If you want to flatten your belly your belly out, then you must watch what you eat. It must be tempting to eat fast foods and but it is not easy to get rid of fat accumulation in your middle section. It’s all about what you love more…the food or the flat belly.
To lose weight, first strengthen your will power to control food habits and then exercise regularly. There are no short cuts.
Foods To Burn Belly Fat:
1. Tangy citrus fruits:
Fruits like orange, lemon, kiwi, tangerine, fresh limes serve as excellent fat burners.
Citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C that boosts metabolism and burn fat faster compared to other fruits.
When you start a weight loss regime, consume citrus fruits with many other fat-burning fruits like apple, watermelon, grapes and strawberries for quick results.
2. Coloured vegetables:
Vegetables are rich in minerals and low on calories.
Veggies like cabbage, broccoli, tomatoes, spinach, beans, and peas are all rich in minerals and have nil fat content in them.
Instead of cooking vegetables with a lot of oil and spices, go for stir-fry veggies with a little olive or sunflower oil.
3. Various dals:
Pulses or dal are rich in amino acids, low on calories, and fat. Sprouts are also rich in amino acids and can be included in your healthy diet.
4. Oats for breakfast:
Oatmeal contains insoluble fiber and some carbohydrates that don’t let you feel hungry for a longer time and give you strength for better workout.
5. Nutty snacks:
A handful of almonds or walnuts are good enough to keep you away from hunger and do not add to your calories.
6. Eggs are best:
Eggs are protein rich, low in calories and fat to boost your metabolic rate.
7. Oily Fish:
Salmon, mackerel, tuna are rich in protein are boosts metabolism. It contains good fatty acids (omega 3 acid) that burn your belly fat.
8. Lots of water:
water increases your metabolism and kicks start the fat burning process.
Workouts For Belly Fat:
Leg Rotation works on your belly fat and stuffed cellulite in your thighs and hips.
- Lie flat on the ground and lock your hands behind your back while palms facing downward.
- Lift both your legs in the air at about 45 degrees angle from the ground.
- Start rotating them first in clockwise direction for 10 times and repeat the same in anti-clockwise direction without any break.
- Initially, start with 2 clockwise and 2 anti-clockwise rotations and with single legs.
- Beginner can bend their knees and then rotate.
- Do 5-6 sets without any rest.
You will feel the strain in your abdominal muscles and your thighs.
- Lie in the same position as the previous asana with hands locked at your back.
- Lift your legs up at 45 degrees angle and lift it up and down.
- Repeat another 5-6 sets.
- Begin with single legs i.e. first 10 up and down with your right leg and then left leg.
The first few days will be painful but gets better with practice.
Crunches do wonders to cut down belly fat. Its time you get started doing this abs crunching exercise in the right way.
i. Lie down flat on a mat with your knees bent and feet on the ground. Alternatively you can.
also lift your legs off the floor at 90 degrees angle.
ii. Now lift your hands and place them behind your head or keep them crossed on your chest.
iii.Inhale deeply and as you lift your upper torso off the floor, exhale.
Do this for 10 times as a beginner and repeat another 2-3 sets.
As you lift your torso, sit at 30-40 degrees angle off the ground to feel pressure on your abdominal muscles.
i. Lie on the floor and keep your hands either by your side or behind your head as in crunches.
ii. Now lift both your legs off the ground bent at the knees.
iii. Bring your right knee close to your chest keeping your left leg out.
iv. Taking your right leg out, bring your left leg close to your chest.
So these are a few exercises and the right diet to help you get those flat abs you always lusted for.
Trying out all the possible ways to flatten your belly? And nothing seems to be working out! To help you out, we have conducted an expert round up with renowned fitness experts. Here are the 3 simple tips given by each expert on how to flatten your belly easily at home.
3 Proven Methods to Flatten your Belly At Home
Lie down on your stomach and then come up on your palms and toes. Lift your knees off the floor. Draw your stomach muscles up and breathe deep into the side and back of the rib cage. Hold the pose for at least 30 seconds. Go longer if you can.
2. Lift & Twist Crunch
Lie on your back. Bring your hands behind the back of your neck. Lift and twist the upper body to one side and bring your elbow towards the opposite knee. Inhale lower back down. Exhale, lift and twist towards the other side, inhale and return to your starting position. Keep this movement going and you can also start to speed it up a little bit once you get comfortable with the exercise. Then, start to extend one leg out as you continue motion. Keep pulling the lower stomach muscles up and breathe deep. To advance it further, you can start to tap the heel of the extended leg on to the floor.
