Mango is the king of fruits, so make way for the “king” in your diet as well as your beauty regime. Mangoes are rich in vitamin A and C, which are anti-cancer antioxidants. They also contain collagen which helps in making the skin smooth and taught, thus reducing pre mature ageing. It is moisturizing, has high hydration power and makes skin smooth and soft. It is suitable for all skin types.
Take a look at following mango face packs and try them at home. These face packs are simple yet very effective.
1. Hydrating Mango Face Pack:
- Take out the pulp of a ripe mango. You should be careful while removing the pulp as it should touch the skin of the mango. The skin contains some enzymes which are an irritant to the skin.
- Add 2-3 teaspoon of fuller’s earth (multani mitti) into it.
- Mix them together to obtain a smooth paste.
- Apply this pack on the face and keep it for 15 minutes.
- This face pack does not dry off like the usual face packs.
- After 15 minutes, scrub lightly using circular motions and wash off the pack with water.
You will immediately feel the difference as your face will feel soft and well hydrated.
[ Read: Neem Face Pack for Acne ]
2. Refreshing Mango Face Mask:
After a long and tiring day at work, pamper yourself with this refreshing mango face pack. This makes your face glow in an instant.
- Take the pulp of a medium sized ripe mango.
- Grind around 7-8 almonds and add to it.
- Add 2-3 teaspoons of oatmeal into it. Also add 2 teaspoons of raw milk and water.
- Finally add 3 teaspoons of fuller’s earth (multani mitti).
- Grind all of them together till you get a homogenous mixture.
- Apply this on your face and keep for 15 minutes.
- Scrub your face in circular motion and rinse off with water.
This face pack is suitable for all skin type and should be applied once or twice a week.
[ Read: Health Benefits Of Mangoes ]
3. Homemade Mango Face mask for Sensitive Skin:
Rose water is beneficial especially for sensitive skin. Rose is popularly known for its anti- inflammatory properties and is a rich source of antioxidants. It also helps in reducing the damage of sun exposure.
- Take the pulp of a ripe mango.
- Into this, add 3 teaspoon of multani mitti.
- Add 1 teaspoon of pure rose water.
- Also add 1 teaspoon of curd.
- Mix all of them together to get a smooth paste.
- Apply this all over your face and keep it for 30 minutes.
- Scrub your face gently and rinse off with cool water.
4. Face Pack For Tan Removal:
Do you know that mango can also be used to get rid of even the most stubborn tan? It also helps to reduce the blemishes and lighten the skin.
- Take the pulp of a ripe mango.
- Into this add 4 teaspoons of Bengal gram flour (besan).
- Add ground almonds and 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Mix well to get a smooth paste.
- Now gently rub over all the visible parts of your body which are tanned.
- Keep it for 15 minutes and rinse off with cool water.
You should use this pack twice a week continuously to get visible results.
[ Read: Nutrition Chart of Mango ]
5. Mango Body scrub:
- To the pulp of a ripe mango, add 2 teaspoons of raw milk and honey
[ Read: Homemade Face Packs with Honey ]
- To this add half a cup of brown sugar. Brown sugar is the best natural body exfoliater and it helps to remove dead cells completely. Moreover it is not harsh on the skin.
- Mix them together and then scrub your body gently with this body scrub.
- Rinse with Luke warm water.
You will get soft and supple skin instantly without having to spend thousands for an expensive spa session.
[ Read: Homemade Herbal Face Pack ]
Try these simple, homemade and effective mango face packs and you will surely understand why mango is called the “king of the fruits”.
Till then take care and keep it stylish!
Latest posts by Ankita Biswas (see all)
- 10 Best Leave-in Conditioners: 2018 Reviews & Guide - December 3, 2013
- Top 5 Dove Face Washes Available In India - October 25, 2013
- Top 10 Homemade Face Washes For All Skin Types - October 1, 2013
- 12 Apple Face Packs For All Skin Types - September 24, 2013
- Best Ayurvedic Hair Care Products – Our Top 8 - September 11, 2013