Are you looking for an effective home remedy for an allergy? Tired of using OTC medications? Then turmeric is the best option you can go for.
It is important to treat allergies and allergic reactions properly and as quickly as possible, as they could otherwise result in a serious condition known as anaphylaxis (1). On that note, turmeric comes as a very good natural remedy for allergies.
Would you like to know more? Keep reading!
Treating Allergies With Turmeric:
Unless you are allergic to this spice, you should definitely use turmeric as a natural treatment for allergies. It is highly effective because it possesses properties that fight against the different symptoms of an allergy. Here are the ways this great spice helps in treating allergies:
- Turmeric contains a compound known as curcumin (2). This acts as a decongestant and this action in turn helps in reducing the various symptoms that come with allergies.
- This spice acts as a natural antihistamine. This means that it can effectively reduce the release of histamines in your body (3), or prevent mass cell degranulation.
- Turmeric has anti-inflammatory (4), antibacterial and analgesic properties that help in treating allergies and decreasing the symptoms that accompany them. These properties also protect you against conditions that may occur due to an allergic reaction.
- The curcumin in turmeric can be mixed with other herbs such as liquorice root and Boswellia extract to increase the efficacy of remedy for allergies. When combined, they help in relieving immunological reactions and clear allergies from your body.
- Turmeric can inhibit leukotriene naturally for allergies (5). Leukotriene is related to a particular form of allergy that is known as bronchial asthma, as well as other lung problems.
- Turmeric can be used to treat both acute and chronic allergies (6). You need to use it several times on a regular basis until you notice a decrease in the symptoms. Regular use of this spice is not a problem as you can use it in a variety of dishes.
How To Use Turmeric To Treat Allergies:
As mentioned, you can use turmeric in your daily diet to treat allergies effectively. There are also many other methods to help you treat this problem naturally:
Turmeric milk is a great natural remedy for allergies and provides relief from an itchy throat caused by this problem. Use it once every morning or night and you will find your allergy cleared in no time. You will need:
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Milk (boiled) – 1 cup
- Black pepper
- Mix the turmeric powder in boiling milk.
- Next, add the honey and pepper.
- Stir well until the ingredients are blended properly with the milk.
- Drink this mixture on an empty stomach in the morning or at night. Repeat 2 to 3 times daily to clear away the allergy.
This is a paste made with turmeric powder and a few other ingredients. It is highly effective in treating and preventing allergies. You will need:
- Ground turmeric – 1 tablespoon
- Raw honey – ¼ cup
- Raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Lemon zest – 1 teaspoon
- A pinch of black pepper (optional)
- Whisk the ground turmeric in a small bowl to get rid of any lumps and make it into a fine powder.
- Add the vinegar, honey, lemon zest and pepper and whisk or stir until you get a smooth paste.
You can store this paste in the fridge for a week or so. It is highly versatile, and you can add it to smoothies, toasts and use it as a topping on baked goods. You can also mix a tablespoon of it with warm water and drink it as a tonic or take one tablespoon every day to prevent allergies.
You can use turmeric powder as an effective natural treatment for different types of allergies and allergic reactions. It is safe and can be used in a number of ways. So the next time you get an allergy, do not rush to the drugstore; just go to your kitchen for a great remedy that works wonders!
We hope this post has helped you. Do give us your feedback by commenting in the box below.
Latest posts by Daiwik (see all)
- Why Should You Use Fractionated Coconut Oil? - September 4, 2015
- 5 Astonishing Ways Davana Essential Oil Can Benefit You - September 4, 2015
- 8 Really Effective Stretches For Runners That You Should Be Doing - September 1, 2015
- 8 Awesome Health Benefits Of Phosphorus - August 31, 2015
- The Powerful Japa Meditation – What Is It And Its Benefits - August 19, 2015