Picture this. You go to a party and try to resist all the good food around. You succeed mostly, but then a helping of extra cheese or that delicious dessert piece cannot be prevented! The next time you check your weight it hits you that it hasn’t really budged much. That is when the guilt kicks in. Everyone has been there. Every woman desires to lose weight and look beautiful but temptation and laziness always get in the way.
Well, we know that feeling. But don’t worry – this post talks about the 25 simple ways to lose weight in just 10 days! To know more, keep reading.
Obesity – A Brief
Obesity is a common problem; it is a chronic disease like diabetes and heart ailments because it is really difficult to cure obesity. The dangerous part is obesity leads to many other health complications, so it has to stop anyhow. Blame all amazing restaurants, junk food joints and ice cream parlours with their lip-smacking food for this situation. This problem has gotten even worse now. It is getting equally common in adults as in kids.
Though you hear every third person asking you to lose weight you still don’t seem to pay heed to it. The reason – Reducing weight has always been a challenging issue. It takes a lot to give up bad habits after all. It took me 2 years to realize that I MUST stop eating and start losing weight.
To find out whether you suffer from obesity or not, read the following. As an obese person (that is, if you are one), you will definitely have one or more of the following experiences:
- You might not be very comfortable wearing tight fitted clothes as it shows off your extra fat.
- You tend to lose your confidence. When you meet new people, also when your relatives or friends advise you to lose weight which is a bit embarrassing and reduces your level of confidence even more.
- Health related problems – If you’re not fit, you would indeed come across health-related common problems like strokes, diabetes or blood pressure.
- Pigmentation – Obese people are often found to have pigmentation on their face or body. This is due to improper nutrients intake and junk food they consume.
- Improper menstruation cycle – Obesity is a very common reason behind improper menstrual cycle and delayed pregnancy in obese women.
Scary as these indicators may sound, there sure is a sigh of relief. Losing weight sure is difficult, but not as difficult as you think it to be. With a conscious effort, you can lose weight easily.
Following are the 25 simple tips that can help you lose weight in ten days:
1. Increase Water Intake (The Water Therapy):
Water is a very important factor in any weight reduction program. Consumption of water cleanses the toxins from the body in the form of urine. Drink about 4 to 5 liters of water every day.
Different bodies have different requirements of water. A simple way to track how many liters of water your body needs in a day is to divide your weight by 20. The result you will get from this equation will give you the liters of water you must consume every day. For example: If you weigh 70 kilos, then dividing it by 20 gives 3.5 as result. So you must drink a minimum of 3.5 liters of water every single day. This is an essential step for weight loss in 10 days.
2. Green Tea Instead Of Coffee Or Tea:
Drinking a cup of hot green tea every morning on an empty stomach can cleanse the toxins in your body. It can also help reduce the problem of constipation. Green tea has low calories and starting your day with it instead of tea or coffee is very good tip for weight loss.
3. Hot Water With Lemon And Honey:
Hot water with lemon and honey is a great trick for losing weight. To make:
- Mix a spoon of lime juice and half a spoon of honey to hot or lukewarm water.
- Drink this every morning on an empty stomach to aid your weight loss in 10 days.
4. Reduce The Intake Of Carbohydrates:
Rice contains a lot of calories and carbohydrates in it. Reducing the intake of rice can reduce weight to a great extent. A lot of people in India (South Indians) start their day with a dosa or an idly. These dishes are primarily made from rice. Some people also have this for their dinner. If you want to lose weight, it is essential to reduce these carbohydrates intake ta a great extent.
5. Increase Protein Intake:
Protein is a muscle builder that can effectively reduce the fat in our body. It can also convert the loose fat into muscles. Increase the intake of protein and replace carbohydrates food with protein food.
6. Increase Fiber Intake:
Having food with soluble fibers is a great way to reduce weight. Consuming foods that contain soluble fibers will shed the weight by reducing the bad cholesterol in your body. Soluble fibers dissolve in water and form a gel like substance inside the body which slows down digestion. Food with soluble fibers keeps your stomach full for a longer time and this prevents overeating. It keeps weight under control, the slow stomach emptying helps to check blood sugar levels and this has a positive impact on insulin sensitivity.
