When all hacks and regular skincare products fail to work their magic, organic and homemade face masks for glowing skin are the best option to fall back on. All you need are the right ingredients and a lot of patience for a solution of a lifetime.
Some of your skin care can produce overnight results, but it will be back to square one if you don’t use those products continuously. Moreover, the chemicals in those products may be damaging to your skin. Scroll down to find the right homemade face pack ingredients for your skin type. Read on!
In This Article
DIY Homemade Face Masks For Glowing Skin
Here are a few simple homemade face packs for glowing skin.
- Strawberry Face Mask
- Aloe Vera Face Mask
- Tomato Face Mask
- Honey And Milk Face Mask
- Egg Face Mask
- Turmeric Face Mask
- Oatmeal Face Mask
- Banana Face Mask
- Besan Face Mask
- Olive Oil Face Mask
- Avocado Face Mask
- Cucumber Face Mask
- Orange Face Mask
- Papaya Face Mask
- Multani Mitti Face Mask
- Yogurt Face Mask
Which face mask is best for glowing skin you ask? How about we do you one better? The recipes for face masks below use different ingredients, and you can choose them based on your skin type and requirements.
Get That Glowing Skin You Always Wanted With These Face Packs
1. Strawberry Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 6-10 fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Make a radiant skin face mask with mashed strawberries in a hand blender or mixer along with the honey. Do not use strawberries in the tinned, canned, frozen or packed pulp forms that are available in the market.
- Apply this pack on the face for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and follow it by a wash with cold water.
Leena Gowda, a beauty content creator, shares that she used strawberry pulp with fresh cream to attain glowing skin. She shares, “My skin feels really nice and soft because I used fresh cream (i).” She further suggests that if you have oily skin, you can use yogurt instead. While Leena did not use honey in her face pack, she says you can try it as well.
2. Aloe Vera Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- 2 tablespoons milk cream
- A pinch of turmeric
- For a glow-boosting face mask, mix all the ingredients to form a paste-like consistency.
- Apply this evenly on the face and neck.
- Leave it on for 20-30 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
3. Tomato Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 2 teaspoons tomato juice
- 3 teaspoons buttermilk
- Cotton ball
- To make a vitamin C face mask for glowing skin, cut a tomato and squeeze out two teaspoons of fresh tomato juice.
- To this, add the buttermilk and mix well.
- Apply this mixture carefully all over your face and neck using the cotton ball.
- Rinse it off after about 30 minutes.
4. Honey And Milk Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Cotton ball
- Warm the milk slightly and mix it with the honey.
- Apply this honey face mask for glowing skin with the cotton ball while it is still warm.
- Now, let it get soaked into your skin for at least 10 minutes. You can leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water first and then with cold water.
5. Egg Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 1 egg
- 5-6 drops almond oil
- Beat the egg till it is frothy, and add the almond oil to this. Mix well.
- Apply this mixture on the face.
- This will give you instant shine and glow in just 12 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and then with cold water.
6. Turmeric Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-2 teaspoons rose water
- Mix the turmeric powder with the baking powder.
- Slowly add the rose water and mix until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply this pack on your face and leave it on for five minutes.
- Wet your fingertips and massage your face in gentle circular motions to remove dead skin. Keep massaging for a few minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water first and then with cool water. Pat dry.
Note: While charcoal face packs for glowing skin are all the rage, they may be too harsh for certain skin types. Instead try this easy to use, easy to make, classic turmeric face pack that is able to beat any trendy masks.
7. Oatmeal Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 2 teaspoons oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2-3 teaspoons milk
- Mix the oatmeal and honey with the milk to get a paste.
- Apply on the face and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
8. Banana Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 teaspoons honey
1. In a clean mixer grinder or with a hand blender, blend the ripe banana with the honey.
2. Apply this fruit face mask for glowing skin on your face for about 15 minutes.
3. Rinse off with lukewarm water followed by cold water.
9. Besan Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 2 tablespoons besan (gram flour)
- 1 tablespoon milk cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- To make this exfoliating face mask for glowing skin, mix the ingredients to form a paste. Add some water to get proper consistency, if required.
- Apply this paste on the face and neck, and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse this off with cool water.
10. Olive Oil Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white cosmetic clay
1. Mix the clay with the olive oil and apply the mixture on the face.
2. Let it dry for about 10 minutes.
3. Rinse with lukewarm water.
11. Avocado Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Peel the avocado and remove the seed. Mash the pulp properly so that no lumps remain.
- Add the honey to this pulp and mix well.
- Apply this all over the face and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
12. Cucumber Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- To make this hydrating face mask for glowing skin, grate the cucumber and blend it into a paste.
- Apply this paste on your face.
- Keep it on for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with water and pat dry.
- Moisturize as usual.
13. Orange Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- Orange peels
- 1 teaspoon sandalwood powder
- Water or rose water
- Dry the orange peels in the sun for two to three days.
- Grind them to make a fine powder.
- To two tablespoons of this powder, add the sandalwood powder and enough water to make a paste.
- Apply this on the face and rinse after 20 to 30 minutes.
You can store the rest of the orange peel powder in an airtight container for future use.
14. Papaya Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- A small piece of papaya
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Mash the papaya and add the honey to it.
- Apply this directly on the face and wait for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
15. Multani Mitti Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 2 tablespoons multani mitti (Fuller’s earth)
- 1 tablespoon tomato juice
- A pinch of sandalwood powder
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients and add a little water to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this clay face mask for glowing skin on the face and neck evenly.
- Rinse after 10 to 15 minutes with lukewarm water.
If you have green tea in hand, you can also try the green tea face mask for glowing skin. It also works wonders on oily skin and promises to reduce acne.
16. Yogurt Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- ½ cup sour yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon or orange juice
- Take the yogurt and add the lemon juice or orange juice to it. Mix well.
- Apply on the face and leave it on for about 15 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water and then splash some cold water immediately to tighten the pores.
This face pack may also help in cell regeneration and make your skin look clear and firm by helping skin elasticity.
Infographic: DIY Neem Face Masks For Glowing Skin
Neem is an excellent herb to pamper your skin. Although dreaming of the perfect skin and hair is unrealistic, you can accomplish your desired beauty objectives using easy home remedies. Check out the infographic below to learn about some of the best DIY neem face masks for glowing skin.
Homemade face masks for glowing skin are practical, economical, and beneficial for your skin in the long run. They are free of harsh chemicals and are made of natural ingredients easily available in your kitchen. You can make face masks with strawberries, yogurt, turmeric, aloe vera, orange, egg, oatmeal, cucumber, avocado, papaya, honey, or milk. Apply these face masks for 20 minutes and rinse them off with warm water once or twice depending on your skin type and see soft and glowing skin over time.
Have you used any of these face packs before? Do let us know in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a face mask every day?
No, it is not advised to use a face mask every day. You may use it once or twice a week.
Can face masks damage your skin?
Yes, face masks can damage your skin if you use them daily. They may strip off the natural oils and moisture from the skin, causing acne and dryness.
Is sugar good for a face mask?
Yes, sugar is an excellent exfoliator that you can use to prepare face scrubs. You may also leave it on the skin as a mask after exfoliating.
- Face masks not only impart glow but also deeply cleanse, nourish, and hydrate your skin.
- Add ingredients like strawberry, aloe vera, turmeric, honey, and avocado for maximum benefits.
- Remember to leave the face masks on for 10-20 minutes.
- Use the masks once or twice a week.
Get glowing skin in no time with these easy-to-make masks! Check out this video to learn about five amazing skin-brightening face and body masks!
Personal Experience: Source
i. Strawberry fresh cream face mask | Get glowing skin instantly