The heart always desires what it does not have! So when you look at the mirror and you see straight hair, you want fun curls but when you see curly hair, you want the sexy sleek straight look!
Back in the days genetics was the only thing that had any control over this and we had no control over our genes. But today, we have many technologies that can give you the look you want with fairly good results.
What is Hair Rebonding?
This is method of chemically relaxing the hair so that the curls can be turned straight. This treatment is suggested for woman with voluminous and unmanageable hair. When done right, this procedure tames down the hair quite well and its effects last for a fairly long time.
Procedure for Hair Rebonding:
Our hair has a certain characteristic due to the bonds that the protiens have between them. This is why some people has curly, wavvy or straight hair. To change the look, we need to change the bonds i.e. alter the bonding between the protien molecules.
Rebonding hair is a procedure that requires the use of two chemicals:
- Cream softener or relaxant
- Hair is first washed with a mild shampoo
- The relaxant is then applied and left for half an hour. This is then steamed and washed off.
- The hair is now straightened in sections
- To the straightened hair, the neutralizer is applied that resets the bonds
- The neutralizer is rinsed off
- The hair is again blow dried and a serum is applied.
- Your hair will be subjected to chemical damage during the process no matter how many precautions you take.
- Hair can fall very easily after this procedure as the roots are weakened. It is a lot of careful handling.
- The risk of burns from straightener or the chemical always stands
- Tucking your hair or tying it up tight can also damage hair. You will have to keep lose at most times.
- The touch ups will further weaken your hair over each sitting leaving your hair very susceptible to other damages too.
Latest posts by Namita (see all)
- Brown Hair Color Guide – Everything You Need To Know - January 31, 2015
- Can Eating Tomatoes Help You Lose Weight? - January 28, 2015
- How To Use Tea Tree Oil To Get Rid Of Lice? - January 19, 2015
- How Many Litres Of Water Should You Drink Daily To Lose Weight? - January 14, 2015