Pimples are a constant headache. You cannot tell when you get one if you have oily skin. Using natural ingredients available in your pantry can help manage breakouts. Read this article to know more about pimple treatment for oily skin.
In This Article
Pimple Treatment For Oily Skin:
Here are some techniques of pimple treatment for oily skin at home:
1. Lemon Juice and Honey Mix:
Lemon is the best home remedy for oily skin. Lemon Juice contains Citric acid which can neutralize and control the oil secretion of oily skin. It has the capacity to reduce pimples effectively. The acid quite well works to kill the harmful acne causing bacteria along with reducing the scars. According to a study, lemons also have antibacterial abilities (2).
[ Read: Ways To Get Rid of Acne Naturally ]
- Squeeze 1 spoonful of fresh Lemon juice and take the same amount of Honey in a clean bowl. Mix them well. You will get a thick liquid paste like pack now.
- Apply it all over the face and neck after cleansing the face properly.
- Use a cotton ball to apply this mixture all over the face.
- Leave the mixture on the face for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, wash it off with cold water.
You can notice immediate pimple reduction and a bright glow on your face. Also this treatment helps to fade away the pimple marks too. This is a very simple and effective pimple treatment for oily skin. By doing this pimple treatment regularly, you can help keep the pimples at bay. After that you can do this weekly twice.
2. Besan and Curd Face Pack:
Besan is known as Bengal gram or dal flour, and it is available easily in our Indian kitchens. The same holds true for Curd as well. So, we don’t need to rush to a beauty store to get these beauty items. Besan is rich in proteins and vitamins, and curd is rich in vitamin A and C. Curd can keep the skin soft and supple with its moisturizing property (4). At the same time Besan takes out the extra greasiness of the oily skin. Another of the effective choices in the oily skin pimples treatment at home.
- Take 2 teaspoons of Besan and one teaspoon of curd. Mix this mixture with a spoon well in a clean bowl to make a thick paste.
- To this thick paste, add two drops of Lemon and a pinch of Turmeric powder.
- Mix it well to make a mixture and then apply this paste evenly on your cleansed face and neck. This face pack may take some time to dry.
- After 20 minutes to 30 minutes, apply warm water on the dried face pack to make it loose.
- Now rub gently to remove the face pack from the face and neck. By rubbing like this, your skin’s dead cells will be removed. Then splash cold water to remove the rest of the face pack.
Managing oily skin with pimples is not an easy task. However, there are a few home remedies to solve this issue. The pimple treatments for oily skin discussed here are simple, and you may find all these ingredients in your kitchen. For example, the lemon juice and honey mask contain antibacterial properties that help kill acne-causing bacteria and provide glowing skin. The besan and curd face pack moisturizes your skin and removes the extra oiliness. Hoowever, you must also try a patch test before applying these face packs to the affected area.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is aloe vera good for oily skin?
Yes, aloe vera is good for oily skin as it gets absorbs easily.
Is Multani mitti good for oily skin?
Yes, Multani mitti may help remove the excess oil and dirt from the skin. Therefore, it is good for oily skin.
Is coconut oil good for oily skin?
No. Coconut oil is comedogenic and can clog pores. Therefore, it may not suit oily and acne-prone skin.
Is rose water good for oily skin?
Yes. Using rose water may help remove excess oil and balance the pH level of the skin. Therefore, it is good for oily skin.
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. Read our editorial policy to learn more.
- A global perspective on the epidemiology of acne
- ANTIBACTERIAL ACTIVITY OF LEMON (CITRUS LEMON L.), MANDARIN (CITRUS RETICULATA L.), GRAPEFRUIT (CITRUS PARADISI L.) AND ORANGE (CITRUS SINENSIS L.) ESSENTIAL OILS
- Honey: its medicinal property and antibacterial activity
- Clinical efficacy of facial masks containing yoghurt and Opuntia humifusa Raf. (F-YOP)