Castor Oil for Hair Growth
Hair thinning and hair fall is a common problem in both men and women face. Some experience mild hair fall, while some experience excessive shedding leading to balding.
Therefore, it is very important to get the problem fixed as soon as possible. Hair fall may happen due to a bunch of reasons, such as prolonged ailments, poor diet, genetics etc. Even certain prescribed medications too can trigger the issue.
Whatever might be the main culprit behind its inception, hair fall is a curable issue. In the present day, drugstore shelves are packed with a variety of products, which claim to reverse the hair loss and give you full of healthy and shiny hair locks.
One such product is Castor oil. Yes castor oil of hair is one of the most effective treatments you can find!
Castor Oil for Hair Growth
Castor oil is a thick oil derived from the seed of castor plant Ricinus communis that happens to be rich in omega 9 fatty acids and essential vitamins. It boasts of multiple beneficial properties, making it a recognized remedy for various disorders including constipation and hair loss.
Castor oil, which is most suitable for hair growth purpose is raw and unprocessed one. Processed oil is said to lose out its extraordinary results that are mainly due to the exclusion of natural healing properties needed for the castor oil hair treatment.
Castor Oil– Usage Steps
- Using castor oil to stimulate hair growth is a very easy as you don’t have to make a special formulation.
- Simply take some oil on your palm and work it through your hair from roots to tips in the same way apply your regular oil and massage well.
- Make sure not to use too much oil because it has thicker density and would be difficult to wash out.
- Let the oil sit in your hair for 15-20 minutes before rinsing with tepid water and shampoo.
- Alternatively, apply the oil before going to bed and leave overnight. Wash the hair next morning.
- To keep the oil staining your bed linen cover your head with a towel or any clean, cotton cloth.
- You can mix castor oil with any other stimulant oils such as peppermint before use for added effect.
Castor Oil– Removal:
Since castor oil is thick in consistency, it can be a bit challenging to rinse it off the hair. To remove it completely, you need to shampoo your locks twice using a good clarifying shampoo.
Using a conditioner on your 30 minutes before taking shower can help you remove the oil easily. You just need to ensure that the conditioner doesn’t come in contact with your scalp, especially if it contains silicon.
You may also want to add a little rosemary, almond or grapeseed oil to the castor oil before putting it on. This will lighten its consistency, making it easier to remove.
Castor Oil Benefits For Hair:
Here is the list of benefits of castor oil for hair.
1. As Castor oil is rich in essential vitamins necessary for healthy and robust hair, it has long been used for treating several hair conditions including hair fall.
2. Castor oil helps in promotion of hair growth rate in more than one ways. When rubbed thoroughly into the scalp it stimulates the scalp and thus encourages circulation to the follicles, making them healthier and more inclined to produce hair.
3. When taken orally it has also been noted to have a similar effect.
4. It moisturizes your scalp from inside out and thus prevents dry, rough, brittle hair, while improving its appearance as a whole.
5. In addition, owing to its antiseptic and anti-fungal properties, castor oil improves over all scalp quality by destroying infection causing organisms and thus makes it easier for healthy, glossy tress to grow hair.