3. Static Tiger Pose
Place your hands and knees on the floor. Lift up one leg and extend the opposite arm. Hold this Static Tiger Pose for 3 deep breaths. Come back to the starting position and swap sides, extending arm and opposite leg. You can look down towards the ground to keep the spine in line. This exercise will build your core strength.
1. Plank it out!
The transverse abdominis is the deepest abdominal muscle in the belly. It is your built-in Spanx! It acts like a corset, cinching in the waist and creating a tight, flatter belly. One of the best ways to activate and strengthen the TA muscle is by doing planks. To perform a plank, assume the “up” position of a push-up. You can be up on your hands or down on your forearms. Keep the booty in line with spine instead of letting it drop down towards the floor or lift up towards the ceiling. Start by holding the plank for 15 seconds and build up from there. I encourage my clients to do planks during the commercials while they watch television!
2. Take a daily probiotic supplement
Probiotic supplements help your body digest food, fight bloating and eliminate gas. They also encourage healthy bowel movements. Healthy bowels = flatter tummy.
3. Eliminate carbonated beverages and slow down!
This is a big one! Those bubbles can expand the belly. Drinking with a straw also can lead to bloating. We tend to gulp more air when sipping through straws. Speaking of “gulping air”, when you eat too fast or talk too much while eating, you swallow more air. More air in the belly, combined with barely chewed up food is a recipe for a distended belly. Chew your food and take time to savor it. You’ll be healthier!
1. Include healthy fats into your diet:
Avocado, olive oil, nuts/seeds, olives, even dark chocolate.
2. Add high intensity intervals to your workouts:
Adding bursts of cardio to your workouts can target stubborn belly fat. Try adding 1 minute of burpees, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, or sprints into your workouts to keep your heart rate up and reduce your midsection
3. Plank it out:
Every morning and evening, hold a plank for at least 1 minute (or as long as you can). When this starts to feel easy, try adding 30 more seconds. You’ll work all muscles of core with this effective, equipment-free move!
4. Reduce your carb portion
When we eat too much rice/bread/pasta/potatoes in one sitting, our blood sugar spikes which triggers the release of insulin–a hormone that promotes fat storage. Try to have just 1 carb per meal (example: choose either the rice or the bread), and reduce the usual portion of your carbs by 25%.
While this is a very basic question, why is it that so many people struggle with belly fat?
The reality and answer is very simple- lifestyle choices. There are three components that invariably impact the fat in our torso – nutrition, hydration and activity. How often and what we eat, drink and the amount we exercise with will collectively have a major impact on how our tummies look.
- Nutritionally, most people feel that if it’s low in fat and has nutrients, it is “healthy.” Not true. Your body will store fat based on how your food spikes your blood sugar. The higher your blood sugar goes, the more fat you have the propensity to store. So, one way to avoid fat storage, specifically in the belly area, is to eat food that has a low impact on blood sugar elevation. Foods that are high in carbohydrates, specifically simple carbs, will promote fat storage because they spike blood sugar. Complex carbs in moderate amounts will support the body’s energy without spiking blood sugar levels. This will alleviate some concerns for fat storage in the tummy, so keep the carbs moderate and complex. Eat 15-24 grams of carbs per meal for women and no more than 35 for men. Also, protein intake with your carbs will also control the degree to which your blood sugar rises. Thus, maintaining protein as a staple for every meal supports a toned midsection.
- Secondly, hydration is everything! If you hydrate you keep the body’s organs and the brain more efficient. The thyroid is the housing center of metabolic control in the brain. The organs and cells convert calories, which are measures of energy (from food to the body’s usage). This energy is either used up or stored as fat. Therefore, basic common sense says that the more efficient we keep our brain and our digestive/energy-converting organs, the less fat we will store. The abdomen is a primary fat storage point on the body, so we can avoid belly fat simply by our water intake. Rule of thumb is one to drink two ounces of water per pound of body weight.
