10 Simple Home Remedies For Cracked Heels
It is Summer, and as you’re getting ready to show off your flip-flops and sandals, one thing to keep in mind before you step out in your ‘opens’ is to make sure your feet are in absolute great shape. If your heels aren’t in perfect shape, sadly, there’s not much a lovely pair of summery flip-flops would be able to do.
Home Remedies for how to cure cracked heels:
Here is our list of 10 simple home remedies that will help soothe and makeover your cracked heels, and let you step out in style. Read, on how to heal cracked heels for more!
1. Lemon, salt, glycerine, rose water foot mask:
One of the first steps towards having a pair of beautiful feet is to heal them, and that is why this foot mask is absolutely perfect home remedy for cracked heels.
- Take a basin of warm water in which you’ll be dipping your feet and add raw salt, lemon juice, glycerine and rose water. Soak in your feet for about 15-20 minutes in this water.
- Using a pumice stone or foot scrubber, scrub your heels and sides of the feet.
- Take 1tsp undiluted glycerine, 1 tsp rose water and 1tsp lemon juice and after mixing, apply over your cracked heels. Since this will be a sticky mixture, you can wear a pair of socks and leave on overnight.
- Wash off with lukewarm water in the morning.
- Repeat for a few days till heels are soft and healed.
2. Vegetable oil:
Dry skin on the heels is one of the foremost reasons behind the cracking. This home remedy for dry skin helps combat this problem.
- After washing your feet and cleaning and drying them up completely, apply a layer of vegetable oil on the cracked parts of your feet.
- Wear a pair of thick socks and leave overnight.
- In the morning, wash off and repeat for a few days to get smooth and healed feet.
3. Banana along with banana and avocado foot mask:
- Take the pulp of a ripe banana and apply over cracked parts of the heel and feet.
- Keep on for about 10 minutes and wash off.
You can also create a foot mask at home using a ripe banana and avocado.
- Take a ripe banana and half an avocado, or the flesh of half a coconut (green coconut). Blend everything in a blender together.
- Apply this thick creamy paste over your heels and feet.
As avocados and coconut are rich in several essential oils and vitamins and fats, this paste will help treat cracked heels and keep them soft and moisturised.
4. Vaseline and lemon juice:
- Clean and dry your heels. Once all the dirt is out, soak your feet in warm water for about 15-20 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
- Take 1tsp Vaseline and the juice of a lemon. Rub this mixture over your heels and other cracked parts of the foot. Rub this in nicely, till it gets absorbed in the skin.
- Apply this mixture before going to bed and keep on overnight, wearing a pair of woollen socks, as these socks help trap body heat and increase the effectiveness of the mixture.
- Wash off in the morning.
[ Read: Cracked Heels Causes ]
5. Paraffin Wax:
This is an especially good treatment if you have really cracked and painful heels.
- Take some paraffin wax and mix it with mustard oil or coconut oil.
- Heat the mixture in a pan till the wax melts properly. Allow this to cool at room temperature and once it’s cool, apply over your feet. To get the best results, apply before going to bed and cover with a pair of socks.
- Wash off properly in the morning.
Honey is great to moisturise your feet and has great antibacterial properties.
- Mix one cup of honey to half a bucket of warm water.
- Soak your feet for about 15-20 minutes.
- Scrub off gently for soft and supple feet.
7. Rice Flour:
Make this scrub that’s great for scrubbing your feet.
- Take 2-3 tbsps of ground rice and add a few spoons of honey and apple cider vinegar to make a thick paste.
- If your heels are extremely dry and cracked, add a spoon of olive oil or sweet almond oil.
- Soak your feet in warm water for 10 minutes and gently scrub it with this paste to remove dead skin from your feet.
8. Olive oil:
Virgin olive oil is one of the most natural ways to get smooth soft healthy heels.
- Apply some extra virgin olive oil with the help of a cotton ball and gently massage your feet in a circular motion for 10-15 minutes.
- Wear a pair of thick cotton socks and wash off after an hour.
- Next, take 1 tbsp olive oil, a few drops of lemon oil or lavender oil in a small bottle and add an equal amount of water to it. mix it properly to get a thick solution.
- Apply this homemade foot cream on your feet a few times in the day and also overnight.
Take 1 tbsp powdered oatmeal and some jojoba oil to make a thick paste.
- Apply this over your feet, especially well over the heels and any cracked parts.
- Leave this on your heels for about half an hour and rinse off with cold water.Pat dry.
Do this every alternate day to remove all cracks.
10. Sesame oil:
- Apply sesame oil on your heels and any cracked parts each night before going to bed. This is a great cracked heels solution for feet.
- Massage well till it mixes in the skin.
Do this every night to get rid of cracks and have beautiful smooth heels.