Everyone loves a head full of thick and healthy hair. Unfortunately, out of ten, eight people suffer from one or the other type of hair problem. One may experience uncontrollable hair loss due to many reasons. Some of the top reasons for hair loss include ageing, medication, stress, hormonal imbalance, improper diet, over use of hair styling products, and genetics. Regardless of the reason of hair loss, yoga is highly capable of treating all types of hair and scalp problems. If you have been suffering from the problem of jhair loss, you can try various yoga poses for actual results. Here are some of the best poses of yoga for hair growth that also help to prevent hair loss.
Top 10 Poses of Yoga for Hair Growth:
Let us read through the following yoga asanas for hair growth so as to acquire knowledge on what yogasana for hair growth works.
1. Thunderbolt Pose Or Vajrasana:
The posture thunderbolt is also known as diamond pose. It enhances the supply of energy and blood to the upper part of our body. Sit on the knees while resting the back on your heels. Place the palms on the thighs, facing downwards. Keep the back straight, inhale, and exhale deeply. Sit in this position for two minutes at a stretch.
2. Downward Facing Dog Pose Or Adho Mukha Svanasana:Downward facing dog pose is an ideal stress buster. It helps in stimulating the flow of blood to the head, and thereby helps hair re-growth. Stand on the mat with the feet flat. Keep the hands on either side of the body while facing the palms towards the thighs. Bring the body downwards slowly, while bringing the palms to the ground. Tuck your tummy in and inhale deeply. Hold this position for a minute and come back to the earlier position while exhaling.
[ Read: Hair growth ]
3. Shoulder Stand Pose Or Sarvangasana:
This is one of the easiest postures that you can try for hair growth. Performing shoulder stand or sarvangasana helps fostering blood circulation to the head. Lie down on your back, and lift the legs from the floor to make a ninety-degree angle. Exhale and raise your waist simultaneously while pushing the legs backward beyond the head.
4. Standing Forward Bend Pose Or Uttanasana:
To perform this yoga posture, stand erect. Inhale deeply and bend forward in such a way so that your palms touch the ground. Stay in this position for thirty seconds and come up.
[ Read: Yoga ]
5. Camel pose or Ustrasana:
Camel pose or ustrasana is excellent for rejuvenating the hair blood cells. Baba Ramdev, who is a popular yoga guru in India, advises this yoga for hair growth. To perform this, sit on your knees on a mat and keep the hands on the waist with the thumbs behind. Lift up your body and hold the feet with your hands. Hold the position for thirty seconds for best results.
[ Read: Matsyasana ]
6. Rubbing Nails Posture Or Balayam Yoga:
Rubbing nails posture is the easiest yoga you can practice anytime. To do this, curl your fingers of the both hands inwards to the palms. Bring all the nails in contact with each other and start rubbing them generously. Try this posture for two minutes at a stretch.
7. Rabbit Pose Or Sasangasana:
Sit on your knees on a mat, and keep the hips on the heels. Now, put both your hands on the back and try to hold the heels. Place the top of the head on the floor and slowly lift up the hips. Hold the position for two minutes, and restore to earlier position.
[ Read: Camel pose ]
8. Fish Pose Or Matsyasana:
Another beneficial yoga pose for hair growth, fish pose is also easy to practice. Lie down straight on your back with the hands at the back of your thighs. Put pressure on the elbows and pull the stomach portion upwards. Hold this position for thirty seconds and come down.
9. Raised Feet Pose Or Uttanpadasana:
Raise feet or uttanapadasana is not same as uttanasana. In this posture, you do need to push your legs backward, and do not need to lift the hips as well. Keep your legs raised to create a ninety degree with the floor.
[ Read: Standing Forward Bend Pose Benefits ]
10. Deep Breathing Or Kapalbhati:
Another invention by Guru Ramdev, kapalbhati is just like meditation. It is a breathing exercise that, over a period of time, treats a number of ailments. Sit erect on the floor with your legs crossed before you. Breathe in deeply and start exhaling the air in quick, short bursts (you should be making a puffing sound as you exhale). Keep repeating this, and as and when you exhale, draw in your abdominal muscles.
[ Read: Shilpa Shetty Yoga For Weight Loss ]
Hope you got an idea on the perfect yoga asanas for hair growth and their way of practice. So, are you going to include them in your daily routine for faster hair growth. Do let us know your thoughts through comments.
Latest posts by Shruti Goenka (see all)
- Does Metformin Help You Lose Weight? - March 24, 2014
- Create Your Own Maybelline Makeup Kit With These 10 Amazing Products - March 18, 2014
- Top 5 Ayurvedic Products For Increasing Height – Works Wonders - March 15, 2014
- 10 Pictures Of Emma Stone Without Makeup - March 15, 2014
- 6 Main Causes Of Hair Loss In Children - March 15, 2014