- Finally, we come down to exercise, which may be limited at home. While exercise supports fat loss, it will not impact the belly area without appropriate nutrition. However with proper food intake, what we can do to help eliminate body fat storage in the stomach area is carry more muscle. We inevitably recruit fat usage as a tool to develop and carry muscle. Of course, getting your heart rate into a fat-burning zone will help with fat loss more rapidly than low-impact aerobic training like speed walking, but any cardio will promote fat loss. Burning fat around the belly cannot result from doing stomach exercises, contrary to long term misconceptions about this. However, along with precise nutrition choices and other exercise, you can lower body fat in the midsection. So resistance training at home can support fat loss, along with cardio training, and if you would like to strengthen your core, add in some abs exercises!
The good news is that all three of these tips can be controlled within your home location. However your body cannot convert your fat belly to flat belly by doing one of these tips without the others. More good news is that you need not go outside or spend extra money on contraptions or memberships to flatten your belly! So enjoy your moderate carbs, high protein, gallon-a-day of water, and exercise at home while learning to love how you feel with a nice set of abs. Curves and size is awesome in the right places, but we all love a flat stomach!
- 100 % planks!!! Start with 30 second holds: center, left side, right side. Do three rounds. Rest when needed. Get a stop watch and every week add 10-15 seconds more.
- Crunches: Chin up to ceiling (pretend like there is a grape fruit under chin). Center, 25, then 25 right, 25 left. Finish with bicycle abs. Side to side, extending leg out. Keep back flat on mat and contract abs.
- Plyometrics. 30 seconds of mountain climbers with 30 sec planks. 30 seconds burpees with 30 seconds planks. 30 seconds of jump squats with 30 seconds planks. Try not to rest much between these 3 sets. Repeat 3 times.
A flat tummy is achieved with burning fat and calories, eating clean foods, and doing planks at least 4 to 5 times a week. Although the exercise is a must, 80% of having a flat belly is what you put in your mouth. Drink plenty of water, green tea, and lemon. Do not add too much sodium in your diet, and limit your alcohol intake.
- Eat carbs early in the morning or right after your workout
- Lie on the floor facing up, with legs straight up in 90 degrees swing your arms forward and back alternating leg raises down and up, time it between 30 to 60 seconds, do 3 rounds
- Do intermittent fasting twice a week, don’t eat any food until 12 noon, after that do your regular meals with no processed fat or artificial sugar
- Make sure you are eating right. Stick to a “clean” diet consisting of healthy fats, lean protein, fruits and vegetables.
- In order to flatten your belly – you need to lose body fat. Try to get in at least 20-30 minutes of cardio. You can do this at home by doing things like jumping jacks, running stairs, plyometrics and other moves that get your heart rate up and make you sweat. Do an interval-style workout where you work hard for 30-60 seconds and then do something easy (like bicep curls) for the next 30-60 seconds.
- Do core work while you watch TV! If you have time to sit and watch TV during the day, then you have time to work on your core (and belly). Try to hold a plank for an entire commercial break or do 10 crunches every time you hear the word “you”.
In order to see true results with any fitness regimen it is important to incorporate a healthy diet, strong abs are created in the kitchen! Below are few foods and tips you should start implementing today.
- Water with lemon: This aids in digestion and helps with bloating.
- Stay away from foods that are can create abdominal weight gain and bloating like deep fried dishes, processed foods, and artificial sweeteners. Not only will this help you achieve the core of your dreams it will help you craft a healthy lifestyle too!
- Limit your alcohol intake. Many alcoholic beverages/mixers are loaded with calories and sugar!
2. Work the front and back of the mid-section:
Having a strong core not only looks great in a half-top but it is key to performing everyday tasks like lifting children, carrying luggage and other activities. Working the abdominal muscles and back will assure a sexy core! The workouts below are an excellent way to start working the front and back of the core.
- Bicycle Crunches
- Washing Machine
- Plank Rotations
- Pike with Gliders
Getting a sufficient amount of rest is key when it comes to keeping a trim waist line. Adults should be getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep daily, unfortunately this is rare in many cases. Getting adequate rest helps avoid late night snacking and gives the body time to repair muscles from daily activities. Enough rest and relaxation is also ideal for avoiding stress. Stress triggers can cause the body to create cortisol, a well-known stress hormone that contributes to abdominal weight gain.
Keeping things simple is key when it comes to dropping weight, keep it off and feeling remarkable! Many people are in a state of perpetually looking for the next quick fix or the next trick to drop weight quickly and for good. But the secret among people who have successful lost weight for good (I dropped my 44 pounds 20 years ago) is that there is no secret. It all comes down to building simple (note, I did not say easy) habits into your day.
