When it comes to skin care, we often pay more emphasis to our face in comparison to other regions. We all wish for a healthy facial skin because it helps boost one’s confidence.
Ayurveda is the most useful and successful means for achieving this purpose. You will be amazed to find abundance of beauty secrets in the form of face masks and other mediums. They all treat and heal the dull and blemished skin to make it into a glowing and healthy skin.
Here are a few amazing ways to make a face pack for glowing skin at home.
Homemade Ayurvedic Face Packs for Glowing Skin
1. Marigold Face Pack for Glowing Skin:
Ever tried face masks with flowers?
It’s time you give it a shot. Genda or Marigold flowers are easily available. So just grab a few and make a fresh flowery paste with some raw milk and 1 tbsp. of honey. Apply this paste to your face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes before you wash it with lukewarm water.
Besides the amazing aroma, the pack also has antibacterial and antiseptic properties that heal the aggravated pimples or zits. Doing this for at least one or two times a week helps tighten the pores and leads to amazing glowing skin. This is a pefect ayurvedic face pack for oily skin.
Alternative:– You can use petals of absolute red roses in the same manner.
[ Read: Remove White Spots On Skin Naturally ]
2. Turmeric and Besan Pack:
This is the most common homemade ayurvedic face pack for glowing skin used especially during the wedding season, as it helps to enhance the to-be wedded bride’s skin.
Mix 4 tbsp. of besan to half a tbsp. of turmeric powder and make a paste. You can also add some raw milk or malai for added smoothness. Use this at least once a week, for 10-15 minutes to get bright and glowing complexion.
[ Read: Turmeric: History, How to Use & Benefits ]
- Immediately wash your face once you see the face pack cracking.
- Dry face packs should not remain on the skin for long as it can bring forth fine lines and wrinkles.
[ Read: Aloe Vera Face Packs ]
3. Chandan or Sandalwood Mask:
To make this face mask, you can use the easily available sandalwood powder instead of grabbing a sandalwood stick and rubbing it on the stone. Both the alternatives do equal justice. Regardless of what you use, mix sandalwood with some water or rose water and apply it on the face for 15 minutes and wash it off. This is among the most popular of face packs for glowing skin.
The benefits of this face mask are that it reduces pimples, enhances the glow and makes the skin soft. Use it 5-6 times a week for better results.
[ Read: Essential Face Packs For Skin Whitening ]
4. Aromatic Facemask:
You can achieve this aromatic face mask by mixing the following ingredients.
- One small tbsp. of sandal wood paste
- 2 drops of rose oil
- 1 drop of lavender oil
- 2tbsp of besan
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Mix it all with some malai or buttermilk
Ensure you leave the paste for at least 10-15 minutes and when used at least once a week, it relieves stress, thus giving your skin youthful glow.
5. Ayurvedic Scrub:
Make a scrub with 1 tbsp of fine rice flour and sandalwood powder. To it, add conch shell powder (optional –great for treating pimples), half a tbsp. of milk powder, and 1 tbsp of besan along with rose water. Use this ayurvedic scrub once or twice a week for a spa like scrubbing experience.
6. Honey and Lemon Mask:
This homemade ayurvedic face pack includes anti-oxidant and moisturizing properties, which helps you achieve clean and light skin. Take 1 tablespoon of organic honey and add 3-5 drops of fresh lemon juice and then apply on the face. Make sure to cover all areas of the face excluding the eye area. Rinse it off with clear water after 10-15 minutes. This pack will help you achieve soft, glowing skin in no time.
[ Read: Remedies For Skin Lightening ]
7. Herbal Pack:
Take some besan, a pinch of turmeric and a few drops of lemon along with raw milk or rose water to make a smooth pack. Apply on a thoroughly cleansed face and leave it for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water to get a soft, smooth, and glowing skin. It also claims to fade away the blemishes along with removing tan and dead skin cells.
- Keep your body hydrated. Drink lots of water to clear the skin from inside out.
- Avoid roaming in the sun too much. If it is necessary make sure to cover yourself properly with sunscreens and umbrellas.
- Avoid oily food.
- Follow a thorough daily skin care regimen.
[ Read: Mole Removal Remedies ]
Don’t forget to checkout our ultimate guide to beauty tips for face. Do share your tips and ideas with us in the comment section below.
- Lodhradi Skin Repair Face Pack for Blemishes
- 7 Simple Ayurvedic Beauty Tips for Your Face
- 5 Miracle Herbal Face Packs For Varied Uses
- 5 Effective Homemade Face Packs To Treat Dark Spots
Latest posts by Zinnia (see all)
- 10 Trending Nail Colors You Must Own This Winter - March 15, 2015
- 15 Effective Tips To Prevent Makeup From Melting In Hot Weather - August 9, 2014
- Beautiful Cheetah Nail Art Tutorial With Detailed Steps And Pictures - March 18, 2014
- 10 Amazing Hand Painted Nail Art Designs - February 7, 2014
- Beautiful Red And Green Nail Art Tutorial With Detailed Steps - February 7, 2014