Picture this. You go to a party and try to resist all the good food around. You succeed mostly but then a helping of extra cheese or that delicious dessert piece cannot be prevented! The next time you check your weight it hits you that it hasn’t really budged much. That is when the guilt kicks in. Everyone has been there. Every woman desires to lose weight and look beautiful but temptation and laziness always gets in the way.
Obesity is a common problem; it is a chronic disease like diabetes and heart ailments because it is really difficult to cure obesity. The dangerous part is obesity leads to many other health complications, so it has to stop anyhow. Blame all amazing restaurants, junk food joints and ice cream parlours with their lip-smacking food for this situation. This problem has gotten even worse now. It is getting equally common in adults as in kids. Though you hear every third person asking you to lose weight you still don’t seem to pay heed to it.
Reason: Reducing weight has always been a challenging issue. It takes a lot to give up bad habits after all. It took me 2 years to realize that I MUST stop eating and start losing weight.
To find out whether you suffer from obesity or not, read the following. As an obese person (that is, if you are one), you will definitely have one or more of the following experiences:
- You might not be very comfortable wearing tight fitted clothes as it shows off your extra fat.
- You tend to lose your confidence. When you meet new people, also when your relatives or friends advise you to lose weight which is a bit embarrassing and reduces your level of confidence even more.
- Health related problems – If you’re not fit, you would indeed come across health-related common problems like strokes, diabetes or blood pressure.
- Pigmentation – Obese people are often found to have pigmentation on their face or body. This is due to improper nutrients intake and junk food they consume.
- Improper menstruation cycle – Obesity is a very common reason behind improper menstrual cycle and delayed pregnancy in obese women.
Scary as these indicators may sound, there sure is a sigh of relief. Losing weight sure is difficult, but not as difficult as you think it to be. With a conscious effort, you can lose weight easily.
How to Lose Weight in 10 Days at Home:
For starters, here is a 10 days’ routine for you. It demonstrates what you should be eating, at what time and in what quantities:
Breakfast (within 9 am)
Lunch (within 1.30 pm)
Evening intake( by 5)
Dinner (within 9)
|Day 1||Hot lime juice with honey||Oats or protein meal*||Small cup of rice + 3 different steamed vegetables (avoid potatoes) + 1 or 2 chapattis||Green tea without sugar||Small cup of sprouts (or) fiber content fruits||2 to 3 chapattis(numbers depend on your intake but not more than 3)|
|Day 4||Hot lime juice with honey (or) green tea without sugar||Protein meal*||1 medium cup of wheat rice + 1 chapati+Steamed veg or veg salad|
|A cup of veg salad +2 chapattis||A cup of veg salad+2 chapattis|
|Day 7||Green tea||Protein meal*||1 medium cup of wheat rice (or)2 chapattis + 1 cup of raw veg salad|
|A small cup of sprouts(or)A small cup of fiber containing fruits||Protein meal*|
Protein meal*- a protein meal can be sprouts which are rich in protein (or) shakes made with soy proteins.
[ Read: How To Lose Weight At Home ]
Quick Recipe for Homemade Protein Shake:
Ingredients you need:
- 120 ml of skimmed milk
- 120 ml of soy milk
- 3 spoons of oat meal
- Cardamom or vanilla essence
Add 120 ml of skimmed milk, 120 ml of soy milk, 3 spoons of oat meal and 1 drop of vanilla essence or 2 cardamoms into a blender together.
Blend the mixture for 60 seconds and drink it immediately.
This is the most commonly followed recipe of protein shake. However, you can try and explore other options as well. The idea is to intake protein. Now how you do it, we leave that up to you.
Curious about how this works? For your better understanding, we have illustrated all the details of that 10-day calendar below.
1. Hot lime water with honey (or) Green tea when consumed on an empty stomach, regulates metabolism. Hence they help in reducing weight. This makes it necessary to consume it as a part of the weight loss program.
2. Consuming oats or protein meal instead of dosa or idly or your regular other breakfast helps control and reduce your calories intake. Again, these food items make for a healthy and nutritious breakfast. At the same time, they are good source of proteins which enhance weight loss. Protein helps keeping you full for longer. This helps control your untimely hunger pangs.
3. The first three days’ calendar requires you to make moderate changes to your normal routine. There is a reason behind this. It’s difficult to change your eating habit drastically overnight. Hence, it is necessary to slowly minimize the food consumed and so we do over a period of 3 days. Since day one is when you start up with your weight loss program, having a cup of rice along with chapatti will reduce your hunger, fulfill your carbs craving to some extent. The three different steamed vegetables will give you extra fullness with low calories.
4. After three days, the food consumption is further reduced where rice is substituted with wheat rice. Wheat rice is an excellent source of fiber. This fiber helps in weight reduction and it simultaneously gives fullness. The quantity of chapatti is also reduced to one. Vegetables are an essential part of a healthy diet and hence they are added more in quantity.
5. Now is the time to reduce your food consumption even more. So you either have wheat rice or 2 chapattis. At this stage, your body gets used to this type of eating habit where less food is consumed.
