It is summer, and as you’re getting ready to show off your flip-flops and sandals, one thing to keep in mind before you step out in your ‘opens’ is to make sure your feet are in absolute great shape. If your heels aren’t in perfect shape, sadly, there’s not much a lovely pair of summery flip-flops would be able to do.
Home Remedies For Cracked Heels:
Here is our list of 10 simple home remedies that will help soothe and makeover your cracked heels, and let you step out in style. Read,on how to heal cracked heels for more!
1. Lemon, Salt, Glycerine, Rose Water Foot Mask:
One of the first steps towards having a pair of beautiful feet is to heal them, and that is why this foot mask is absolutely perfect home remedy for cracked heels.
- Take a basin of warm water in which you’ll be dipping your feet and add raw salt, lemon juice, glycerine and rose water. Soak in your feet for about 15-20 minutes in this water.
- Using a pumice stone or foot scrubber, scrub your heels and sides of the feet.
- Take 1tsp undiluted glycerine, 1 tsp rose water and 1tsp lemon juice and after mixing, apply over your cracked heels. Since this will be a sticky mixture, you can wear a pair of socks and leave on overnight.
- Wash off with lukewarm water in the morning.
- Repeat for a few days till heels are soft and healed.
2. Vegetable Oil:
Dry skin on the heels is one of the foremost reasons behind the cracking. This home remedy for dry skin helps combat this problem.
- After washing your feet and cleaning and drying them up completely, apply a layer of vegetable oil on the cracked parts of your feet.
- Wear a pair of thick socks and leave overnight.
- In the morning, wash off and repeat for a few days to get smooth and healed feet.
3. Banana or Banana and Avocado Foot Mask:
- Take the pulp of a ripe banana and apply over cracked parts of the heel and feet.
- Keep on for about 10 minutes and wash off.
You can also create a foot mask at home using a ripe banana and avocado.
- Take a ripe banana and half an avocado, or the flesh of half a coconut (green coconut). Blend everything in a blender together.
- Apply this thick creamy paste over your heels and feet.
As avocados and coconut are rich in several essential oils and vitamins and fats, this paste will help treat cracked heels and keep them soft and moisturised.