As more and more salons come up with latest hair treatments, we’re ending up doing more harm than good. Too much styling using heat and chemicals leads to various hair issues like dryness, frizz, hair fall and less growth of hair. Several natural ingredients can help us in attaining healthier and longer hair. Garlic is one of those ingredients. Use of garlic for hair loss problems was prevalent in ancient times too when the Egyptians made use of this herb for treating several hair and skin conditions. Garlic does not only prevent acute hair loss, but it also stimulates new hair growth.
Garlic is excellent for growing new hair, as it aids in decreasing shedding of hair. By doing so, it helps to regenerate new hair follicles and removes toxins from the scalp and the hair. Garlic helps to improve blood circulation in the scalp. It enhances the texture of hair and helps controlling hair loss by strengthening or reinforcing the hair roots.
Interestingly, the more pungent aroma of the garlic, the more useful it is due to the high sulfur content. Sulfur happens to be a prime structural part of many amino acids like keratin, which is the main component of the hair. Use of garlic for hair loss, therefore, helps to fortify the condition of hair naturally. In addition to keratin and sulfur, garlic contains other important nutrients such as Vitamin E, Vitamin C, and selenium. All these ingredients contribute to hair growth significantly.
Effects Of Garlic For Hair Growth
- Garlic, also known as the “Wonder Drug,” is highly enriched with medicinal and ameliorate properties.
- It is enriched with compounds like calcium, zinc and various other minerals.
- Its properties of killing germs and bacteria help in fighting against various bacterial infections.
- The compound known as selenium present in garlic helps in curing the cancerous cells and stimulates the flow of hemoglobin in the body.
- Garlic assists in attaining excellent hair growth and helps in preventing hair fall.
- It helps in aiding the growth of hair follicles and eliminates harmful substances from the scalp.
- Garlic helps improve the texture of your hair and strengthens the roots.
- The compound allicin present in garlic helps in increasing the circulation of hemoglobin towards the scalp, thus minimizing hair fall to a great extent.
- The properties of garlic help in treating the affected scalp and dandruff.
- The compound sulfur minimizes the seriousness of dandruff and also prevents it from returning.
- Garlic is highly enriched with copper which helps in hair growth. Copper helps in making hair strong and thick.
- Raw garlic is highly enriched with Vitamin C, which is great for the health of your hair.
- Garlic also contains iron which aids blood flow to the hair follicles.
- Garlic provides nourishment to the scalp and the hair follicles. The nourishment of scalp is often obstructed due to the presence of DHT, and sometimes due to improper diet. Garlic helps to efficiently eliminate that deficiency.
- Garlic also helps to kill parasites that largely affect the scalp.
- Garlic is an effective treatment for itchy scalp. It helps to remove toxins and impurities from the scalp, and therefore helps to keep the scalp clean and healthy.
How To Use Garlic For Hair Growth
- Product Supplement: The easiest way to utilize the many benefits of garlic is to add it to your shampoo or conditioner. It is, however, recommended that garlic be used in either of these ways only twice a month, as over usage can cause aridness of hair and scalp. Since honey is a natural conditioner, you can add it along with the garlic. This will help smooth hair as well as reduce the smell of garlic. Another alternative is to add some ginger along with garlic to eliminate the odor. The properties and minerals present in ginger provide nourishment and also help attain beautiful and healthy hair.
- Garlic Natural Oil: Natural oil made of garlic is immensely beneficial. In addition to its hair loss attributes, garlic oil comes to serve a plenty of health benefits. Nevertheless, garlic oil is generally not derived from garlic. Other oils such as olive oil or sweet almond oil are mixed for added taste. Besides, the sweet aroma of olive or sweet almond also helps to cover the pungent smell of the garlic.
To prepare garlic natural oil, you need to chop the garlic finely. Soak these garlic pieces for a week or two in olive or sweet almond oil. Refrigerate the concoction in order to prevent it from becoming rancid. However, you can buy the garlic infusion oil right from the store if you do not want to prepare it at home.
The oil should be applied on the hair and scalp and left overnight. Wash it off the next day.
[Read:Benefits Of Garlic Oil]
- Garlic Infused Coconut Oil: To prevent white hair, add a few slices of garlic along with some black pepper granules to coconut oil. Heat this up and let it cool. Apply regularly for a span of a few days on your hair and scalp.
- Raw Garlic: The aromatic spice can be crushed, and the juice can be directly applied to the scalp and strands of hair. The juice can be applied either at night or morning as per your convenience. Keep this on for a few minutes. Wash off properly with a good shampoo or a conditioner.
- Deep Conditioning: Another useful method of applying garlic is to infuse it with the deep conditioners.
- Garlic Pills: Several odorless garlic pills are available for preventing hair loss. These tablets are available at all local drugstores. Therefore, you can easily purchase them. The tablets are generally for oral consumption. An ideal dosage of the pill is one pill a day. One should not extend the direct consumption more than a month.
With a little effort and some time, it’s easy to ensure our hair is healthy, strong, thick and beautiful. Have you tried the garlic hair growth technique yet? Or do you have some other secret ingredient? Do let us know in the comments.
Latest posts by Shruti Goenka (see all)
- Does Metformin Help You Lose Weight? - March 24, 2014
- Create Your Own Maybelline Makeup Kit With These 10 Amazing Products - March 18, 2014
- Top 5 Ayurvedic Products For Increasing Height – Works Wonders - March 15, 2014
- 10 Pictures Of Emma Stone Without Makeup - March 15, 2014