6. These same eating habits are also followed for dinner time where the food consumption is reduced day by day.
7. Consuming sprouts or fruits as an evening snack helps to prevent food craving and also gives you fullness in a healthier way. This is said to enhance weight loss tremendously. Apart from the diet, exercise plays a vital role in weight reduction program. Go in for simple exercises like skipping or walking. When it comes to skipping, start with minimum 50 jumps and gradually increase it by 30 jumps every day. It is also really important to follow the water therapy (discussed at length below). Without proper water intake, your weight loss will not be easy at all!
Include these additional tips in your weight loss program for 10 days and see the results for yourself.
1. Increase Water Intake (the water therapy):
Water is a very important factor in any weight reduction program. Consumption of water cleanses the toxins from the body in the form of urine. Drink about 4 to 5 liters of water every day.
Different bodies have different requirements of water. A simple way to track how many liters of water your body needs in a day is to divide your weight by 20. The result you will get from this equation will give you the liters of water you must consume every day. For example: If you weigh 70 kilos, then dividing it by 20 gives 3.5 as result. So you must drink a minimum of 3.5 liters of water every single day. This is an essential step for weight loss in 10 days.
2. Green Tea Instead of Coffee or Tea:
Drinking a cup of hot green tea every morning on an empty stomach can cleanse the toxins in your body. It can also help reduce the problem of constipation. Green tea has low calories and starting your day with it instead of tea or coffee is very good tip for weight loss.
3. Hot Water with Lemon and Honey:
Hot water with lemon and honey is a great trick for losing weight. To make:
- Mix a spoon of lime juice and half a spoon of honey to hot or lukewarm water.
- Drink this every morning on an empty stomach to aid your weight loss in 10 days.
4. Reduce the Intake of Carbohydrates:
Rice contains a lot of calories and carbohydrates in it. Reducing the intake of rice can reduce weight to a great extent. A lot of people in India (South Indians) start their day with a dosa or an idly. These dishes are primarily made from rice. Some people also have this for their dinner. If you want to lose weight, it is essential to reduce these carbohydrates intake ta a great extent.
5. Increase Protein Intake:
Protein is a muscle builder that can effectively reduce the fat in our body. It can also convert the loose fat into muscles. Increase the intake of protein and replace carbohydrates food with protein food.
6. Increase Fiber Intake:
Having food with soluble fibers is a great way to reduce weight. Consuming foods that contain soluble fibers will shed the weight by reducing the bad cholesterol in your body. Soluble fibers dissolve in water and form a gel like substance inside the body which slows down digestion. Food with soluble fibers keeps your stomach full for a longer time and this prevents overeating. It keeps weight under control, the slow stomach emptying helps to check blood sugar levels and this has a positive impact on insulin sensitivity. Soluble fibers control diabetes effectively. Soluble fibers are kind to your heart, it reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and strokes by preventing the absorption of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol. This is bad cholesterol that blocks the blood vessels and result in heart attacks. Soluble fibers don’t interfere with the absorption of dietary cholesterol that is good for health. After all not all cholesterol cause harm!
Incorporate oatmeal, lentils, apples, oranges, pears, oat bran, strawberries, nuts, flaxseeds, beans, dried peas, blueberries, psyllium, cucumbers, celery and carrots. You can make several delicious dishes with this combination, so that you don’t have to compromise on taste while losing weight.
7. Avoid the Problem of Constipation:
Constipation can delay weight reduction process a lot. This is because the toxic and waste components are not flushed out from your body. Make sure you keep your system clean and toxin-free.
Drink lots of water and juices. Also have food rich in fiber like apples, oats and green vegetables. You can have banana or ripe papaya; it is rich in vitamins and is a natural laxative. You can have medicines, but sticking to organic fiber rich foods is the best idea.
8. Avoid Junk Food:
Want to lose weight in 10 days? Avoid junk food completely! Junk foods like pizza, burgers, sausages, etc. do not contain any nutritive value. All they offer is fat and added weight. Junk food is the most common factor for putting on weight. Steer clear of these items.
Processed food and fast food are delicious no doubt, it is good to have it once in a while but don’t make it a weekly habit. Junk food can trigger stomach and liver disease due to contamination. Stomach problems will reduce weight, but is that a healthy way to lose weight. Losing weight should be a planned effort, it is best to follow a scientific approach for balanced weight loss.
9. Soy Protein:
This protein is a plant-derived protein and helps in weight reduction as its low in fat. Adding the right amount of soy protein to your diet can help you reduce weight further.
You can use soy nuggets, soy granules, miso, tempeh and tofu for cooking. Soy products have all the essential amino acids are less in calorie. No doubt soy milk and tofu have become so popular. You can include tofu in salads and stews, that are great on taste and also controls your weight.
10. Protein Meal Twice a Day:
A meal that is rich in protein can promote weight loss enormously. So it’s necessary to consume a protein rich meal at least twice a day. Preferably have it for your breakfast and dinner. It can either be protein shakes or salads that are rich in protein.
11. Consume Calorie-less Food:
The trick to losing weight in ten days is to consume calorie-less food to reduce weight. Add boiled food to your diet and avoid foods that are sweet, rich in fats or fried.
