Our skin goes through tough stages of irritation, especially during summer. The heat and pollution during the long summer days leave our skin greasy and tired, isn’t it? Would you like to pamper your skin in summers without spending long hours at the salon? Do not forget the hefty amounts we have to shell out! Today we decided to bring to you an amazing DIY to treat pimples and oily skin in an easy way. Sounds intriguing? Then, you should give it a try as this heals your skin without causing irritation. This DIY will leave your skin refreshed with its steam technique.
This is a natural, homemade steam facial, which is super easy to do at the comfort of your home. All you have to remember is not to overdo it as it can damage your skin. You can pamper your skin once a week with this treatment. If you have severe acne and pimples, you can try it twice a week.
Here is the list of products that you need to make the natural steam facial:
- Turmeric powder
- Cinnamon pieces
- Green tea
DIY Steam Facial For Pimples And Oily Skin:
Read on to know the steps to make the steam facial that is said to prevent pimples and oily skin:
Start by thoroughly cleansing your skin with your favorite cleanser to remove the traces of makeup or dirt. Once it is thoroughly cleansed, pat dry your skin. Then, take at least ½ to 1 liter of plain water and transfer it to a large hot pan. Boil the water till it is hot.
Then, add about a teaspoon of turmeric, 3 to 4 pieces of cinnamon powder and a tablespoon of green tea to the boiling water. Now, turn off the flame.
- Green tea has multiple skin benefits. Its main property is that it helps in achieving soft, clear and glowing skin. It reduces sun damage and inflammation. It contains large portions of polyphenols, which slows down the signs of aging, helping you to maintain beautiful and healthy skin.
- Turmeric powder contains large portions of natural sulphur which acts as an antibiotic against skin infections. What can be better to heal your pimples than a strong natural antibiotic?
- Cinnamon is a great natural skin exfoliant. It works as an antiseptic, astringent, antifungal and anti-viral aid. It cleanses deeply by exfoliating the skin. It also stimulates your skin pores, so that the ingredients in the mixture reach deeper into the skin, and work effectively.
After turning off the flame, take a clean spoon and mix all the ingredients so that we can activate the natural herbs and spices. The hot water will turn bright yellow in color because of the turmeric powder, but you needn’t worry! The color indicates the proper working of the active herbs.
Now take a thick towel and place it over your head, as we don’t want the steam to escape. Please check the temperature of the water. Remember that the water shouldn’t be extremely hot as it might burn and damage your skin. Start steaming your skin.
If you have sensitive skin, I would recommend you to take the steam for about 8 to 10 minutes. But, if you have combination to oily skin, you can take the steam for a good 20 minutes. Close your eyes, relax and take the steam to get the maximum benefits.
If you find the heat uncomfortable, you can easily take breaks between steaming to relax. Once you are done, pat dry your skin. Follow it up by applying your favorite toner and moisturizer to finish the steam facial.
Try this simple, yet effective steam facial to treat pimples and fight oiliness! Leave us your feedback below in the comments section.
Latest posts by Pavai (see all)
- 10 Best Nude Eye Pencils Available In India - February 4, 2015
- 5 Simple Ways To Prevent Hair Color From Staining Skin - January 31, 2015
- 10 Must Have Products For People With Oily Skin - January 29, 2015
- 5 Tools To Apply Your Eyeliner Perfectly - January 29, 2015
- 5 Simple Ways To Lighten Facial Hair Naturally - January 29, 2015