Soluble fibers control diabetes effectively. Soluble fibers are kind to your heart, it reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and strokes by preventing the absorption of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol. This is bad cholesterol that blocks the blood vessels and result in heart attacks. Soluble fibers don’t interfere with the absorption of dietary cholesterol that is good for health. After all not all cholesterol cause harm!
Incorporate oatmeal, lentils, apples, oranges, pears, oat bran, strawberries, nuts, flaxseeds, beans, dried peas, blueberries, psyllium, cucumbers, celery and carrots. You can make several delicious dishes with this combination, so that you don’t have to compromise on taste while losing weight.
7. Avoid The Problem Of Constipation:
Constipation can delay weight reduction process a lot. This is because the toxic and waste components are not flushed out from your body. Make sure you keep your system clean and toxin-free.
Drink lots of water and juices. Also have food rich in fiber like apples, oats and green vegetables. You can have banana or ripe papaya; it is rich in vitamins and is a natural laxative. You can have medicines, but sticking to organic fiber rich foods is the best idea.
8. Avoid Junk Food:
Want to lose weight in 10 days? Avoid junk food completely! Junk foods like pizza, burgers, sausages, etc. do not contain any nutritive value. All they offer is fat and added weight. Junk food is the most common factor for putting on weight. Steer clear of these items.
Processed food and fast food are delicious no doubt, it is good to have it once in a while but don’t make it a weekly habit. Junk food can trigger stomach and liver disease due to contamination. Stomach problems will reduce weight, but is that a healthy way to lose weight. Losing weight should be a planned effort, it is best to follow a scientific approach for balanced weight loss.
9. Soy Protein:
This protein is a plant-derived protein and helps in weight reduction as its low in fat. Adding the right amount of soy protein to your diet can help you reduce weight further.
You can use soy nuggets, soy granules, miso, tempeh and tofu for cooking. Soy products have all the essential amino acids are less in calorie. No doubt soy milk and tofu have become so popular. You can include tofu in salads and stews, that are great on taste and also controls your weight.
10. Protein Meal Twice A Day:
A meal that is rich in protein can promote weight loss enormously. So it’s necessary to consume a protein rich meal at least twice a day. Preferably have it for your breakfast and dinner. It can either be protein shakes or salads that are rich in protein.
11. Consume Low-Calorie Food:
The trick to losing weight in ten days is to consume low-calorie food to reduce weight. Add boiled food to your diet and avoid foods that are sweet, rich in fats or fried.
12. Get Rid Of Food Cravings:
Food craving is very common and an uncontrollable factor among obese people. Never consume snacks or food when you have food craving sensation. Instead, drink plenty of water to avoid it.
Binge eating is quite common. We don’t realize what strong signals from the brain provoke us to have food full of empty calories. You have to analyze what is driving you towards these unhealthy foods that are your favorite. Once you know the reason behind binge eating then only you can stop it. For instance, you are depressed and you want to divert your mind so you order for a pizza with extra cheese which will make you feel good. Here is where we make mistakes, instead of ordering the pizza you could have talked to friend and expressed your anxiety; this would have helped to cheer you up better than a pizza!
Do you know why you binge eat? Or why you ordered that pizza? When you have your favorite pizza or candy, your brain releases dopamine and endorphins that lifts your mood instantly. You want to eat more sugary and fatty foods, this leads to unnecessary increase in weight. It is like a vicious cycle, that you have to break it with your willpower. You have to motivate yourself to ditch the junk food and switch over to healthy options. Healthy foods are also delicious; all you have to be is an innovative cook!
13. Prefer Sprouts To Fatty Snacks:
Boiled sprouts are rich in nutrients and have fewer calories. They can be consumed twice a day for brunch or in the evening time 2 hours before dinner. They provide you better nutrients than any other snack. Plus they aid your weight loss.
14. Not More Than 3 Meals A Day:
Never consume more than 3 proper meals a day. And most importantly, only the meal for your lunch can be heavy; whereas your breakfast and dinner should always be light. This is one of the most important tip on how to lose weight in 10 days naturally list.