12. Get Rid of Food Craving:
Food craving is very common and an uncontrollable factor among obese people. Never consume snacks or food when you have food craving sensation. Instead, drink plenty of water to avoid it.
Binge eating is quite common. We don’t realize what strong signals from the brain provoke us to have food full of empty calories. You have to analyze what is driving you towards these unhealthy foods that are your favorite. Once you know the reason behind binge eating then only you can stop it. For instance, you are depressed and you want to divert your mind so you order for a pizza with extra cheese which will make you feel good. Here is where we make mistakes, instead of ordering the pizza you could have talked to friend and expressed your anxiety; this would have helped to cheer you up better than a pizza!
Do you know why you binge eat? Or why you ordered that pizza? When you have your favorite pizza or candy, your brain releases dopamine and endorphins that lifts your mood instantly. You want to eat more sugary and fatty foods, this leads to unnecessary increase in weight. It is like a vicious cycle, that you have to break it with your willpower. You have to motivate yourself to ditch the junk food and switch over to healthy options. Healthy foods are also delicious; all you have to be is an innovative cook!
13. Prefer Sprouts to Snacks:
Boiled sprouts are rich in nutrients and have fewer calories. They can be consumed twice a day for brunch or in the evening time 2 hours before dinner. They provide you better nutrients than any other snack. Plus they aid your weight loss.
14. Not More than 3 Meals a Day:
Never consume more than 3 proper meals a day. And most importantly, only the meal for your lunch can be heavy; whereas your breakfast and dinner should always be light. This is one of the most important tip on how to lose weight in 10 days naturally list.
15. Proper Exercise:
Working out is very important to lose weight and the simple equation to stay fit is: Proper diet + work out =FIT. You need not necessarily hit a gym to work out. You can start it at home with simple exercises like sit ups or skipping for about 10 -15 minutes a day. You can also go for morning or evening walks and jogging.
16. Consume Fruits with High Water Content and Less Calories:
Fruits and vegetables like water melon, cucumber, and papaya have very less calories. They can be consumed for brunch or in the evening as salads as they make you full. These fruits are best suited for weight loss as they have more water and lesser calories.
17. Avoid Carbonized Drinks:
Any carbonized drinks or beverage must be avoided during a weight loss program. Instead of these carbonized drinks, try and have lime juice, green tea or tender coconut water.
18. Keep a Count of Your BMI and BMR:
Check your body metabolic index (BMI) and body metabolic rate (BMR). This gives you the amount of calories you should consume and the amount of calories that are burnt in your body – giving you a better clarity of your body system.
19. Avoid Red Meat:
Red meat is highly dangerous as it not only leads to obesity but also diseases like cancer. So avoid it at all costs during your weight loss program and otherwise also.
20. Avoid the Three White Poisons – Rice, Sugar, Salt:
Rice, sugar and salt MUST be avoided in your diet to the extent possible. You cannot totally avoid these but you sure can control their consumption quantity.
21. Prefer Salads for Juices:
Liquid foods like juices get digested quickly whereas salads stay in your body for about 6 hours, making you feel fuller for long. Consume salads instead of juices but do not add bananas, pineapple, jack fruit or any other calorie rich fruits to your salad.
22. Maintain Your Sugar Level:
It is necessary to maintain your sugar level at 140. If your sugar level shoots up more than 140, your pancreas produces more amount of insulin to convert the sugar into fat. This happens each time you consume food. So in order to control this, you should consume foods that maintain your sugar level.
23. Never Skip Your Meals:
When you skip your meal thinking that you might lose weight, you actually gain weight. This is because the hunger stays in your body and the next time you consume food, you end up consuming twice the quantity. This is also another important tip for you to abate the worry on how to lose weight in 10 days naturally.
24. Reduce Your Food Consumption to 1/3 of What You Consume Now:
It is clear that the food that you are consuming now leads to obesity. So you will have to reduce this quantity to one third. If your hunger still persists, consume fiber-rich fruits or vegetables as your dessert.
25. Do It Now:
Last but not the least, do not postpone! Some get tempted by food or have no time to start the weight loss program. Remember that it’s now or never. Start your weight loss program and strictly stick to your diet.
[ Read: Simple Tips To Lose Weight In 1 Week ]
Points To Remember For Healthy Weight Loss:
The main culprit behind obesity is fatty and sugary foods, and those who market such products. These fast foods contain chemicals that destroy the brain’s sensation of flavour known as senomyx. Also following extreme crash diets is also not good. You to lose weight in a balanced way! Here are some tips you should keep in mind:
- The idea that exercise depletes vital nutrients in the body is a myth. In fact, just the opposite happens exercise helps the blood to carry oxygen and nutrients to different parts of the body. So it is not necessary to drink the commercial sports or energy drinks. Avoid sports drink with HCFS as it prevents the body from producing human growth hormone. Water blended with salt or baking soda will help to maintain the electrolyte balance. You can drink tender coconut water. Go natural to shed fat.
- Cut both soda and diet soda from your list. Diet sodas have artificial sugars that make it less sweet than normal sodas and soft drinks. Don’t think you are having less calories or sugar if you are having diet coke, it is still unhealthy.
- Like it is important what you eat, it is also important when you eat. Plan your meals beforehand and have it at a fixed time.
