We all wish to flaunt a glowing and flawless skin. However, in the current times, it is hard to achieve diva like skin because of many unavoidable reasons like environment, pollution and unhealthy foods among others.And this forces us to adopt desperate measures! Women are seen investing in so many random products hoping to have a skin free of acne, discoloration and fine wrinkles, but pretty much all the time these efforts go in vain.
It is very important for you to note that cosmetic products might damage your skin more than doing any good because of its chemical content. Instead opt for natural ingredients to heal your damaged skin and give it an ever- lasting glow and youthful look. If you are looking out for a sure-short remedies to treat different skin problems, then homemade honey face pack is the answer. It is very effective, has no side effects and has wide amount of honey beauty benefits. Given that it is one of the most widely used ingredients in various beauty treatments and products.
You can place your trust in honey with your eyes shut!
Beauty Benefits of Honey:
- Honey is a natural antioxidant; protects the skin from the damage of the sun’s rays and rejuvenates it.
- Honey has humectant qualities that helps in both attracting water and retain it, also making it an ideal moisturizing and cleansing agent.
- In medical form of honey helps in formation of collagen thereby treating scar marks.
- It has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Hence, aids in treating cuts, wounds and abrasions so as to promote healing and prevents degenerative process of the skin.
Honey treats common to complex problems and providing long term benefits.
Honey in Beauty Treatments:
[ Read: Home Remedies For Dry Skin ]
Honey as a cleanser:
People with severe acne and dry skin can use honey as a cleanser. Splash warm water and use honey like any other face wash. Massage your skin for extra minutes or leave it on for a while, then wash away and moisturize. Honey has no side effects and heals the skin faster.
You should know that honey could be left on the skin for any duration of time. Remember, exfoliate your skin before applying any pack and wash it preferably with warm water.
Honey as a scrub:
Using honey as a scrub isn’t a very complicated procedure either. Here are two methods you can try.
Pack 1: Honey with almond and lemon juice
- Mix 1 tbsp. honey with 2 tbsp. of finely ground almond and ½-teaspoon lemon juice.
- Use this scrub gently and wash with lukewarm water.
Pack 2: Honey with sea salt or sugar
- Take 3 tbsp. of honey and mix with ½ tsp. sea salt or sugar.
- Massage your face and wash it with lukewarm water.
Honey as a face wash:
Honey with milk/rose water, a little bit of sandalwood powder and turmeric powder proves to be an effective face wash.
Honey Face Packs
Honey face mask or packs as we call them can be used in combination with many ingredients to achieve different results. Below mentioned are some recipes you can try at home.
Honey as a face pack: For acne prone skin
Pack 1: Honey with lemon
This is an excellent face pack that helps in drying existing acne, and fades blemishes without being too harsh on the skin. Honey moisturizes and stops new acne from forming. First, clean your face, then apply the pack and let it sit for 20 minutes before you wash and moisturize.
Pack 2: with sandalwood powder
Prepare a face pack with honey, lemon juice and add sandalwood powder. Apply on the face for at least 30 minutes and wash it off with warm water.
Pack 3: Honey and Oats face pack
Apply a mixture of ground oats and honey and let it dry. Before washing, damp the skin and exfoliate well without being harsh on your acne prone skin. This face pack doubles as a scrub too.
[ Read: Homemade Face Packs For Acne Proven Skin ]
Honey as a face pack: For Oily skin
Pack 1: Honey with Fuller’s Earth
Mix Fuller’s Earth (Multan Mitti) and honey and apply on your face. It sucks extra oil and dries the pimples. Be sure not to let it be on for more than 20 minutes and always moisturize after washing it off.
Pack 2: Honey with chilled milk and grated cucumber
Mix honey with chilled milk and grated cucumber. Apply on face for ten minutes before rinsing it with warm water.
[ Read: Summer Face Packs For Oily Skin ]
Latest posts by Namita (see all)
- Brown Hair Color Guide – Everything You Need To Know - January 31, 2015
- Can Eating Tomatoes Help You Lose Weight? - January 28, 2015
- How To Use Tea Tree Oil To Get Rid Of Lice? - January 19, 2015
- How Many Litres Of Water Should You Drink Daily To Lose Weight? - January 14, 2015