15. Proper Exercise:
Working out is very important to lose weight and the simple equation to stay fit is: Proper diet + work out = FIT. You need not necessarily hit a gym to work out. You can start it at home with simple exercises like sit ups or skipping for about 10 -15 minutes a day. You can also go for morning or evening walks and jogging.
16. Consume Fruits With High Water Content And Less Calories:
Fruits and vegetables like water melon, cucumber, and papaya have very less calories. They can be consumed for brunch or in the evening as salads as they make you full. These fruits are best suited for weight loss as they have more water and lesser calories.
17. Avoid Carbonized Drinks:
Any carbonized drinks or beverage must be avoided during a weight loss program. Instead of these carbonized drinks, try and have lime juice, green tea or tender coconut water.
18. Keep A Count Of Your BMI And BMR:
Check your body metabolic index (BMI) and body metabolic rate (BMR). This gives you the amount of calories you should consume and the amount of calories that are burnt in your body – giving you a better clarity of your body system.
19. Avoid Red Meat:
Red meat is highly dangerous as it not only leads to obesity but also diseases like cancer. So avoid it at all costs during your weight loss program and otherwise also.
20. Avoid The Three White Poisons – Rice, Sugar, Salt:
Rice, sugar and salt MUST be avoided in your diet to the extent possible. You cannot totally avoid these but you sure can control their consumption quantity.
21. Prefer Salads To Juices:
Liquid foods like juices get digested quickly whereas salads stay in your body for about 6 hours, making you feel fuller for long. Consume salads instead of juices but do not add bananas, pineapple, jack fruit or any other calorie rich fruits to your salad.
22. Maintain Your Sugar Level:
It is necessary to maintain your sugar level at 140. If your sugar level shoots up more than 140, your pancreas produces more amount of insulin to convert the sugar into fat. This happens each time you consume food. So in order to control this, you should consume foods that maintain your sugar level.
23. Never Skip Your Meals:
When you skip your meal thinking that you might lose weight, you actually gain weight. This is because the hunger stays in your body and the next time you consume food, you end up consuming twice the quantity. This is also another important tip for you to abate the worry on how to lose weight in 10 days naturally.
24. Reduce Your Food Consumption To 1/3 Of What You Consume Now:
It is clear that the food that you are consuming now leads to obesity. So you will have to reduce this quantity to one third. If your hunger still persists, consume fiber-rich fruits or vegetables as your dessert.
25. Do It Now:
Last but not the least, do not postpone! Some get tempted by food or have no time to start the weight loss program. Remember that it’s now or never. Start your weight loss program and strictly stick to your diet.
How To Lose Weight In 10 Days At Home (For Starters):
In case you are a starter, here is a 10 day routine for you. It demonstrates what you should be eating, at what time and in what quantities:
Breakfast (within 9 am)
Lunch (within 1.30 pm)
Evening intake( by 5)
Dinner (within 9)
|Day 1||Hot lime juice with honey||Oats or protein meal*||Small cup of rice + 3 different steamed vegetables (avoid potatoes) + 1 or 2 chapattis||Green tea without sugar||Small cup of sprouts (or) fiber content fruits||2 to 3 chapattis(numbers depend on your intake but not more than 3)|
|Day 4||Hot lime juice with honey (or) green tea without sugar||Protein meal*||1 medium cup of wheat rice + 1 chapati+Steamed veg or veg salad|
|A cup of veg salad +2 chapattis||A cup of veg salad+2 chapattis|
|Day 7||Green tea||Protein meal*||1 medium cup of wheat rice (or)2 chapattis + 1 cup of raw veg salad|
|A small cup of sprouts(or)A small cup of fiber containing fruits||Protein meal*|
Protein meal*- a protein meal can be sprouts which are rich in protein (or) shakes made with soy proteins. You can try out the recipe below.
[ Read: How To Lose Weight At Home ]
Quick Recipe For Homemade Protein Shake:
Ingredients you need:
- 120 ml of skimmed milk
- 120 ml of soy milk
- 3 spoons of oat meal
- Cardamom or vanilla essence
Add 120 ml of skimmed milk, 120 ml of soy milk, 3 spoons of oat meal and 1 drop of vanilla essence or 2 cardamoms into a blender together.