- Avoid packaged fruit juice, especially if your body has no insulin resistance. If you are drinking freshly squeezed juice, have it in moderation. Fructose is a strict no for those who sincerely want to lose weight. Instead have whole fruits.
- Eat organic vegetables free of preservatives and pesticides. No canned foods.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking, it not only increases weight it harms both lungs and liver.
You must make a special note of the fact that the tips shared here are extremely simple. They are quite practical in their approach and easy to follow. These tips, when followed religiously, will earn the desired results within 10 days only – something that most other weight loss programs with drastic and radical changes don’t. Just stick to these natural methods you will discover the new fitter you soon. Stay fit, stay healthy!
Experts Tips To Lose Weight in 10 Days:
Now start shedding those extra kilos, have well toned and desirable shape! All you require is to know the right diet plan, tips and weight loss ideas. Here are the best weight loss tips we received from the World’s renowned fitness experts on an expert roundup.
1. Cut out all soda pop and only drink water and herbal tea for beverages
2. Cut out all salt and sugar!
3. Get a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio every day. Sweat
Astrid Swan McGuire: www.astridswanmcguire.com
1. Rebounding – stimulates your lymphatic system, flushes toxins, burns fat and helps with digestion.
68% more effective than running to lose weight!
Try 15 minutes/day for 10 days.
2. Himalayan salt baths… This is = a 2 day detox + reduces inflammation and water retention. Add 1-2 cups of salt to a hot bath.
If you can’t take a bath, try a hot sauna – sweat!
3. Try Foam Rolling – to increase circulation, smooth out thick, bulky, dense areas of the body and reduce stress and calm your nervous system!
4. Drink 1/4 cup coconut H2O + 1/2 squeezed lemon + cayenne pepper to taste + 16 oz of water…2xs/day – it will de-bloat, stimulate your metabolism and make you less hungry!
Lauren Roxburgh: www.laurenroxburgh.com
[ Read: Simple Exercises To Reduce Belly Fat ]
1. Breathe before reaching for food:
Weight gain is generally a result of giving in to cravings, which come from our emotions, fears or lack of love. By taking a few breaths before eating, you can ask yourself what you’re REALLY craving. More times than not it will be things like peace, connection, a hug or simply some water.
2. Appreciate your body:
Some of my clients have lost up to 6 pounds in a week simply by developing a new relationship with their body. Appreciating it is like appreciating part of yourself, and sends positive signals to your cells, which in turn will start functioning better and more efficiently, leading to health and weight loss.
3. Face the truth of your current situation:
Write down the current habits and excuses that are holding you back as well as all the emotions you hold regarding your weight (ex anger, fear, guilt, sadness).
Feelings are held within the body as energy and lead to weight gain. They also affect our habits and behaviors.
Many of my clients have lost weight simply by acknowledging the truth and by bringing their current choices to their awareness.
Will Pike: www.willpike.co.uk
1. Decrease your consumption of refined carbohydrates and replace with more protein and healthy fats.
2. When working out, use shorter bouts of high intensity exercise (i.e., 10 min of on and off sprints) more frequently than long, slow exercises (i.e., steady pace treadmill running).
3. Make sure you are getting plenty of quality sleep at night (at least 7 hours, preferably
Hayden William Courtland: www.scienceforfitness.com
1. Cut out starchy carbohydrate foods e.g., sugars, starches, pastry and bread of all kinds. FRESH FRUIT IS FINE
2. Eat a large, raw vegetable salad each day and a serving of animal protein four times a week.
3. Stop any excessive water-drinking.
Steve Maxwell: www.maxwellsc.com
1. Get enough sleep: So much is dependent on how much sleep you get every night; hormone levels, stress, decision making abilities, general mood, and appetite.
2. Don’t expect miracles: It’s common to want to meet your goals as quickly as possible. With weight loss, the slow and steady path is always the long term winner.
3. Pay Attention: Are you actually hungry when you eat? Do you stop eating before you feel over stuffed? Are you eating mindlessly while you watch TV.
Amber Ellison Walker: www.ithinkicanfitness.com
1. Drink MORE water
2. Eat LESS (all about creating a calorie deficit – eating a little less than what your body needs – you can do this by eating a little less, and moving a little more – I prefer doing a combo of both)
3. Move MORE (starting with the 1% solution – just 15 minutes per day – we all have 15 minutes!)
Dai Manuel: www.daimanuel.com
1. Drinks tons of water!
2. Do some high intensity interval workouts- like Kathy G’s Tread Tabata. More bang for your buck and you get an after burn that keeps burning long after you have left the gym.
3. Eat clean! No processed foods. Fruit and veggies and lean protein only!
Kathy Glabicky: www.treadtabata.com
-Keep Moving! This doesn’t necessarily always mean working out in a scheduled exercise routine. But moving throughout the day, such as walking, cleaning house, standing and running errands burns extra calories throughout the day. Research is now showing that those who move frequently throughout the day have been weight loss success and easily maintain goals.
-Increase Your Vegetable & Fruit Consumption! Not only is food medicine, but India is stacked with nutrient-powered fruits and vegetables such as mangosteen, pomegranates and okra. Research continuously shows that high plant-based diets not only decrease the risk of heart disease, but are slimmer in nature.
