Hair loss is one of the major problems that most people seem to be suffering from these days. Contrary to what was believed earlier, it is not something that is only experienced by men. These days, even women suffer from significant hair loss, a condition that is almost close to female balding.
Most people start searching for products as soon as the first signs of hair fall hit hard.
But before trying out anything to treat hair loss, it is important to understand the reasons behind it. Hair loss occurs due to various reasons. These vary from nutrition deficiency to hereditary factors. Besides these factors, hair loss can also be a result of stress, alopecia treatment, improper diet as well as scalp disorders.
[ Read: Eat Away Your hair loss Problems ]
Unlike the common ailments like dandruff, stress and dermatitis, there is another reason that contributes for a big amount of hair loss. This is called Female Pattern Hair Loss (FPHL).
Pattern hair loss occurs due to certain hormonal changes in our bodies. We all know that our body contains a hormone called testosterone. Testosterone quantity is more in males than in females, but we have it too. Due to certain genetics and certain physical changes, the testosterone gets converted into dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which is the primary cause of hair loss.
DHT can be formed in our body due to a number of reasons. A few of the reasons are:
- Frequent exercise ( heavy exercise )
- Stress and overwork
DHT is the root cause of all our hair loss problems. It clogs the hair roots, thereby preventing blood supply from reaching the roots. When the hair root (also known as the hair follicle) does not get sufficient oxygen through the blood supply to the root, the root starts dying. As a hair root dies, the hair does not have any support and therefore it falls off.
When a large amount of DHT is formed in our body, we can see a large amount of hair loss. Before a hair root completely dies, the lack of blood supply causes it to have a lesser growth rate. This means that the hair follicle becomes dormant. A dormant hair follicle can again be stimulated to grow hair in case we can eliminate the problem of the DHT in our bodies.
Hair loss is also a natural process. Every strand of hair on your scalp goes through three phases – the growth stage, transitional stage and the resting stage. Every hair at the resting stage falls out and this cycle continues all throughout your life. However, with passing time some people shed hair or experience thinning of hair and gradually become bald. Balding is not a direct result of shedding of hair, it occurs because hair doesn’t grow back.
Today, technology has created various treatments that can help you achieve normal looking hair even after balding.
The Low Level Laser Light Therapy (LLLT) is one such therapy that incorporates laser light to the hair roots, stimulating regrowth of hair.
Laser Therapy for Hair Loss – What is it?
Laser Hair Therapy also referred to as LLLT is a non-surgical treatment for thinning hair, hair loss, as well as other scalp problems. It is a medically tested procedure and is proven to be safe and effective. The procedure involves use of a device containing therapeutic low light lasers. The Laser hair therapy functions similar to the photo biotherapy procedure.
How Does Laser for Hair Loss Work?
- In the LLLT procedure, laser light is used on your scalp
- The cells in the scalp absorb these rays and repair themselves.
- The laser light has the potential to penetrate deep inside the scalp tissues
- This helps in stimulating blood circulation, metabolism of the cells as well as protein synthesizes.
- Laser Hair Therapy’s cellular and sub-cellular activity assists in breaking down the collection of DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) thus preventing Hair Loss.
- Using Laser therapy on a regular basis will help to strengthen and regenerate hair roots.
- This slows down the resting phase of your hair follicles and quickens the growth of new hair.
Once dead, nothing can be done to restore hair roots. Hence it is necessary to get it treated as soon as you realize that you are suffering from male or female pattern baldness. Therapeutic pure red light used in laser therapy stimulates the supply of blood to the hair follicles. This helps in escalating the number of red blood cells delivering oxygen and nutrients to the scalp. The treatment clears debris from the hair shafts resulting in healthier growth of new hair.
Results of Laser Hair Growth:
According to a few researches conducted in some European countries, patients who underwent laser hair therapy experienced decrease in hair loss and increase in hair growth. About 85% of the patients said that their hair loss has reduced and about 60% of the patients said that they started getting new hair growth.
Most of the patients who underwent this hair loss laser treatment said that their existing hair was getting stronger and thicker. The laser hair loss treatment is approved by the FDA. It is painless and has no known side effects. It is important that you do a proper research and advise session with your doctor before going for the laser hair loss treatment.
Benefits of Laser Hair Therapy
Laser therapy not only helps to regrow hair, but also offers numerous benefits, which include:
- 54% rise in supply of blood to the scalp after one sitting
- Light is delivered directly from varied laser positions to ensure proper dosage
- Arouses hair follicle
- Impedes Hair Loss
- Leads to growth of soft, shiny, fuller and easily manageable hair
- Improves and repairs the quality of hair shaft quality
- Offers relief from irritation in scalp
- Increases the elasticity and strength of hair
- Also helps to repair the damage caused by coloring, straightening and perming
After undergoing laser therapy for hair loss, it is essential to maintain and take proper care of your hair to have long lasting results. You also need to have a healthy protein rich diet that promotes hair growth alongside these treatments and medicines.
Make sure you take good care of your hair, as well as your health, as both are interlinked. Take care and be healthy. Till then, keep it stylish!
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by rmyah v (see all)
- Jennifer Lopez’s Beauty Secrets Revealed - March 20, 2013
- 15 Simple Home Remedies For Dandruff That Worked Wonders For Me - February 21, 2013
- Laser Therapy: A Novel Way To Fight Hair Loss - February 2, 2013
- Kristen Stewart Inspired Eye Makeup Tutorial - January 31, 2013