Are you looking for an ingredient which would cater to all your beauty needs? Well, there is one such ingredient! Lemon use for face is a perfect remedy for many skin problems. This sour little fruit is highly rich in citric acid, vitamin C, vitamin B, phosphorous and carbohydrates. The active ingredients found in lemon helps in reducing skin problems like dark spots, pigmentation, blackheads, pimples, acne and many more.
How To Use Lemon On Face
Lemon is widely used in several brands of skin brightening creams due to its citric acid content, which acts as a natural bleaching component. Check out these simple yet effective 5 lemon face packs for different skin types.
1. Lemon Face Pack for Dry Skin:
If you are suffering from dry and patchy skin, then you must try the lemon and honey face pack. Honey is a natural humectant, which attracts moisture and makes your skin soft and supple.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, half a teaspoon of honey.
- Into this, add a few drops of almond oil and stir it well.
- Dip cotton balls into this mixture and apply it all over your face.
- Keep it for 15 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
[ Read: Almond Face Pack ]
2. Lemon Face Pack for Oily Skin:
Excessive sebum production leads to an oily complexion. Lemon and multani mitti has oil absorbing properties, which also helps to lighten the skin tone.
- Mix 2 teaspoon of multani mitti (fuller’s earth) and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare the paste by adding a few drops of rose water.
- Apply the pack evenly all over your face. Rinse off with cold water once it dries.
[ Read: Lemon benefits ]
3. Lemon Face Pack for Sensitive Skin:
If you are suffering from excessive sunburn and frequent rashes, then your skin complexion is sensitive. Curd helps to soothe the inflammation and rashes in your face. Lemon lightens the skin tone.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of curd and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Add a few drops of rose water and 1-2 drops of sandalwood oil into the paste.
- Apply it evenly on the face. Keep it for 10 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
4. Lemon Face Pack for Skin Lightening:
Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C, which acts as a catalyst to reduce melanin production in the skin. Lemon is used as an active ingredient in several beauty creams for instant skin lightening. Tomato lightens the skin tone and provides elasticity to the skin. The active ingredients in tomato also reduce the appearance of fine lines and dark spots on your face.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of ground oats, half a teaspoon of tomato pulp and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Mix them well to form a paste.
- Apply this pack all over your face and keep it for 10-15 minutes before rinsing with cold water.
5. Lemon Face Pack for Acne:
If you are regularly suffering from acne and breakouts, then try the egg white and lemon face pack.
- Mix 1 egg white, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and a few drops of rose water.
- Mix them well and apply it on your face. Wash off your face with cold water once it dries.
Drinking lemon juice mixed with warm water helps to internally cleanse your body. This helps you to achieve a glowing and smooth skin. Please leave us a comment.
Latest posts by Ankita Biswas (see all)
- Best Leave-in Conditioners – Our Top 10 Picks - December 3, 2013
- 6 Types Of Meditation Techniques And Their Benefits - November 26, 2013
- Top 10 Meditation Videos For Reference - November 13, 2013
- Top 5 Dove Face Washes Available In India - October 25, 2013
- Best Ayurvedic Shampoos – Our Top 10 - October 8, 2013