-Make a Plan! Challenging yourself to lose weight in 10 days, is beneficial for a challenge, but this is the ideal time to make a lifestyle plan. Large weightloss pursuits take time, patience and perseverance. Most large gains come from lifestyle changes, so this is the time to recognized your faults or negative habits – without judgement!
Elizabeth Kovar: www.elizabethkovar.com
1. Pick protein and veggies!! Stay far from sugar and carbs. Start your day with eggs, salad for lunch and fish or chicken for dinner with veggies. Nuts and fruit for two snacks! Clean eating is the best way to loose weight.
2. One of my Fit Chef Katy Top 10 Pitfalls is that “Liquor makes you thicker!!! ” So avoid all sips. Plus other liquid calories like smoothies, juicing and sports drinks are wasted sugar calories. I’m sure you’re not drinking soda by now so I don’t have to mention that. Try sparkling water with fruit and herbs, kim bucks, plain tea or coffee and lots of water!!
3. Add plyometrics and sprints to your workout. Jump squats, mountain climbers or burpees plus 100 yard sprints to bring on the fat burn. You may feel a bit winded but that means its working. Try 10 reps of each plus a sprint and repeat that circuit 5 times! If you need more ideas look for my Fit Chef Katy channel on the Pear Sports App
Katy Clark: www.fitchefkaty.com
1. Stay away from any food man made! This goes for anything in a package or something that isn’t fresh. Try to eat lots of vegetables and lean proteins (fish, chicken, egg whites, beans…) Take it back to the basics and you will see results – extra water will help too! Put in the goods and flush out the bad stuff.
2. CUT THE SUGAR AND BOOZE – it’s only 10 days you can do it. Check for hidden sugar in things like salad dressing, drinks and sauces- this is typically the HARDEST for my clients so it deserves its own reminder
3. Strength training 3 times per week and 30-60 minutes of cardio everyday – the more you jiggle now the less you will later. Fight to get tight!
Jaime Mcfaden: www.wheybyj.com
When it comes to losing weight or maintaining a healthy weight, women and even men have asked me what the key is for years.
1. If you only have 10 days and you want to get quick results, you may opt for an organic juice cleanse for 3 days to shock your body and boost your metabolism. This will be like a reboot to your system.
2. After the juice cleanse, drink plenty of water (room temperature is best as drinking iced water can be harsh for the digestive system) with a few slices of lemon, limes, (and in the summer you can add sliced cucumbers) to keep body hydrated, your skin radiant and to keep your stomach filled. Also, most often than not, when you feel the sensation of being hungry it can be thirst. Have an 8oz glass of lemon water before eating any food, wait 10 minutes, and if still hungry, eat your food. Leave at least two hours or more in between intakes of food so your body can have time to digest. Notes: Make sure the lemon water is homemade, lemonade sold in stores is packed with sugar. Also, when making your own lemon water, make sure you do not add any sugar.
3. Last tip is mindfulness and discipline. Most people eat out of boredom or anxiety. If you find yourself bored, play your favorite music and start dancing, if you are at work, try going for a short walk during your break. Also, stay active; remember that exercise is important to maintaining a healthy weight. Think of you calories as banking… You don’t spend the money you don’t have so you don’t bounce your account, same analogy goes for food. Don’t eat calories you won’t burn through the day. Eat as many calories as your body burns to maintain weight, and eat lower amount for weight loss (consult a professional if you need guidance).
When you prepare your meals, make sure that for lunch and dinner, the bulk of your plate comes from greens and vegetables (1/2 your plate), the other ½ would be a ¼ lean protein and ¼ carbs (if you are active) , include a little bit of and healthy fats (olive oil, avocado for example).
For breakfast, try making a smoothie with plain yogurt, (plain is the best way to go because it has the smallest amount of sugar) with 1 piece of fruit of your choice and protein. If you are still hungry, try a handful of nuts (size of your palm), sliced apple w/almond or peanut butter, 2 scrambled eggs (can be mixed with some veggies). Keep your sugar intake minimized, if any at all. Keep your fruit intake to 3 pieces a day (fruits have sugar, even though it’s natural sugar and it’s less harmful than processed sugar). Remember that processed sugar and processed foods will leave your stomach feeling empty, leading your to eat more when unnecessary. Read labels, know what you are putting in your body. If you can’t pronounce the ingredients, and if it’s an endless list, you may be better off eating something closer to nature. The less processed the better. The closer to nature, the more nourishing it’ll be and the more satisfied you’ll be.
Victoria Garcia Drago: www.pura-yoga.com
1. Eat right and train right – exercising while eating a balanced diet can boost weight loss. Exercise not only makes you feel great but will make you look great too.
2. Get into a routine – A healthy routine with a balanced diet will make your weight loss goal much more achievable. Not only that but it will make your journey sustainable. Too many people lose weight (and too quickly) only to find the weigh coming back on.
3. Make sure your home is well stocked – Wandering around the house aimlessly looking for something to chew on? Make sure your house is always stocked full of fruit and snacks like raisins (or whatever you enjoy snacking on). If you don’t have it in the house you’ll be tempted to grab that bag of crisps or biscuit and everyone has those in!