Most people who are trying to lose weight are really focused on dropping belly fat and flattening their stomach.
Here are my 3 Proven Methods to Flatten your Belly At Home:
- Nail 3 Interval Workouts per Week: Doing Intervals enables you to burn 30% more calories versus boring steady-pace workouts. Plus, Intervals leave your post-workout metabolism elevated for up to 12 hours. There is no better way to crank your metabolism, energy and weight loss than intervals.
- Eat Breakfast within one hour of waking up: Many people skip breakfast because they think they are too busy or they think it helps reduce calorie intake and therefore aids weight loss. But when you skip breakfast you end up usually make bad choices and overeat at lunch or later in the day. Plus, you end up having to fuel your body with fake energy (overdoing it on the coffee, energy drinks, etc.) to power through your morning. Having a healthy breakfast within one hour of waking kick starts your metabolism, gives you energy and helps you avoid overeating later in the day.
- Become a Random Acts of Fitness Machine: There is no such thing as spot reduction so although you want to drop belly fat you can’t do a targeted workout that dials up your weight loss only in that area. But what you can do is burn additional calories throughout the day by doing Random Acts of Fitness. Here are a few examples – park further from the door at the office, grocery store or gym, take the stairs, walk around while talking on the phone, etc.
Try these 3 tips for one full week and I think you will be excited about your energy and your weight loss. And as the weeks pile up and you stay consistent, you will be losing weight and flatting your belly. NOW is Your Time!
Belly fat is an advertisement of the haphazard lifestyle and wrong eating habits we follow. Most health publications we read emphasize that belly fat has always been highlighted as a major concern area. It not only destroys your image but also increases your risk to many health ailments. Here are 3 at home tips to help lose the fat deposits around your belly…Eat, Drink and Move!
This is a popular remedy to assist with elimination of belly fat. Try this every morning to give your metabolism a boost and to get rid of that paunch. Follow this up with breakfast such as porridge and scramble eggs or poached eggs.
Most people do not have enough protein in their diet; starchy and or sugary substances often supersede this. Therefore, consider what protein food to consume with each meal i.e. eggs, steak, turkey etc.
As most of us nowadays are intolerant to wheat and choose gluten free products where possible. Include brown rice, brown bread, wholegrain, oats and quinoa in your diet.
Stay away from sweets, sweetened drinks and foods rich in oil. Consuming these foods can increase body fat around various areas of your body like abdomen and thighs.
If you want to get rid of your belly, then drink sufficient amount of water every day, at least 2litres. Drinking water, after regular intervals will help to boost your metabolism and remove toxins from your body.
During weight loss, the body has more waste to get rid of – all that metabolized fat must be shed.
With regular cardiovascular exercise, you can expend more calories that will create a greater reduction in weight. Strength training along with cardio exercise is important to change body composition and help you to continue burning calories up to 48 hours post exercise.
Have some fun with exercising when you are at home; use the commercial breaks when watching the TV to move. Choose 3 of your favorite exercises i.e. marching on the spot, pushups on the sofa and squats to the sofa and do as many rounds as possible during the break, this will get your metabolism firing. However, once weight loss is achieved, exercise is should be maintained.
THE 3 P’s
Be patient. Be persistent. Be practical, clear and realistic about your fat loss GOAL! It is going to take time to lose weight and get healthy. You didn’t gain the weight overnight and you certainly won’t lose it overnight. Living healthy and fit is a mindset and ultimately your choice. You get to choose what you eat and how much you move. Make the healthy choices and movements a habit not a chore.
Hope you will certainly try out the best ones given here. Do you know any other quickest way to flatten out your belly? Feel free to share your valuable feed back with our experts here.
Also don’t forget to checkout our video on the Top 5 Foods to reduce Belly Fat @
Latest posts by Mounika Raghavan (see all)
- 8 Yoga Mudras To Overcome Any Ailments!! - January 1, 2016
- How I Lost 60 Pounds By Healing Myself? - June 17, 2014
- 8 Yoga Exercises For Stretching Your Body - February 8, 2013
- A Complete Summer Health Guide For Diabetics - February 4, 2013
- 10 Yoga Exercises To Get Rid Of Puffy Eyes - February 2, 2013