. Strain the mixture and use the liquid as a hair rinse or to massage the scalp. It works to improve the hair growth.
Onion juice is a time-tested remedy for hair loss and ensures hair growth in bald patches. However, there is one problem associated with onion juice remedy for hair problems. It is a pungent remedy. If you detest the strong onion smell, you might find it difficult to put up with it every alternate day! However, if you get into the habit of tolerating the pungent smell, you can easily ensure that your hair enjoys good health.
Have you ever used onion juice for treating your hair problems? What was your experience? Share it with us in the comments section below!
- How To Use Onion To Treat Hair Loss?
- Top 10 Juices That Help Further Hair Growth
- 10 Best Benefits and Uses Of Onion Juice
- How Can Onion Juice Help Reduce Dandruff?
- 32 Amazing Benefits Of Onions For Skin, Hair And Health
Latest posts by Somreeta Mukherjee (see all)
- 3 Simple Steps To Prepare Seaweed Facial Mask - January 20, 2015
- 10 Best Essential Oils For Your Skin - January 19, 2015
- How To Select And Wear A Waist Chain? - December 29, 2014
- 5 Simple Steps To Take Care Of Your Hair Before Marriage - December 24, 2014