Paul Stainthorpe: www.fatherfitness.co.uk
1. Reduce consumption of ‘empty’ calories for instance biscuits, fizzy drinks, processed foods.
2. Get active daily – walk, run, cycle, swim, dance, play sport etc. Make exercise fun and challenge yourself to get out of your comfort zone.
3. Drink more water and also eat smaller portions 4-6 times throughout the day - use smaller plates, dishes etc.
Matt Swierzysnki: www.mattswaz.co.uk
1. Set small, reachable goals rather than a quick fix. You can realistically lose .5-2 pounds of fat per week. Fat loss and weight loss are not the same thing. Many diets that promote rapid weight loss factor in the loss of muscle mass and water as well. Ideally you can lose 2 pounds of fat at most in 10 days.
2. Track your food in a notebook. Write down everything you eat in a given day even if it is just one or two bites. Visually seeing what you are eating is very eye opening and it can help you pinpoint where any extra calories are coming from.
3. Increase your water intake and eat plenty of leafy green vegetables. Doing this will help you feel fuller faster and will also promote good digestion.
Kellie Davis: www.motherfitness.com
1. ban white bread, pasta and sugar (read labels) and eat green veggies in abundance.
2. drink plenty of water; add lemon wedges and mint leaves to it
3. Manage stress levels; by resting and getting adequate amounts of sleep (6 hours), I encourage yoga weekly & 30 minutes of movement/exercise daily
Lisa Marie Kinder: www.lisakinder.com
1. Plan and write down your meals. This will help you keep on track and allow you to monitor the amount of food and beverages you are in taking. The cleaner and healthier you eat the better and quicker you will see results.
2. Get moving. The best way to lose weight and lose it rapidly is to burn more calories. If you can do a jog for 15 minutes, go for it and add an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
You get out what you put in. So boost the cardio more doing an activity you enjoy and begin to create a lifestyle.
3. Get enough sleep! Sleep affects your metabolism and weight. If you have chronic sleep deprivation it may cause weight gain by affecting the way your body processes and stores carbohydrates, and by altering levels of hormones this affect your appetite. So it’s imperative to get proper sleep and feel rejuvenated for the next day ahead.
Nicole Chaplin: www.nicolechaplin.com
1. Clean up your diet. Eliminate all grains, processed foods and sugar. Limit salt intake to mineral dense salts like Himalayan Pink Salt and enhance foods with herbs and spices instead of condiments. Focus on 4 oz of wild or grass fed protein at each meal, eat water rich and fiber packed vegetables to cleanse the colon and include at least a tbsp of healthy fats at each meal. (i.e.: coconut oil, avocado or raw nuts) If you are looking to kick your weight loss into overdrive, replace 1-2 meals with a #bewellsmoothie.
2. Timing is everything. Drink water (1/2 your body weight in oz) in between the meals to properly cleanse and hydrate without interfering with the digestion. Strive to maintain a least a 4 hour window between meals for proper digestion and a surge in human growth hormone that will whittle your middle. Shoot to have a full 12 hour fast between dinner and breakfast, this will ensure your organs are getting the chance to detox appropriately and speed up weight loss. Aim for at least 8 quality hours of sleep in a cool, silent, blacked out room.
3. Get Sweaty. Yoga, weight training, sprints or an infrared sauna will work. Sweating is one of the four ways our body can detox (poop, pee, breath and sweat). When we get moving or sweat in a sauna, our body naturally works to regulates us back to normal. This effort allows our whole body to detox, burning hundreds of calories but more importantly, increasing our heart rate and breathing. Aim to sweat at least once a day and mix it up to naturally increase your bodies ability to sweat and avoid a plateau. Sweat is sexy!
be WELL. be BEAUTIFUL. be YOU.
Kelly LeVeque: www.bewellbykelly.com
1. Portion Control- being able to visualize portion sizes is an important diet tool. If you understand what a portion really looks like you will be able to monitor how much you are consuming. Here are some helpful tips.
- 1 cup cooked rice, pasta, etc= 1 baseball
- 1 medium fruit= 1 baseball
- 1 cup fresh fruit/vegetables= 1 baseball
- 3 oz. meat/poultry= deck of cards
- 3 oz, grilled/baked fish= check book
- 2 tbs peanut butter or hummus= 1 golf ball
- 1 oz. cheese= 3 stacked dice
- 1 cup yogurt= 1 baseball
- 1 tbs dressing= 1 poker chip
- 1 cup strawberries= about 12
- 1 cup carrots= about 12 baby
- ¼ cup almonds= about 24
- 1 tsp oil= size of tip of thumb
2. Clean eating- foods we purchase daily are filled with added preservatives and sugars. Refined sugars are a diet disaster. It is important to limit processed foods. Aim to eat foods that contain less than 6 ingredients. Try not to eat things that have sugar as one of the top 4 ingredients. This can be written as sugar, corn syrup, fructose, and many other names. Stick to whole foods like fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains such as quinoa, barley, and brown rice.