Blend the mixture for 60 seconds and drink it immediately.
This is the most commonly followed recipe of protein shake. However, you can try and explore other options as well. The idea is to intake protein. Now how you do it, we leave that up to you.
Curious about how this works? For your better understanding, we have illustrated all the details of the 10-day calendar below.
- Hot lime water with honey (or) Green tea when consumed on an empty stomach, regulates metabolism. Hence they help in reducing weight. This makes it necessary to consume it as a part of the weight loss program.
- Consuming oats or protein meal instead of dosa or idly or your regular other breakfast helps control and reduce your calories intake. Again, these food items make for a healthy and nutritious breakfast. At the same time, they are good source of proteins which enhance weight loss. Protein helps keeping you full for longer. This helps control your untimely hunger pangs.
- The first three days’ calendar requires you to make moderate changes to your normal routine. There is a reason behind this. It’s difficult to change your eating habit drastically overnight. Hence, it is necessary to slowly minimize the food consumed and so we do over a period of 3 days. Since day one is when you start up with your weight loss program, having a cup of rice along with chapatti will reduce your hunger, fulfill your carbs craving to some extent. The three different steamed vegetables will give you extra fullness with low calories.
- After three days, the food consumption is further reduced where rice is substituted with wheat rice. Wheat rice is an excellent source of fiber. This fiber helps in weight reduction and it simultaneously gives fullness. The quantity of chapatti is also reduced to one. Vegetables are an essential part of a healthy diet and hence they are added more in quantity.
- Now is the time to reduce your food consumption even more. So you either have wheat rice or 2 chapattis. At this stage, your body gets used to this type of eating habit where less food is consumed.
- These same eating habits are also followed for dinner time where the food consumption is reduced day by day.
- Consuming sprouts or fruits as an evening snack helps to prevent food craving and also gives you fullness in a healthier way. This is said to enhance weight loss tremendously. Apart from the diet, exercise plays a vital role in weight reduction program. Go in for simple exercises like skipping or walking. When it comes to skipping, start with minimum 50 jumps and gradually increase it by 30 jumps every day.
It is also really important to follow the water therapy (discussed at length below). Without proper water intake, your weight loss will not be easy at all!
[ Read: Simple Tips To Lose Weight In 1 Week ]
Points To Remember For Healthy Weight Loss:
The main culprit behind obesity is fatty and sugary foods, and those who market such products. These fast foods contain chemicals that destroy the brain’s sensation of flavour known as senomyx. Also following extreme crash diets is also not good. You to lose weight in a balanced way! Here are some tips you should keep in mind:
- The idea that exercise depletes vital nutrients in the body is a myth. In fact, just the opposite happens exercise helps the blood to carry oxygen and nutrients to different parts of the body. So it is not necessary to drink the commercial sports or energy drinks. Avoid sports drink with HCFS as it prevents the body from producing human growth hormone. Water blended with salt or baking soda will help to maintain the electrolyte balance. You can drink tender coconut water. Go natural to shed fat.
- Cut both soda and diet soda from your list. Diet sodas have artificial sugars that make it less sweet than normal sodas and soft drinks. Don’t think you are having less calories or sugar if you are having diet coke, it is still unhealthy.
- Like it is important what you eat, it is also important when you eat. Plan your meals beforehand and have it at a fixed time.
- Avoid packaged fruit juice, especially if your body has no insulin resistance. If you are drinking freshly squeezed juice, have it in moderation. Fructose is a strict no for those who sincerely want to lose weight. Instead have whole fruits.
- Eat organic vegetables free of preservatives and pesticides. No canned foods.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking, it not only increases weight it harms both lungs and liver.
You must make a special note of the fact that the tips shared here are extremely simple. They are quite practical in their approach and easy to follow. These tips, when followed religiously, will earn the desired results within 10 days only – something that most other weight loss programs with drastic and radical changes don’t. Just stick to these natural methods you will discover the new fitter you soon. Stay fit, stay healthy!
