“Winter is a season of recovery and preparation.” – Paul Theroux
The American travel writer and novelist summed it up aptly. Long and languid days of summer give way to frigid and drying winter. Our skin goes through a lot in summer with tanning and sun damage. Winter is equally harsh with dry winds leading to stretched and dry skin. Hence winters are a time to regroup from that skin damage and also prepare for the harshness of winter on our skin.
We already use a surfeit of chemical products, so how about looking at some natural remedies to combat the itchy and parched winter skin. These remedies are economical and easy enough to make and use. Diligence and patience is the key in achieving super hydrated and glowing skin in the winters. Compliments will follow you everywhere
It’s that time of the year again! Winter makes your skin dry but fortunately Mother Nature is a very neutral person and when she causes a problem, she also leaves behind a number of solutions!
Homemade Banana Face Packs For Dry Skin:
Let’s look at some homemade banana face masks. This can also be called the 5 rupees natural face mask as bananas retail at around Rs 5.
1. Basic Banana Face Pack:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Mix them to make a smooth paste.
- Apply over the face.
- Rinse with water after 10 minutes.
This pack will moisturise the skin and reduce the ageing effects of the winter. It provides vitamin E and makes the skin glow with health.
[ Read: Homemade Scrubs For Dry Skin ]
Here is a video to guide you!
- Honey locks in the moisture.
- Banana and olive oil contain good amount of Antioxidants which help in removing and neutralizing the bad effects of chemicals on skin.
- Olive oil also helps regulate your skin’s sebum production.
- This pack will give you very relaxing, soothing and moisturizing effect on your skin.
2. Banana and Butter Face Pack:
- 1 Ripe Banana: For an economical option, look at the produce which is marked at a discount for quick sale. You can use the one required and freeze the remaining bananas to use as and when required.
- 2 tbsp white butter
- Mash the Banana and make it into a smooth paste
- Whip the butter till smooth. In case the butter is not available you can substitute it with full fat milk.
- Mix the banana and butter and apply all over the face. This combination is ultra hydrating for dry skin.
Alternatively, you can also jazz this pack up and make a mask with:
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp full fat milk
- 1 tbsp yellow butter / white butter
- A few rose petals. Chopped up and mashed to release the juices
Blend all the ingredients for a smooth paste. Apply all over your face and keep it on for 20 minutes. Rinse off and pat dry with a towel.
Bonus Packs For Winter Dry Skin:
3. Vitamin E Face Pack:
- 1 ripe banana mashed till it becomes a smooth paste
- 1 vitamin E capsule – Ruptured to extract the vitamin E oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Blend all the ingredients and apply on the face. Leave on for 20 minutes, rinse and pat dry
- You can even add rose water and sandalwood powder for further hydration
4. Banana and Yogurt Face Mask:
- 1 Ripe banana mashed till it becomes smooth
- 2 tbsp yogurt. Whisked till smooth
- Blend till smooth and apply.
- This will hydrate your skin and even remove excess sun tanning.
[ Read: Multani Mitti For Dry Skin ]
5. Banana and Lemon Juice Mask:
- 1 ripe banana mashed till smooth
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Blend till smooth and apply all over the face.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and rinse off Bananas are rich in vitamin A, B and E works and works to reduce the premature ageing effects of skin damage.
- Lemon lightens skin and also helps lighten blemishes and scars.
These are the best 5 rupee masks that will hold you in good stead in winter. These are super effective for dry skin. Always do a patch test before application. Stay healthy and stay happy.
- DIY – Amazing Homemade Exfoliating Rice Face Pack To Refresh Your Skin
- 5 Effective Homemade Face Packs To Treat Dark Spots
- Summer Face packs For Combination Skin
- 5 Homemade Face Packs For Sensitive Skin – With Detailed Steps And Pictures
Latest posts by poulami (see all)
- Hair Smoothing VS Hair Straightening - March 13, 2013
- Best Moisturizers For sensitive Skin - January 16, 2013
- How to Choose Moisturizers for Combination Skin? - December 24, 2012
- How to Apply Bridal Eye Makeup Perfectly? - December 22, 2012
- 11 Homemade Face Packs For Dry Skin With Pictures - December 18, 2012