3. Small frequent meals- It is important to not let yourself get hungry. In order to keep your energy up and your metabolism going you need to eat about every 4 hours. When your body goes too long without food it starts to protect itself by storing calories and fat when you do finally eat. Not letting yourself get too hungry will also prevent you from eating too much during meals. Keep with 5-6 small meals throughout the day.
Alex Curtis: alexcurtiswellness.com
Let me start by saying the weight that is first dropped is water weight (bloat).
1. Eat clean and only whole foods. Eat your proteins, carbs, and fats, but make sure they are un processed. When it comes to carbs, whole grains are great!
2. Exercise at least 5 days out of the 7 in a week. DON’T BE AFRAID TO LIFT HEAVY, but always make sure it is what your body can handle. Listen to your body!
3. Drink lots of water!! Water will help flush your body, and of course keep you hydrated!!
Lisa Bargstadt: www.lisabargstadt.com
1. Do the least amount possible. That way you’ll be successful. For example, instead of saying, “I’ll do 30 minutes of exercise today,” then giving up when you don’t do it, say, “I’ll do 5 minutes of exercise.” You can certainly find 5 minutes.
2. Be realistic. If you gained 50 pounds over several years, plan to lose it at the same rate. So in 10 days, you should aim to lose 2 pounds. That way you’ll be successful.
3. Think of 3 foods you like, but don’t LOVE. Cut those portions in half for all 10 days.
Alexandra Williams: www.funandfit.org
Whilst I prefer not to focus on unsustainable and rapid weight loss, the three elements that I recommend my clients focus on for their holiday shape are as follows:
1. Nutrition & Hydration – the body is 70% composed of water, and it’s involved in almost every systemic function – ensuring the appropriate level of hydration prior to your workout lifts your training efficiency, and enables your body to make full use of its fuel for your session. Eliminating refined sugars, going low-GI, opting for a diet rich in lean proteins, pursuing healthy fats (think avocados, olive oil, and fish) & eating little-and-often through the day are the best way to regulate sugar levels.
2. Training – appropriate and correct training is crucial. A plan that’s tailor-made to suit your body’s strengths and weaknesses isn’t a luxury but a necessity, otherwise injury will follow, which could really ruin holiday! Rest days are allowed so long as they’re complemented by intense on-days of maximal dedication. Compound exercises will help to burn more calories by involving more muscle groups.
3. Sleep – to facilitate the best recovery, repair and mental alertness, get 7.5 hours a night where possible.
1. Aim to get 8 hours of sleep every night
2. Eat nurturing, wholesome, filling foods
3. Do lots of twisting poses for Detox, along with strength building Poses to build more muscle which burns more fat.
Heidi Kristoffer: www.heidiyoga.com
1. Cut out ALL starchy carbs and fruit – it’s almost impossible to lose any kind of significant (more then 3-5 lbs) FAT in 10 days, but you CAN lose a pretty decent amount of weight coming from water, carbs and salt. Starchy carbs hold about three times their weight in water, so if you have 100 grams of carbs from breads that means an extra 300 grams of water you will hold on too! So for 10 days, only veggies, no fruit and no breads!
2. Cut out all salt besides what’s naturally in food. This is somewhat obvious, but a major player in water retention is salt intake. And generally speaking, most people consume too much salt in their diets, while dropping salt intake down, shoot for 100 oz’s of water per day if you are under 160 and 140 oz’s per day if your over 160. Dropping the salt and increasing water will cause your body to drastically reduce any extra water it may be holding onto.
3. Perform 2-4 short “tabata” style work outs (20 seconds on, 10 seconds off for 8 rounds) throughout the day. Don’t worry about making it really difficult, just get up and move your booty. Good movements are basic body weight movements like – planks, jump squats, ground touch jump squats, pushups, air squats, lateral lunges, back ward lunges, forward lunges, squat thrusts, burpees, etc. Mix the movements up! Don’t think you have to perform the same movement for all 8 rounds.
Bonus tip!!! Fix your posture! This won’t actually cause you to lose any weight (it may though) but standing with better posture makes you look thinner. A great, simple posture exercise is to think about pulling your belly button to your spine while squeezing your glutes. Your abs and butt should be about 20% tight, while your doing that, think about pulling your shoulders back together.”
Jamie Crowe: www.kdrfitness.com
1. Drink a full glass of water before starting each meal. You will most likely reduce the amount of calories you eat during that meal.
2. When sitting down to a meal, it should be made up of at last half vegetables(lunch and dinner, usually more fruit at breakfast time). Eat the vegetables first along with the lean protein and THEN eat the carbohydrate portion of the meal, but only if you’re still hungry. If you’re not still hungry, then don’t eat it. The starch/carbohydrate usually contains more calories than the other components in the meal, so saving it till last helps to cut unnecessary calories as most people are not still hungry by the time they finish everything else.
3. When you get a craving for something that you probably should not have while trying to lose weight, brush your teeth. It sounds silly but think about it; things do not taste as good when you have that minty, just brushed taste in your mouth. It will help to fend off cravings.
Shelly Eichas: www.exceedphysicalculture.com
[ Read: Simple Ways To Lose Weight From Thighs ]
1. Do a juice fast for 7 days, then introduce 1 protein shake per day into your diet for the final 3-days.
2. Reduce your carbohydrate intake to a bare minimum, just eat primarily lean protein sources, and vegetables for 10 days.
