Hair thinning and hair fall is a common problem that both men and women experience. Some experience mild hair fall, while others experience excessive hair loss leading to balding.
It is very important to quickly solve the problem. Hair fall may happen due to various reasons, such as prolonged ailments, poor diet, genetics etc. Even certain prescribed medications can also trigger the issue.
Whatever might be the main culprit behind its inception, hair fall is a curable issue. Nowadays, drugstore shelves are packed with a variety of products, which claim to reverse hair loss and give you healthy and shiny hair in no time.
One such product is castor oil. Yes castor oil is one of the most effective treatments you can find!
Castor Oil for Hair Loss Prevention:
Castor oil is a thick oil derived from the seeds of castor plant, Ricinus communis that happens to be rich in omega 9 fatty acids and essential vitamins. It boasts of multiple beneficial properties, making it a recognized remedy for various disorders including constipation and hair loss.
Castor oil, which is most suitable for hair growth purpose is raw and unprocessed one. Processed oil is said to lose out its extraordinary results that are mainly due to the exclusion of natural healing properties needed for the castor oil hair treatment.
How To Use Castor Oil For Hair Loss:
- Using castor oil to prevent hair loss is a very easy as you don’t have to make a special formulation.
- Simply take some oil on your palm and work it through your hair from roots to tips in the same way apply your regular oil and massage well.
- Make sure not to use too much oil because it has thicker density and would be difficult to wash out.
- Let the oil sit in your hair for 15-20 minutes before rinsing with tepid water and shampoo.
- Alternatively, apply the oil before going to bed and leave overnight. Wash the hair next morning.
- To keep the oil staining your bed linen cover your head with a towel or any clean, cotton cloth.
- You can mix castor oil with any other stimulant oils such as peppermint before use for added effect.
Castor Oil – Removal:
Since castor oil is thick in consistency, it can be a bit challenging to rinse it off the hair. To remove it completely, you need to shampoo your locks twice using a good clarifying shampoo.
Using a conditioner on your hair 30 minutes before taking shower can help you remove the oil easily. You just need to ensure that the conditioner doesn’t come in contact with your scalp, especially if it contains silicon.
You may also want to add a little rosemary, almond or grapeseed oil to the castor oil before applying. This will lighten its consistency, making it easier to remove.
Castor Oil Benefits For Hair:
Here is the list of benefits of castor oil for hair loss control.
1. As castor oil is rich in essential vitamins necessary for healthy and robust hair, it has long been used for treating several hair conditions including hair fall.
2. Castor oil helps in promotion of hair growth rate in more than one ways. When rubbed thoroughly into the scalp it stimulates the scalp and thus encourages circulation to the follicles, making them healthier and more inclined to produce hair.
3. When taken orally it has also been noted to have a similar effect.
4. It moisturizes your scalp from inside out and thus prevents dry, rough, brittle hair, while improving its appearance as a whole.
5. In addition, owing to its antiseptic and anti-fungal properties, castor oil improves your scalp quality by destroying infection causing organisms and thus makes it easier to grow hair faster.
So what are you waiting for? Start using castor oil right away to flaunt glossy, healthy and strong hair!
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by Shaista (see all)
- 11 Amazing Health Benefits Of Honeysuckle - October 1, 2013
- 10 Best Benefits Of Lemon Juice For Skin, Hair And Health - September 19, 2013
- Top 10 Health Benefits of Orange Juice - September 13, 2013
- 9 Simple Ayurvedic Dandruff Remedies You Should Definitely Try - August 28, 2013