Unwanted facial hair is not as ugly a thing as one thinks. What matters most is what resides inside one’s head.
Pretty philosophical, isn’t it? Alright, alright! Let me come to the point.
Unwanted facial hair might be irritating to some. And if you happen to be one of those people, then chances are you would have surfed a lot on the web to know how to get rid of it. If that’s the case – then hey, I have some very good news for you!
This post talks about the causes of unwanted facial hair, and how you can prepare the wonder wax that helps get rid of it right at your home! To know more, keep reading!
What Are The Causes Of Unwanted Facial Hair?
There are certain factors that cause unwanted facial hair in women. They are:
- Excessive production of androgens (male hormones) in the body.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), a condition in which a woman has an imbalance of female sex hormones.
Other causes of unwanted facial hair in women include tumor or cancer of the ovary or the adrenal gland, and use of certain medicines like testosterone, phenytoin, cyclosporine, danazol, and anabolic steroids.
Now is the time to go ahead and check out how to make the ultimate hair removal wax – the following video will show how you can bid adieu to those unwelcome stretches of hair; and that too, in the comfort of your home!
How To Make Hair Removal Wax At Home:
Now let’s begin the preparation process of wax for hair removal at home:
Required Ingredients :
– 250 ml granulated sugar
– 250 ml honey
– 125 ml lemon juice
- Take a medium to heavy sauce pan and add sugar to it. Simmer until the sugar begins to melt.
- Add honey and lemon juice to the melted sugar and stir the mixture slowly with a wooden spoon. Continue stirring till the mixture has attained a consistency of pancake batter.
- The mixture at this point of time will be very hot. Make sure you let it cool before using it.
- The home made hair removal wax is now ready. Before you begin with the process of waxing, make sure you check the length of the hair you want to remove.
If you have short hair, the wax will not pull out your hair from its roots. On the other hand, longer hair might make the process of waxing more painful.
- Cut out thick strips of cloth and keep them ready before you begin with the waxing process. In case you don’t have the strips ready, you can create some from an old cotton or linen shirt.
- It is important to make sure that your skin isn’t oily or doesn’t contain moisture. To achieve this, dust the area with baby powder before applying wax. This will help the wax to stick to your hair and making the entire process more effective and less painful.
- Use a spatula or a wooden tongue depressor to apply the wax the way you desired. One important point to be taken care of is the direction in which you apply the wax. Make sure you apply the wax in the direction of hair growth.
- Take the strip of cloth and press it onto the wax. Smooth your fingers over it in the direction of hair growth. Slightly pull up the bottom of the strip and check if the wax has stuck to your skin completely. Once done, wait for the wax to cool down completely.
- Hold your skin tight, and pull off the strip in one go. Make sure you pull off the strip in the direction opposite to that of your hair growth. Do this very quickly, and at a shallow angle.
And Bingo! There you have – a flawless, glowing and smooth skin!
Now you know how to make hair removal wax at home! Do share your experience with us in the comments section.
- 6 Effective Ways To Remove White Facial Hair
- 14 Hair Removal Methods For Facial Hair
- Home Remedies And Tips For Unwanted Facial Hair
Latest posts by Ravi Teja Tadimalla (see all)
- Valerian Root Might Treat Anxiety And Insomnia – But Research Reveals Something More - April 9, 2018
- Foods That Make You Poop Immediately – 25 Best Foods For Constipation Relief - January 16, 2018
- 57 Ways To Lose Weight Forever, According To Science - April 26, 2017
- Worried About Alzheimer’s? Have Coconut Oil Twice A Day For Two Months. - April 24, 2017
- 16 Powerful Fennel Tea Benefits You Must Know - April 18, 2017