3. Do 60 to 90 minutes of moderate intensity cardio exercise for 10 days in a row.
Michael George: www.michaelgeorge.com
1. Start keeping a food journal. Today 90% of the population uses some version of a smart phone that gives us the opportunity to download various apps. Two food apps that I recommend playing around with are “lose it” or “my fitness pal.”As we have all heard a million times “Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym.” Becoming aware of what you are putting in your body throughout the day is your first step at creating a long lasting program that will help you trim down your waist and start losing weight on the scale.
2. Plan Ahead. You know that feeling where you are ravenous and will eat just about anything in sight in order to make your stomach stop growling? Make sure you are consuming an adequate amount of protein and vegetables throughout the day by incorporating them in every snack and every meal. This will keep your blood sugar balanced and avoid the urge for your mid afternoon sweet treat. Pack snacks, plan ahead, and focus on giving your body nutrients/energy opposed to the first thing you see in a deli.
3. Keep your workout efficient and wear a heart rate monitor. If your goals are to lose weight you need to train entirely different then if you are trying to improve your endurance. So why would you leave it as a guessing game if you have a set goal that you want to achieve? My all time favorite model is the “Polar FT 60 Heart Rate Monitor.” My suggestion is to use this tool to aid in an interval training circuit 3x a week followed by cardio intervals. Get off the machines and incorporate stability exercises as well as full body movements into your workouts. This will not only help you improve your stability, strength, endurance, but also target your deep intrinsic muscles that support your core. You will then kill two birds with one stone getting in your strength and cardio training in one shot. By monitoring your heart rate throughout you will leave the gym energized instead of exhausted. AS you start to condition yourself over time you will naturally be forced to challenge yourself in new ways in order to achieve your goals and elevate your heart rate.
Brooke Taylor: www.tayloredfitness.net
Even before you start workout there are plenty of tricks and tips for you to lose body fat. Certain foods, hydration and protein all will play a key role in your metabolism and fat burning ability.
1. Barley For Breakfast – Swedish researchers found that eating barley or rye kernels for the first meal of the day lead to more stable blood sugar levels. Both are considered to below on the glycemic index, raising your blood sugar very slowly. This will help stabilize your blood sugar and help you avoid peaks and valleys that can leave you feeling famished.
2. Drink Plenty of Water- Water is in every cell in your body, and when dehydrated your body is running less efficiently than normal. It’s very important to stay hydrated for weight loss because it also boosts your metabolism by an additional 50 calories a day, that’s 5 pounds a year!
3. Eat More Protein- Adding about 1gram per pound of body weight can help you maintain lean muscle mass and lose weight faster. Research showed that protein could burn up to 35 percent more calories post meal.
Terry Asher: www.gymjunkies.com
1. Switch from inflammation-causing vegetable oil back to the highly stable healthy ghee your grandmother used.
2. Replace rice and potatoes with more vegetables. Cauliflower makes a great replacement for rice in any style of cooking but doesn’t end up on your hips.
3. Fructose, even from fruit, will give you food cravings all day if you have it for breakfast. If you eat fruit, eat it after dinner, not in the morning, so you can sleep during the food cravings.
Dave Asprey: www.upgradedself.com
1. Drink more water
2. Cut out extra calories (sodas, sugars, sauces, dressing)
3. Be more active, 30 min of cardio 5x a week.
Alicia Monae: http://aliciamonaefitness.com
1. Cut portions in half. Really. 50%. Share it or box it. So often portions are wayyyy too big. I am currently in Italy and constantly see dishes that would seem like food for trolls in some other places. And guess what? Italians are pretty much all in a great shape!
2. Start each meal with a green tea (hot, but not too hot). This will fill up your stomach which size is the size of your fist (yes, really) and will naturally curb your appetite by 25%.
3. Aim at 20,000 steps a day. Not the average 10,000. This would be a minimum to not gain weight. To lose weight you need to amp up your game and double up the minimum. Note that you can slice those 20k steps in as many steps as you want like 10 x 2000, 1 x20k, 20 x 1000, etc……
Valerie Orsoni: www.lebootcamp.com
Hope these tips and techniques will certainly help you to acquire that beautiful and healthy structure! We thank each and every beauty expert who shared their ideas with us. Which fitness expert’s tips you are going to follow? Feel free to share your thoughts with us in comments section below!
- How To Lose Weight At Home – Just Follow These 25 Simple Tips
- 20 Amazing Tips to Lose Weight Naturally and Healthily
- How To Lose Weight Effectively – 25 Fitness Experts Reveal Their Secrets
- 10 Healthy Juices That Can Help You To Lose Weight
- 10 Effective Tips To Lose Weight Permanently
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by Nithila AP Yadav (see all)
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Banana Juice For Skin, Hair And Health - November 9, 2013
- 7 Simple Ways In Which Stress Leads To Weight Gain - August 30, 2013
- How Does Walking Help To Lose Weight? - August 3, 2013
- 25 Simple Tips To Lose Weight In 1 Week - July 12, 2013