5 Natural Hair Growth Treatments That Actually Work
It doesn’t matter what your age is, your hair falling and thinning out is never a welcome feeling!
Hair fall is associated with a number of reactions which is direct reflection of lack in confidence not just in women but in men also. The causes are numerous. Lets take a breif look at that before we get into the treatment options.
Causes of hair fall:
1.Hypothyroidism: This is a hormonal deficit that occurs due to an under active thyroid gland. This hormone is responsible for all basal body functions including hair and nail growth. The lack of this can lead to imbalances and hair fall.
2. Iron deficiency anemia: The lack of oxygen in the body effects a lot of functions of the body along with hair growth. The deficiency in iron can lead to reduced oxygen circulation which can result in hair loss also.
3. Hereditary hair loss: This also known as androgenic alopecia. This kind is usually passed down from the parents to the child. But it reflects stronger if both the parents suffered from hair loss.
4. Telogen effluvium: This is a phenomenon where the hair moves from the growing phase to the resting phase sooner than normal due to certain medication in the likes of anti-depressants, beta blockers etc. This mostly observed during your daily showers or combing and styling routine.
5. Lupus: This is chronic autoimmune disease that forces the immune system to attack the healthy tissues in the body. It can be mild with some loss during combing or it can even lead severe loss i patches with rashes on the scalp along with the other symptoms.
6. Alopecia areata: This is an auto immune disorder in which the hair follicles are directly attacked causing hair loss.
7. Stress: Stress is a factor that causes many ailments along with hair loss and breakage too. Avoid stress and if that is not possible then make sure you engage in activities that reduces your stress levels.
8. Excessive styling: Heat and chemicals, this is something you should not expose your hair to too much individauly or in combination. Too much f either of them can cause damage, dryness, frizz, breakage, dullness and worse.
There are a number of natural hair growth treatments which if religiously followed can treat falling and thinning hair very well. They are also helpful for curing and re-growing hair on bald patches.
Here are top 5 treatments for hair growth that you can try at your home’s comfort but remember that these require generous follow ups without which you will hardly notice any improvement.
Hair growth treatments:
1. Castor Oil Treatment:
As far as home treatment for hair growth goes, caster oil is one of the most beneficial oils that can make your hair grow faster, stronger and lustrous. It is claimed to be the best natural treatment for hair growth. It is known to boost hair growth while reducing the possible bald patches too. Follow up and regular use is absolutely essential to say the least.
You can make a hot oil massage treatment with indirectly warmed up castor oil and use it on clean scalp for least 20 minutes before going to shower. Massage it well. Wrap up your hair in a warm moist towel and keep it on for 20 minutes. Castor oil is very sticky, so you can add a little lemon juice to it which will make it a bit smooth and also eradicate dandruff problems on your scalp.
2. Egg Yolk Hair Growth Mask:
Egg yolk hair growth treatment at home may be smelly but they are rich in proteins that are great for hair growth. Eggs also have several nutritive fatty acids which are beneficial for hair growth. It doesn’t only condition your hair but also helps in the treatment for hair growth. Olive oil also is greatly rich in nutrients and can help in hair growth. Egg mask should always be made with olive oil since these two go best in balancing amounts to give your hair good strength. These two ingredients otherwise also are the best home treatments for hair growth.
Make a hair pack of half a cup of olive oil and 2 or 3 eggs’ yolk beaten up properly into a paste. Use it on a clean scalp. Do not massage too much but use like a pack on the hair targeting the roots. Leave on for 15-20 minutes. Wear a plastic cap to stop it from dripping.
Wash off with a mild shampoo, To avoid the smelliness of eggs, you can use a hair perfume on to strands only ( not the roots ) like Quoco.
3. Hair Growth Treatment Tonic With Rosemary:
Rosemary is an exotic herb which is used in several kinds of cuisines. It also has herbal properties which are helpful in hair growth. You can boil 2 tbsp of rosemary leaves which are available in spices shops in dried form and strain the mixture when you think it has taken out full juices of the rosemary leaves. Apply this mixture on to dry clean scalp preferably after taking a bath. You don’t need to wash it off. Leave it on as it is like a watery solution. It will not make your hair feel sticky. This can definitely contribute to new hair growth.
Here is an excellent article on how Rosemary helps in hair growth.
4. Onion Juice Treatment:
Onion contains a good amount of sulphur which contributes to its pungent smell. This sulphur is great for hair growth. You can use onion paste and honey along with it in the proportions of 1 cup onion paste mixed with half a cup of onion to make a paste. You can use this paste on the hair. Keep for 20 minutes and wash off. The onion shreds may stick to your hair strands, so you have to be careful and may need to increase the quantity of honey because honey will help you comb out your hair smoothly after washing. If you have dry hair, then you need to increase the quantity of honey in it. Read more on how Onion helps hair growth here.
5. Grow Hair Faster With Vit E:
Vit E oil hair treatment mask can be of great use for growing hair faster .You can buy Vit E capsules or buy tablets and break them or ground them into powder and mix up with any of essential and pure oils like jojoba, rosemary or even pure virgin almond oil. You can use this on to the scalp and massage gently. Too much massaging is not required; rather you should leave the oil on overnight so that the Vit E can get soaked into the roots of the hairs. In the morning you can shampoo off the oil. Repeat this process and your hair will grow faster and stronger .If you want to grow hair faster then use it 3 times a week to 4 times a week. If you want to grow hair on bald patches then you should increase it to a minimum of 5 times each week.
Just follow these natural hair growth treatments at home regularly for best results.