Everyone loves to have straight and manageable locks. With the growing number of young fashionistas and advertisements showing straight locks, this trend is definitely on the rise. Women are desperately trying to get that poker straight hair and are spending a lot on permanent hair treatments. One of the most popular among these treatments is Hair Re-bonding!
Hair re-bonding is similar to straightening your hair with a straightener but here, chemicals are used to break the natural bonds of the cells in the hair and then they are rearranged to get straight hair. In this technique, a relaxant or a softener is used to break the natural bonds in the hair and then it is followed by the use of a neutralizer to re-bond the structure again, giving you the desired texture and bonding.
[ Read: Hair Rebonding at Home ]
Steps for Hair Rebonding:
Here is a step by step description on the usual hair rebonding process:
1. Initially hair is washed and shampooed. The shampoo used for this step is fairly mild and the conditioner is avoided here as its applied in the later steps.
2. Hair is then left to dry naturally or is dried using a drier using the medium setting.
3. Next comes the actual process of re bonding, but before that, hair is parted and divided into different sections and the number of these sections depends on the thickness and the volume of the hair.
4. Now the Conditioner or Relaxant we mentioned earlier is applied to each of the sections separately while keeping the hair straight. Thin plastic boards are used to keep the hair straight making sure that the cream is applied, covering each and every strand of the hair.
6. The next step is steaming the hair for 10-40 minutes depending upon the texture and the condition of the hair.
7. Then the hair is rinsed and blow dried until it is dry.
8. Now keratin lotion is applied to your hair and a flat iron is used to iron away any curls which are left.
9. Once your hair is satisfactorily straight, it is again parted and a neutraliser is applied on the hair to set the bonds back to stabilize the hair structure.
10. After leaving the hair neutraliser for at least 30 minutes, the hair is rinsed off and then blow dried once again.
11. Then a hair serum is applied to your hair to give your hair nourishment.
12. After application of serum, it is ironed
[ Read: Basic Hair Care Tips For Rebonded Hair ]
And now you have a silky straight hair that you have always dreamed of!
Hope this article on ‘what is hair rebonding and how to do it’ helps you a great deal. Don’t forget to checkout our article on post hair rebonding tips.
Hair re-bonding helps women achieve straight and manageable locks. In simpler words, it is one of the procedures that can help to make your hair straight, and enhance your appearance and attractiveness. Here-in, the natural bonds of the hair are broken and then rearranged in a way so that...>>
Dull, brittle, lifeless and limp hair denotes damaged and rough hair. Shiny, lustrous hair is a sign of good health. But in the present days, where much preference is given to hair styling,...>>
One of the most common challenges faced by both genders after shaving or removing unwanted hair growth from the face and body, are tiny bumps...>>
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by Shabby (see all)
- Comedonal Acne – What Is It And 5 Ways To Control It - March 18, 2014
- 16 Best Pongal Kolam Designs That You Should Try - February 20, 2014
- Top 25 Most Beautiful Athapookalam Designs - November 11, 2013
- 11 Different Types Of Acne And How To Identify Them? - November 8, 2013