You haven’t experienced stress till you have faced hair loss.
That feeling of losing hair in clumps kills the spirit and joy in a person. This stress makes us turn towards both chemical and herbal remedies. Out of so many options, we are often unsure of which one is the most reliable
Fear not, Stylecraze is here to help.
Avoid chemical hair treatments as their harshness can further damage the hair. Opt for gentler and nourishing herbal or natural DIY treatments.Here’s a simple and easy to prepare DIY hair growth treatment recipe that will not only inhibit hair loss but also promote new hair growth. It will give you healthy and shiny mane that you have always desired.
DIY Hair Growth Treatment
What You Will Need
- Almond Oil – 40 ml
- Coconut Oil – 40 ml
- Castor Oil – 10 ml
- Aroma Magic Stimulate Oil – 5 ml
- Aroma Magic Lavender Oil – 5ml
- Vitamin E capsules – 3 capsules
This will make a 100 ml mixture. You will also require an empty bottle for storing it and a measuring cap to take the required quantities. Always remember to store this concoction in a cool, dark area. Only application is not enough; you need to massage and do a hot oil treatment to reap maximum benefits
I have used the following (you may use brands you prefer):
- DivyaBadam Rogan Almond Oil (from Baba Ramdev’sPatanjali)
- PatanjaliTejus 100% Pure Coconut Oil
- Castor oil from a local brand,
- Evion Capsules (Vitamin E)
The two oils mentioned from Aroma Magic.
[ Read: Vitamin E ]
How To Prepare The DIY Hair Growth Oil
1. Mix the quantities as mentioned above of Almond, Coconut and Castor oil.
2. Add 5ml each of Stimulate Oil and Lavender Oil.
3. Squeeze 3 Vitamin E capsules in the mixture.
4. Shake the mixture well and store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
How To Use This Natural Therapy For Hair Growth
Massage your entire scalp and hair for about 10 minutes on alternative days. You can also make use of an electric massager for complete coverage of the shaft. You can use the parachute advanced therapy massager.
Leave overnight and rinse it with a good, gentler shampoo. Shampoos loaded with sulfates may erode hair follicles or strip hair’s natural oil leading to more hair fall.
To avoid the harshness of excessive chemicals in shampoos, consider the following products:
- Body Shop Rainforest Shine Shampoo
- Soul Tree
- Rustic Art shampoo
- Organic Surge
- Biotique’s range of shampoos and conditioners
[ Read: Dietary Modifications For Hair Growth ]
Results Of The DIY Treatment
I am happy to say that this worked well for me.
Image of me before Use:
Image of me after six months of Use:
You would notice that my hairline that was previously receding, now looks much better. This therapy made the hair stronger and thicker, leading to less or no hair fall.
Supplement this therapy with plenty of water consumption (at least 3 liters every day) and keep your scalp clean by cleansing it with shampooing at least thrice a week.
[ Read: 3 Phases Of Hair Growth Cycle ]
I am sure that this beauty tip for hair growth will facilitate hair regrowth so that your hair glows with good health!
Additional Hair Regrowth Treatments
1. Honey-Egg Hair Pack
Honey-egg hair pack is an excellent hair regrowth tip. Applying this hair pack at least twice a week will not only generate fast hair regrowth but also give your hair extra shine and bounce. This hair pack is excellent to offer the hair a bouncy appearance that looks healthy overall. To make this hair pack, you would require:
- One egg yolk
- One tablespoon honey
- One tablespoon olive oil
- One tablespoon vodka or cognac
Prepare a mixture of all these ingredients and mix them well. Apply this pack on the scalp and hair and massage gently from the roots to the tips. Leave the pack for an hour and wash off with a lot of cold water. Use a gentle shampoo to remove the smell of egg and vodka.
[ Read: Ayurvedic Treatment for Hair Regrowth ]
2. Dietary Recommendations
Watching your diet for hair growth is important. Eating right and healthy will not only help in improving the quality of your hair but will also promote hair growth, especially keratin.
- Include lots of protein and vitamin-based foods in your diet.
- Make sure you eat foods like eggs, chicken, cottage cheese, tofu, wheat germ juice, green leafy vegetables, carrots, apples, orange juice, amla juice and mangoes, among others.
Food is most the important aspect in setting the parameters of hair regrowth. Sometimes, you can make vast improvement by only changing what you eat. When it comes to changes in the diet, you need to pick healthy foods. It is popular that a protein rich diet makes the best improvement in growing hair fast. However, avoid the protein foods that are excessively oily or high in calories. Instead of the complex cooked foods, choose simple proteins that are easy to digest.
We understand that hair loss can be really depressing. It can also cause a social stigma on a lot of people, affect confidence and one’s overall personality. So take good care of your hair and pamper it every once in a while. Watch what you eat and follow a routine lifestyle. Try meditation and exercise regularly to decrease stress.
[ Read: Oil for Dry Hair ]
3. Learn How To Comb Your Hair
Massive hair fall is often a result of improper combing. Therefore, firstly and most importantly you need to learn how to comb your hair. Pick up a good-quality brush for this purpose. Do not put overstress on the scalp. Comb from the roots to the tips and comb generously. Combing your hair offers a good massage to the scalp. This would enhance the blood circulation of the scalp and would be able to generate hair growth directly thereby. So, comb for two minutes at a stretch and repeat the process two times a day.
[ Read: Diet for Hair Growth ]
4. Oil Treatment Of Hair
A warm oil treatment always proves to be useful for generating hair growth. Many fail to make time for a hot oil massage due to a busy schedule, but it is important. Olive oil, coconut oil, and castor oil are very effective for hair growth. You can combine all these oils for added benefit and massage gently on the scalp and hair.
- Take some coconut oil, olive oil, or castor oil.
- Warm it a little.
- Take a cotton ball.
- Oil your scalp using the cotton ball dipped in lukewarm oil.
- Leave it for at least an hour.
- Massage your hair thoroughly and wash off.
5. Jojoba oil
Jojoba oil is a liquid wax ester that acts as a stimulator and prevents dryness. These properties of the oil prevent your hair from becoming too brittle. When your hair is stronger and less brittle, it automatically prevents hair loss. It also cleanses the pores – giving space and allowing new hair strands to grow.
- For best results, apply jojoba oil and leave it overnight.
- Wash off your hair normally the next morning.
6. Coconut Oil/Milk
Coconut oil is used widely used for hair massage and conditioning. It penetrates through our hair strands and promotes hair growth.
- Massage lukewarm coconut oil on your scalp
- You can also use coconut milk instead of oil
- Leave it for 6 to 8 hours
- Wash your hair off with a gentle shampoo for best results.
[Read:Coconut Benefits For Skin]
7. Aloe Vera
This magical medicinal plant is nothing short of nature’s miracle. Aloe Vera has varied benefits for hair. Besides being a conditioning agent that helps to eliminate dandruff, it also helps in hair growth.
- Drinking aloe vera juice, half an hour before each meal, can help in hair regrowth.
- You can also massage your scalp with aloe vera juice. Its anti-fungal and antibacterial properties prevent any infection that can hinder the hair regrowth process.
[Read : Benefits of Aloevera]
Benefits Of Hair Regrowth Procedures
There are multiple benefits of hair regrowth. The most important ones are the following.
- You can flaunt your old looks. No matter how you had lost hair, growing your hair again means you can have that old look forever.
- The natural therapies for regrowing hair are convenient because you can practice them at home. The methods are inexpensive and easily adaptable.
- Most of the natural hair regrowth therapies do not include side effects. Therefore, you can try these methods safely and confidently.