Now start shedding those extra kilos, have well toned and desirable shape! All you require is to know the right diet plan, tips and weight loss ideas. Here are the best weight loss tips we received from the World’s renowned fitness experts on an expert roundup.
Experts Tips To Lose Weight in 10 Days:
1. Cut out all soda pop and only drink water and herbal tea for beverages
2. Cut out all salt and sugar!
3. Get a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio every day. Sweat
Astrid Swan McGuire: www.astridswanmcguire.com
1. Rebounding – stimulates your lymphatic system, flushes toxins, burns fat and helps with digestion.
68% more effective than running to lose weight!
Try 15 minutes/day for 10 days.
2. Himalayan salt baths… This is = a 2 day detox + reduces inflammation and water retention. Add 1-2 cups of salt to a hot bath.
If you can’t take a bath, try a hot sauna – sweat!
3. Try Foam Rolling – to increase circulation, smooth out thick, bulky, dense areas of the body and reduce stress and calm your nervous system!
4. Drink 1/4 cup coconut H2O + 1/2 squeezed lemon + cayenne pepper to taste + 16 oz of water…2xs/day – it will de-bloat, stimulate your metabolism and make you less hungry!
Lauren Roxburgh: www.laurenroxburgh.com
[ Read: Simple Exercises To Reduce Belly Fat ]
1. Breathe before reaching for food:
Weight gain is generally a result of giving in to cravings, which come from our emotions, fears or lack of love. By taking a few breaths before eating, you can ask yourself what you’re REALLY craving. More times than not it will be things like peace, connection, a hug or simply some water.
2. Appreciate your body:
Some of my clients have lost up to 6 pounds in a week simply by developing a new relationship with their body. Appreciating it is like appreciating part of yourself, and sends positive signals to your cells, which in turn will start functioning better and more efficiently, leading to health and weight loss.
3. Face the truth of your current situation:
Write down the current habits and excuses that are holding you back as well as all the emotions you hold regarding your weight (ex anger, fear, guilt, sadness).
Feelings are held within the body as energy and lead to weight gain. They also affect our habits and behaviors.
Many of my clients have lost weight simply by acknowledging the truth and by bringing their current choices to their awareness.
Will Pike: www.willpike.co.uk
1. Decrease your consumption of refined carbohydrates and replace with more protein and healthy fats.
2. When working out, use shorter bouts of high intensity exercise (i.e., 10 min of on and off sprints) more frequently than long, slow exercises (i.e., steady pace treadmill running).
3. Make sure you are getting plenty of quality sleep at night (at least 7 hours, preferably
Hayden William Courtland: www.scienceforfitness.com
1. Cut out starchy carbohydrate foods e.g., sugars, starches, pastry and bread of all kinds. FRESH FRUIT IS FINE
2. Eat a large, raw vegetable salad each day and a serving of animal protein four times a week.
3. Stop any excessive water-drinking.
Steve Maxwell: www.maxwellsc.com
1. Get enough sleep: So much is dependent on how much sleep you get every night; hormone levels, stress, decision making abilities, general mood, and appetite.
2. Don’t expect miracles: It’s common to want to meet your goals as quickly as possible. With weight loss, the slow and steady path is always the long term winner.
3. Pay Attention: Are you actually hungry when you eat? Do you stop eating before you feel over stuffed? Are you eating mindlessly while you watch TV.
Amber Ellison Walker: www.ithinkicanfitness.com
1. Drink MORE water
2. Eat LESS (all about creating a calorie deficit – eating a little less than what your body needs – you can do this by eating a little less, and moving a little more – I prefer doing a combo of both)
3. Move MORE (starting with the 1% solution – just 15 minutes per day – we all have 15 minutes!)
Dai Manuel: www.daimanuel.com
Nithila AP Yadav
Latest posts by Nithila AP Yadav (see all)
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Banana Juice For Skin, Hair And Health - November 9, 2013
- 7 Simple Ways In Which Stress Leads To Weight Gain - August 30, 2013
- How Does Walking Help To Lose Weight? - August 3, 2013
- 9 Delicious Soups For Weight Loss - July 2, 2013