Do you want your hair to be strong and shiny? Have you always dreamt of being the star attraction when it comes to flaunting glossy and bouncy hair? Then you can use the miraculous benefits of the great castor oil!
Hair thinning and hair fall is a common problem that both men and women experience. Some experience mild hair fall, while others experience excessive hair loss leading to balding. It is important to quickly solve the problem. Hair fall may happen due to various reasons, such as prolonged ailments, poor diet, genetics etc. Even certain prescribed medications can also trigger the issue.
Whatever might be the main culprit behind its inception, hair fall is a curable issue. Nowadays, drugstore shelves are packed with a variety of products, which claim to reverse hair loss and give you healthy and shiny hair in no time.
One such product is castor oil. Yes castor oil is one of the most effective treatments you can find!
Castor Oil for Hair Loss Prevention:
Castor oil is a thick oil derived from the seeds of castor plant, Ricinus communis that happens to be rich in omega 9 fatty acids and essential vitamins. It boasts of multiple beneficial properties, making it a recognized remedy for various disorders including constipation and hair loss.
Castor oil, which is most suitable for hair growth purpose is raw and unprocessed one. Processed oil is said to lose out its extraordinary results that are mainly due to the exclusion of natural healing properties needed for the castor oil hair treatment.
How To Use Castor Oil For Hair Loss:
- Using castor oil to prevent hair loss is a very easy as you don’t have to make a special formulation.
- Simply take some oil on your palm and work it through your hair from roots to tips in the same way apply your regular oil and massage well.
- Make sure not to use too much oil because it has thicker density and would be difficult to wash out.
- Let the oil sit in your hair for 15-20 minutes before rinsing with tepid water and shampoo.
- Alternatively, apply the oil before going to bed and leave overnight. Wash the hair next morning.
- To keep the oil staining your bed linen cover your head with a towel or any clean, cotton cloth.
- You can mix castor oil with any other stimulant oils such as peppermint before use for added effect.
Castor Oil – Removal:
Since castor oil is thick in consistency, it can be a bit challenging to rinse it off the hair. To remove it completely, you need to shampoo your locks twice using a good clarifying shampoo.
Using a conditioner on your hair 30 minutes before taking shower can help you remove the oil easily. You just need to ensure that the conditioner doesn’t come in contact with your scalp, especially if it contains silicon.
You may also want to add a little rosemary, almond or grapeseed oil to the castor oil before applying. This will lighten its consistency, making it easier to remove.
Castor Oil Benefits For Hair:
Castor oil bags the goodness of anti-oxidants, omega 9 fats and ricinoleic acid. All these ingredients make castor oil a hair growth promoter. Following are the benefits of castor oil for hair!
1. Omega 9 fats in castor oil make it a miracle discovery for hair growth. It triggers stunted hair growth and also fights back baldness and hair thinning. Omega 9 fats add strength to each hair follicle. It prevents keratin against damage that is caused due to pollution and sun. Hence, it not just promotes new hair growth, but also protects existing hair against damage and thinning.
2. Ricinoleic acid in castor oil restores the normal pH level of the scalp. It cures the problems like scalp acne and dandruff caused due to imbalanced pH level of the scalp. This directly fights back dandruff and makes hair stronger, longer, shinier and thicker.
3. Anti-oxidants present in castor oil make it an amazing treatment for hair against dullness and frizz. Anti-oxidants increase blood circulation throughout the scalp. Increased blood circulation means increased oxygen supply throughout the scalp. This makes the hair roots stronger. It naturally offers deep conditioning to hair roots, hair follicles and scalp. As a result, the hair becomes frizz free, radiant and stronger.
4. Castor oil is also an amazing therapy for adding gloss to hair. It coats each hair strand when applied. The keratin gains strength from the antioxidants present in castor oil. Hence, the hair looks glossy after wash.
5. As castor oil is rich in essential vitamins necessary for healthy and robust hair, it has long been used for treating several hair conditions including hair fall.
6. Castor oil helps in promotion of hair growth rate in more than one ways. When rubbed thoroughly into the scalp it stimulates the scalp and thus encourages circulation to the follicles, making them healthier and more inclined to produce hair.
7. When taken orally it has also been noted to have a similar effect.
8. In addition, owing to its antiseptic and anti-fungal properties, castor oil improves your scalp quality by destroying infection causing organisms and thus makes it easier to grow hair faster.
Did you know the two oils, castor oil and olive oil when combined can work benefits? They can give your hair that kind of a sheen and glow that will stay in your mind for the years to come!
Combined Benefits Of Olive Oil And Castor Oil For Hair:
Olive oil and castor oil are two nourishing hair oils that come with the goodness of anti-oxidants. Both these hair oils offer unique sets of benefits to make hair free of frizz, splits, dandruff and dullness. They offer unmatched hair benefits when the two are combined together and applied. Read on to find out those amazing benefits.
1. A combined application of these two hair oils make hair frizz free in a month of its application.
2. Olive oil and castor oil together help in controlling lice attack as well.
3. A combined application of these two hair oils guard hair against sun damage. It strengthens keratin protein in hair. As a result, hair follicles grow resistant to breakage and tangling.
4. A combined application of olive oil and castor oil works wonders for wiry and curly hair. These hair oils offer deep conditioning to all curls when applied together.
5. Olive oil and castor oil, when applied together, makes thin hair bouncy.
Castor oil and olive oil offer unmatched hair benefits that are too tempting to be overlooked. Find out the simplest way of sprucing spa like benefits from these two hair oils below!
1. Comb your hair to make it straight.
2. Heat oil (olive oil or castor oil or both) and place it in a bowl.
3. Apply the heated oil all over the scalp. Massage your scalp with circular rotation of the fingers.
4. Dab the warm oil all along the hair length to cover them from roots to tips.
5. Take a moist shower cap and cover your hair for 1 hour.
6. Remove the moist shower cap and rinse your hair with herbal shampoo.
7. Wash with lukewarm water.
This is the best way to offer spa like conditioning to hair at home.
So what are you waiting for? Start using castor oil right away to flaunt glossy, healthy and strong hair! Or use it with combination of olive oil to reap the benefits.
- 15 Amazing Benefits and Uses Of Sesame Oil
- Top 10 Best Benefits and Uses Of Cotton Seed Oil
- Top 10 Amazing Benefits and Uses Of Vegetable Oil
- 16 Amazing Benefits and Uses Of Castor Oil For Skin, Hair And Health
- Mustard Oil: History, How to Use & Benefits