Glowing skin – that too, with absolutely no aid from makeup! Sounds a bit unbelievable, right? Though it sounds far fetched, it is definitely achievable. However, turning this dream into reality comes with a slight catch – it does need some serious hard work from your side.
As they say, time and effort will definitely yield results. To know more about how you can achieve glowing skin with simple concoctions that you can brew at home, keep reading.
DIY Homemade Face Masks For Glowing Skin
Here are a few simple homemade face packs for glowing skin.
- Strawberry Face Mask
- Aloe Vera Face Mask
- Tomato Face Mask
- Honey And Milk Face Mask
- Egg Face Mask
- Turmeric Face Mask
- Oatmeal Face Mask
- Banana Face Mask
- Besan Face Mask
- Olive Oil Face Mask
- Avocado Face Mask
- Cucumber Face Mask
- Orange Face Mask
- Papaya Face Mask
- Multani Mitti Face Mask
- Yogurt Face Mask
Get That Glowing Skin You Always Wanted With These Face Packs
1. Strawberry Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 6-10 fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Mash the strawberries with a hand blender or in a mixer along with the honey. Do not use strawberries in the tinned, canned, frozen or packed pulp forms that are available in the market.
- Apply this pack on the face for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and follow it by a wash with cold water.
[ Read: Strawberry Face Packs For Glowing Skin ]
2. Aloe Vera Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- 2 tablespoons milk cream
- A pinch of turmeric
- Mix all the ingredients to form a paste-like consistency.
- Apply this evenly on the face and neck.
- Leave it on for 20-30 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
3. Tomato Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 2 teaspoons tomato juice
- 3 teaspoons buttermilk
- Cotton ball
- Cut a tomato and squeeze out two teaspoons of fresh tomato juice.
- To this, add the buttermilk and mix well.
- Apply this mixture carefully all over your face and neck using the cotton ball.
- Rinse it off after about 30 minutes.
4. Honey And Milk Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Cotton ball
- Warm the milk slightly and mix it with the honey.
- Apply this mixture on the face with the cotton ball while it is still warm.
- Now, let it get soaked into your skin for at least 10 minutes. You can leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water first and then with cold water.
5. Egg Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 1 egg
- 5-6 drops almond oil
- Beat the egg till it is frothy, and add the almond oil to this. Mix well.
- Apply this mixture on the face.
- This will give you instant shine and glow in just 12 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and then with cold water.
[ Read: Egg Face Packs For Healthy Skin ]
6. Turmeric Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-2 teaspoons rose water
- Mix the turmeric powder with the baking powder.
- Slowly add the rose water and mix until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply this pack on your face and leave it on for five minutes.
- Wet your fingertips and massage your face in gentle circular motions to remove dead skin. Keep massaging for a few minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water first and then with cool water. Pat dry.
7. Oatmeal Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 2 teaspoons oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2-3 teaspoons milk
- Mix the oatmeal and honey with the milk to get a paste.
- Apply on the face and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
8. Banana Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 teaspoons honey
1. In a clean mixer grinder or with a hand blender, blend the ripe banana with the honey.
2. Use this pack on the face for about 15 minutes.
3. Rinse off with lukewarm water followed by cold water.
[ Read: Banana Face Packs ]
9. Besan Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 2 tablespoons besan (gram flour)
- 1 tablespoon milk cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Mix the ingredients to form a paste. You can add some water to get proper consistency, if required.
- Apply this paste on the face and neck, and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water.
10. Olive Oil Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white cosmetic clay
1. Mix the clay with the olive oil and apply the mixture on the face.
2. Let it dry for about 10 minutes.
3. Rinse with lukewarm water.
11. Avocado Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Peel the avocado and remove the seed. Mash the pulp properly so that no lumps remain.
- Add the honey to this pulp and mix well.
- Apply this all over the face and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
12. Cucumber Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- Grate the cucumber and blend it into a paste.
- Apply this paste on your face.
- Keep it on for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with water and pat dry.
- Moisturize as usual.
13. Orange Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- Orange peels
- 1 teaspoon sandalwood powder
- Water or rose water
- Dry the orange peels in the sun for two to three days.
- Grind them to make a fine powder.
- To two tablespoons of this powder, add the sandalwood powder and enough water to make a paste.
- Apply this on the face and rinse after 20 to 30 minutes.
You can store the rest of the orange peel powder in an airtight container for future use.
14. Papaya Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- A small piece of papaya
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Mash the papaya and add the honey to it.
- Apply this directly on the face and wait for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
15. Multani Mitti Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- 2 tablespoons multani mitti (Fuller’s earth)
- 1 tablespoon tomato juice
- A pinch of sandalwood powder
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients and add a little water to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on the face and neck evenly.
- Rinse after 10 to 15 minutes with lukewarm water.
16. Yogurt Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- ½ cup sour yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon or orange juice
- Take the yogurt and add the lemon juice or orange juice to it. Mix well.
- Apply on the face and leave it on for about 15 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water and then splash some cold water immediately to tighten the pores.
[ Read: Yogurt Beauty Benefits ]
Using homemade face mask for glowing skin might seem a little time-consuming, but the results are definitely worth the effort. Use any of these packs regularly for a couple of weeks to notice the difference. Your skin will become healthier, softer, supple, and GLOW!
Have you used any of these face packs before? Do let us know in the comments below.
- Lodhradi Skin Repair Face Pack for Hyper Pigmentation
- 6 Simple Homemade Mud Masks – Benefits And Uses
- 2 Simple Ways To Prepare Butter Face Mask
- 3 Simple Ways To Prepare Chamomile Face Mask At Home
- 8 Amazing Blueberry Face Masks For Radiant Skin
Latest posts by Kushneet Kukreja (see all)
- How To Treat Heat Stroke (Sunstroke) At Home - April 19, 2017
- Olay Total Effects 7 in One Anti-Ageing Fairness Cream Review - April 18, 2017
- How To Use Castor Oil For Dark Circles - December 23, 2016
- How To Stop Your Period Early - September 27, 2016
- 10 Effective Home Remedies For Sinusitis - August 8, 2016